- 704 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Puerto Rico
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/2/11
- productV-MODA for True Blood V-80 On-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphonetagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PHCHROME Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Phantom Chrome)tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-PWHITE Overear Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Pearl White)tagged by System, 12/22/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda Crossfade M-80? Last post on 11/30/11 at 11:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vmoda crossfade. Last post on 11/6/12 at 7:46pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Crossfade on the iPod Last post on 11/6/05 at 11:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Are V-Moda Crossfade LP's like Beats? Last post on 10/27/12 at 10:47am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift GuideLast edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews - Page 147post #2191 of 273312/18/12 at 2:37pmMy red one button cable seems to work just fine with the Clip Zip and the headphone output on my powered monitors... /shrug Can't test the three button one anymore since I traded it with an M-100 owner for his orange one button cable, I don't have an iPhone so I didn't have any need for a three button.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2192 of 273312/18/12 at 2:37pmpost #2193 of 273312/18/12 at 9:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by tomkang
@miceblue Was looking around youtube, when I came across your video. Great find, much prefer the minimalistic box! :D
Yes, everybody needs to get rid of the outter "marketing BS" skin of M-100... take off the outter layer of the package so you can see how we REALLY would brand a headphone!
-V^Vpost #2194 of 273312/19/12 at 1:29amQuote:
Huh, never noticed that about the M-80 box either, tho the link's broken now. What did the QR/link m80box originally lead to?post #2195 of 273312/20/12 at 8:07am
The m-80s just arrived after a delay. First impressions are very good, solid build quality, nice extras such as the case and carabiner. The initial couple of hours on and off were a tad uncomfortable due to the hand band clamping, however that has improved and now feels good for longer durations. Sound quality is impressive straight out the box, will give it more time though.
Does anyone use the carabiner and carry the headphones outside on a bag?post #2196 of 273312/20/12 at 6:42pmQuote:
Yeah after watching Micblue's vid the first thing I did with my M80 box was remove the outer sleeve. BTW Val, have you noticed fraying of the cables being a normal problem?
Diegopost #2197 of 273312/21/12 at 7:27ampost #2198 of 273312/21/12 at 7:38ampost #2199 of 273312/23/12 at 6:42am
In UK Amazon is verified reseller. What about this seller:
They arebut I dont want to risk.
Amazon is out of stock!!?? :(
Tnx!!post #2200 of 273312/24/12 at 2:29pm
Received my m-80s today from Amazon UK. At first I wasn't that impressed, sounded pretty much like my 40 bucks Wesc headphones. An hour later and they sound brilliant. Sound very good with Classic and Pop music. Florence & the machine sounds freakin awsm. A little lacking while listening to electronic music so far, would of liked a little more punch from the bass.
I actually find them very comfortable out of the box. Hardly any clamp at all, which I find a little worrying as they would probably sound even better with a tighter fit. Might be because of my big head or that I haven't found the right fit and will have to find the right positioning for my ears. Better isolation than I expected too.
Don't think the new cable was included though. Does anyone know if it was supposed to? Is it necessary to have the new cable?
Early impressions. Very happy so far and am definitely looking forward to listening to them A LOT!
Edit: And, When I opened the box I was truly shocked at how tiny they were. Was expecting them to be much larger. That's a plus though!
Edited by Firmestpiano - 12/24/12 at 2:37pmpost #2201 of 273312/24/12 at 7:27pm
Anyone ever opened up an M-80? My right side fork thing is loose and its squeaks when i pinch them together. It is rubbing on something inside the driver enclosure. It has gotten worse since I got them.post #2202 of 273312/24/12 at 9:52pmThe new cable is usually included by now but I guess you could've just received old stock... New one just has a better mic setup AFAIK.
One of my forks sort of clicks when I put them on or take them off, it's not so much a squeak as a slight click or creak... It doesn't make any noise whatsoever when I just swivel the cup or when it's on my head tho, so it hasn't bothered me.
If it's squeaking while on your head I'd just call up and see if you can get a replacement, that'd be annoying.post #2203 of 273312/24/12 at 10:35pmQuote:
Hey, my right side fork has the same issue, but it only happens when I pinch the fork together while I'm wearing them, so It's not a huge problem. I did separate the fork from the ear cup and all it really is is bad fit from the little plastic pieces that go onto the cup and hold the fork in place, maybe some shaving of the plastic may fix the problem but I don't really feel like tryingpost #2204 of 273312/24/12 at 10:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leveler
Hey, my right side fork has the same issue, but it only happens when I pinch the fork together while I'm wearing them, so It's not a huge problem. I did separate the fork from the ear cup and all it really is is bad fit from the little plastic pieces that go onto the cup and hold the fork in place, maybe some shaving of the plastic may fix the problem but I don't really feel like trying
That's how mine started but now I can hear it when its off too. So what does it look like inside? Should I be worried that it could break?post #2205 of 273312/24/12 at 10:46pmQuote:
well, grab an allen wrench and just unscrew the 4 screws on the fork, and then the fork will separate from the grey (on the white version) plastic pieces, which are just two small plastic pieces that go into indentation in the cup, I wouldn't really worry for it breaking, but would contact V-Moda, if not for a full replacement, they could at least send a new pair of the little plastic pieces, I guess, since I think it's just a poor fit between the plasticReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
- › Need help/recs for closed headphones $250 or thereabout for... 33 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/29/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › MIcrophone ??? 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob