Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews - Page 145

post #2161 of 2757

How are these size wise? I've read that they could be a problem for those with rather large heads, which I have and I'm thinking about buying these so I just want to make sure. I've had a couple of WesC phones earlier which to me don't look any bigger than the m80's. Should I worry about this?

post #2162 of 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmestpiano View Post

How are these size wise? I've read that they could be a problem for those with rather large heads, which I have and I'm thinking about buying these so I just want to make sure. I've had a couple of WesC phones earlier which to me don't look any bigger than the m80's. Should I worry about this?

These headphones are quite small. I have a large head also, they couldn't fit on my head completely but after I bend the headband for awhile they seem to fit better :)

post #2163 of 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMusic View Post

These headphones are quite small. I have a large head also, they couldn't fit on my head completely but after I bend the headband for awhile they seem to fit better :)

Cheers for the reply. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if and when I get em. Hopefully it won't be too bad. 

post #2164 of 2757

Awesome headphones. Got mine in black..had the V-80 model (True Blood) but they broke after 25 days (not sure if it was the cable or the circuit inside the headphones..and got the M-80 black model. Just wow!! Now looking for a DAP to get or a v good mp3/flac player :P

 

Also ordered the white version for my brother for X-mas, I bet he will be O_O


Edited by Toastledrums - 12/9/12 at 3:45am
post #2165 of 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastledrums View Post

Awesome headphones. Got mine in black..had the V-80 model (True Blood) but they broke after 25 days (not sure if it was the cable or the circuit inside the headphones..and got the M-80 black model. Just wow!! Now looking for a DAP to get or a v good mp3/flac player :P

 

Also ordered the white version for my brother for X-mas, I bet he will be O_O

did you re-bought them or used the warranty?

post #2166 of 2757
I have a medium sized head and large ears, been wearing them at six clicks out, haven't even checked how much farther they expand tho...

Do most of you wear them so the pads are covering most of your ear or does anyone wear them farther forward/back? My ears basically stick out a few millimeters on the top/back/bottom, haven't worn them for too long a session yet to see how the pressure will be...

I imagine the pads haven't adjusted yet either, tho I don't mind the fit as is.
post #2167 of 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post

I have a medium sized head and large ears, been wearing them at six clicks out, haven't even checked how much farther they expand tho...
Do most of you wear them so the pads are covering most of your ear or does anyone wear them farther forward/back? My ears basically stick out a few millimeters on the top/back/bottom, haven't worn them for too long a session yet to see how the pressure will be...
I imagine the pads haven't adjusted yet either, tho I don't mind the fit as is.

I have had the M80s for a little less than a week, I have larger than average ears (they are 65mm from top to bottom, that's the adult average, but I'm 15 so I consider it larger than average) when I got them I HATED the comfort, could barely wore them for more than 45 mins, but I read how the comfort got better and wore them hours a day even if my ears hurt like hell, I already got used to them and now I can wear them for hours with almost no discomfort. so if anyone is getting them and hates the comfort at first, give them a few days/weeks

post #2168 of 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveler View Post

did you re-bought them or used the warranty?

No, I returned the V-80 and got the M-80 (which was cheaper anyway)..I got V-80 in the first place just because I am a fan of the True Blood TV Show.

 

There are things I noticed though between the two versions. I guess that the V-80 has been produced for a limited time in 2011 and that's it. When I got the M-80 (3 weeks ago), it seems like they made the case a bit smaller and from another material (even though looks the same). Also my ears don't hurt that much with the M-80 like with the V-80. This made me think they upgraded/improved the latests batches of M-80 with things like the memory foam material that it's in the earpads..feels softer.

 

Another thing I notice is that it is written on the instructions of M-80 to register on V-Moda website with the serial number and some warnings of counterfeit..on the V-80 didn't see anything like this (since it was among the first batches I guess). Also inside the case of M-80 there was a clip which had a sticker saying to attach that to the cable (and stick it to clothes) so the noise from the microphone it's reduced (due to several complaints I noticed on forums). So yeah..they added/did small things on the new batches of M-80 maybe! (don't know how was M-80 when it was released though but I suppose the same as V-80).  The build quality between the two is the same.

 

Overall, uber happy with my M-80. I am curious how the white version will look like/sound when my brother opens the box :) I am expecting it to be the same.

post #2169 of 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastledrums View Post

No, I returned the V-80 and got the M-80 (which was cheaper anyway)..I got V-80 in the first place just because I am a fan of the True Blood TV Show.

 

There are things I noticed though between the two versions. I guess that the V-80 has been produced for a limited time in 2011 and that's it. When I got the M-80 (3 weeks ago), it seems like they made the case a bit smaller and from another material (even though looks the same). Also my ears don't hurt that much with the M-80 like with the V-80. This made me think they upgraded/improved the latests batches of M-80 with things like the memory foam material that it's in the earpads..feels softer.

 

Another thing I notice is that it is written on the instructions of M-80 to register on V-Moda website with the serial number and some warnings of counterfeit..on the V-80 didn't see anything like this (since it was among the first batches I guess). Also inside the case of M-80 there was a clip which had a sticker saying to attach that to the cable (and stick it to clothes) so the noise from the microphone it's reduced (due to several complaints I noticed on forums). So yeah..they added/did small things on the new batches of M-80 maybe! (don't know how was M-80 when it was released though but I suppose the same as V-80).  The build quality between the two is the same.

 

Overall, uber happy with my M-80. I am curious how the white version will look like/sound when my brother opens the box :) I am expecting it to be the same.

I have the whites :). I saw someone that had the V-80 and later got the M-80 in white and he commented as well how the pads on the M-80 where softer...

post #2170 of 2757
Really want to get these, but a bit worried about the sound. I'm afraid they might be too bassy and warm, since I didn't particularly like the B&W P5 and some people's descriptions of the M80s make them sound quite similar. I was a bit disappointed with the "boominess" of the P5 and lack of control in the bass, and the way it sounded a little "thick", for me. Can anyone reassure me on the M80 not sounding like this? Since I'm in the UK there's not really any chance of me listening to them before I buy them :/
post #2171 of 2757
They have some deep emphasis but they're a far cry from what I'd call a basshead headphone... Haven't heard the P5 in a while so I can't compare to those, tho joker has probably drawn some kind of comparison in his big portable thread. I find stuff like the Kplisch Image One to be way bassier, the M-80's bass is very controlled and doesn't overpower IMO.
post #2172 of 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastledrums View Post

Another thing I notice is that it is written on the instructions of M-80 to register on V-Moda website with the serial number and some warnings of counterfeit..on the V-80 didn't see anything like this (since it was among the first batches I guess). Also inside the case of M-80 there was a clip which had a sticker saying to attach that to the cable (and stick it to clothes) so the noise from the microphone it's reduced (due to several complaints I noticed on forums). So yeah..they added/did small things on the new batches of M-80 maybe! (don't know how was M-80 when it was released though but I suppose the same as V-80).  The build quality between the two is the same.

Overall, uber happy with my M-80. I am curious how the white version will look like/sound when my brother opens the box smily_headphones1.gif I am expecting it to be the same.

Weird, mine didn't come with any clip... Did yours come with the newer Speakeasy cable that has the mic and controls on separate pods?

Mine came with a registration sticker on the manual that has a QR which automatically enters your serial number on the site (very cool), the two cables, carabiner, and a card advertising the custom shields and offering a 20% discount that's only good thru year's ends (/groan).
post #2173 of 2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse View Post


Weird, mine didn't come with any clip... Did yours come with the newer Speakeasy cable that has the mic and controls on separate pods?
Mine came with a registration sticker on the manual that has a QR which automatically enters your serial number on the site (very cool), the two cables, carabiner, and a card advertising the custom shields and offering a 20% discount that's only good thru year's ends (/groan).

 

No Speakeasy cable...  Yh got the same registration sticker with QR code. 

Here is a pic with the clip (can't add images yet) https://www.dropbox.com/s/buikyc1xnotetcp/20121210_120230.jpg

post #2174 of 2757
Ah, guess they were sending those out pre-Speakeasy... My cable works great tho, I used it today while walking by the airport and the person could hear me just fine even tho the cable was bouncing against my body and everything.
post #2175 of 2757

I will have to part ways with me M-80 soon. Its been over a month and the comfort is not that great. It got better, but it still hurts. Also the right side of mine, when i pinch the forked thing, it squeaks. Annoying when I move my jaws, which causes it to squeak, too. I love it's sound, but wouldn't mind the sub-bass being stronger by 2dB. Any recommendation of a great looking/sounding replacement headphone that's comfortable?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews