Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews - Page 15

post #211 of 2758

I think its been said in this thread that the M100s will be larger than the m80s, closer to LPs in size.

post #212 of 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

*raises hand*

 


+1, but I think Val may know that already :D.

 

I did get a chance to try out the older Crossfades LP's last weekend, & found them dark for my taste. Sounded very different from the lime green LPs I tried @ the dinner. Which is why I'm keen on seeing how the M/V80's, LP2's and/or upcoming series will be.

post #213 of 2758


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockmaker View Post



I've got the same problem. Now that the lp2's are out, I have three sets of cans to consider instead of two. Needing light, closed, isolating, portable, durable, detachable cord cans, and my three options are the lp2, m80 or the tma-1. Decisions decisions...

 

EUREKA, I feel ya'll - its so hard to decide on headphones esp without proper time and ABC comparisons next to each other.  I'll try to come up with a program for test drives.  Perhaps we send two products at a time at the price of one with a prepaid return shipping sticker.  Keep the one you like best, if don't return second we charge it later.  Let me see if it'll work with our operations team.  

 

I have ~8+ of all other comparable other brand headphones too that we use for benchmarking and focus groups, so its a win win since I need to sell them anyhow vs just taking up space.  And if you choose the other brand then you can tell us why and we can put this in our lab database to continuously improve.

 

SOLUTIONS!

 

 

-v  
 

 

Reply
post #214 of 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

Here are the shield/custom options for M-80/V-80 (EDIT WE ARE ADDING THE CUSTOM LOGO OPTION TOMORROW, WE ARE UPGRADING SITE)

 

http://v-moda.com/on-ear-shields/

 

use code "HEAD-FI" for the special offers (14.4% off).

 

We officially launched LP2 today, I had a fun time THROWING them in the video. LP vs M series sound is discussed earlier in the thread and on our site (or on tab called compare).  M-100 will sound more like M-80, LP2 is our Live Play series (heavier bass).


WATCH ME THROW LP2, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME... next- can it stop bullets and will it blend?

A

 

 

 

 

 

-v


so to clarify, when do you type in the HEAD-FI coupon for it to work and does it still come with the free custom shields and that concert earplug/bassy earbuds?

 

post #215 of 2758

Man, those LP2's are really nice! I can tell by the over ear design that they'll be great for bass and a "3D sound"

 

Ha, the only problem now is the LP2's have added to my dilemma! At first I was convinced on getting a pair of M-80's, then after hearing rumors of the bigger  M-100's (presumably closer to the over ear design of the LPs) I was going to wait it out. Now with the LP2's and the awesome Head-Fi coupon code I just can't decide what to do! 

 

I'm looking for a pair of V-Moda's with excellent bass, obviously not a headphone like the Beats Studios that is bass centered but a headphone that will really bring the bass and not disrespect the highs and mids. 

 

Getting a pair of LP2s for ~$170 shipped and a free pair of Faders thrown in for good measure is just calling my name right now...

post #216 of 2758

Does that head-fi coupon work on the purchase of the LP2s or just the ear shields?  I guess it sucks being the first guy to buy things...when I bought my M80s I paid 20 bucks more than they released at and now I miss the 14% off?  Ouch.

post #217 of 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

Does that head-fi coupon work on the purchase of the LP2s or just the ear shields?  I guess it sucks being the first guy to buy things...when I bought my M80s I paid 20 bucks more than they released at and now I miss the 14% off?  Ouch.


Worked on the LP2 for me. biggrin.gif

 

post #218 of 2758

if I buy the L2, I will be ridiculed on the bus? (too big)
The L2, are recommended for the game,
if not, why 3d?

 

 

EDIT:  ok, I've seen in youtube the size of LP2, I buy these.


Edited by Specialone - 11/17/11 at 4:52am
post #219 of 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post


 

 

EUREKA, I feel ya'll - its so hard to decide on headphones esp without proper time and ABC comparisons next to each other.  I'll try to come up with a program for test drives.  Perhaps we send two products at a time at the price of one with a prepaid return shipping sticker.  Keep the one you like best, if don't return second we charge it later.  Let me see if it'll work with our operations team.  

 

I have ~8+ of all other comparable other brand headphones too that we use for benchmarking and focus groups, so its a win win since I need to sell them anyhow vs just taking up space.  And if you choose the other brand then you can tell us why and we can put this in our lab database to continuously improve.

 

SOLUTIONS!

 

 

-v  
 

 

 

This is what I like to see. A legit attempt at a business to not only help (potential) customers, but also a display of interaction and response to feedback from your market. Props to you Val.
 

 

post #220 of 2758

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkfireblade25 View Post


so to clarify, when do you type in the HEAD-FI coupon for it to work and does it still come with the free custom shields and that concert earplug/bassy earbuds?

 


Wow, so if this is true, that means that using the HEAD-FI coupon, you can get

1. The M-80's at 14.4% off original price

2. free custom shields (with artwork, or just color?)

3. concert earplug/bassy earbuds (dunno what those are lol)

 

If so, I think I'm going to have to order sometime this week xD

 

post #221 of 2758

.


Edited by Louis8ball - 12/12/11 at 9:19am
post #222 of 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagelou View Post

Quote:


Wow, so if this is true, that means that using the HEAD-FI coupon, you can get

1. The M-80's at 14.4% off original price

2. free custom shields (with artwork, or just color?)

3. concert earplug/bassy earbuds (dunno what those are lol)

 

If so, I think I'm going to have to order sometime this week xD

 


Not to mention the free shipping and faders.

 


 

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 

As an ode to the era of 300, 1200, 2400 and 14.4k baud days of original bulletin boards, we are offering 14.4% off any product purchase.  Also, we are offering a grazie set of V-MODA Faders (while supplies last) and shipping in the USA for purchases above $50.

 

Use code "HEAD-FI" to redeem this special offer through Nov 26th!

 

-val kolton

V-MODA CVO

 

 

 

 

 


edit: 100th post!

 

 


Edited by Clockmaker - 11/17/11 at 9:06am
post #223 of 2758

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockmaker View Post


Not to mention the free shipping and faders.

 


 


edit: 100th post!

 

 


Wait, so "Yes" to 14.4% off M-80 (totaling to under $200), free CUSTOM shields (with your choice of artwork file, same rules as LP2)? Can't seem to find any "Faders" on the site though, what are they??

If this is really true, I'm going to have to start making the artwork file today so I can get these cans before I go away for Thanksgiving break^^

 

post #224 of 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagelou View Post

Quote:


Wait, so "Yes" to 14.4% off M-80 (totaling to under $200), free CUSTOM shields (with your choice of artwork file, same rules as LP2)? Can't seem to find any "Faders" on the site though, what are they??

If this is really true, I'm going to have to start making the artwork file today so I can get these cans before I go away for Thanksgiving break^^

 



Not sure if the shields are free, but technically speaking, if you use the 14.4% off coupon then buy custom shields, the price just about breaks even to having bought the cans without the coupon. In that perspective, it is 'free'. Fairly certain the faders are some VModa IEM's.

post #225 of 2758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockmaker View Post

 

This is what I like to see. A legit attempt at a business to not only help (potential) customers, but also a display of interaction and response to feedback from your market. Props to you Val.
 

 



x2 That is pretty awesome and helpful for people to decide which can is for them. 

 

And I'll totally volunteer to hear those M-100s. I hear them calling my name. :P

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews