Just popping in to join the club. I'm still listening more to get full impressions, and write a review. They're amazing so far, totally floored for the price.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well for the price they're a steal, i really hope they don't cotton on and bump the price for it.
Anadin thanks glad i helped, don't forget to post up your impressions for us.
Archy, good to know you finally caved
Edited by Huxley - 1/14/12 at 12:37pm
Yep I even gave up on FX700's for the EPH100's - partially thanks to you guys.
I initially started looking for the Holy Grail of IEM's (non custom) but soon came to realise there is no such thing.
I concluded higher tier's have diminishing returns over mid ones & they still have their failings.
I feel happy with my decision & its completely irrelevant of the price. Only slight concern might be the low sparkle.
Can't wait to get them on !
That would be really great. FXT90 was the other one i considered but felt the EPH100's signature might be closer to what i desire.
Anyone able to A/B with GR07's ?
Edited by archy121 - 1/14/12 at 3:40pm
Oh man, after reading the impressions of the EPH-100 owners I really want them. I do wonder if they isolate good enough? As in, are they not prone to wind noise?
I know it's difficult to compare a headphone with an IEM, but is the sound of the EPH-100 comparable to the Sennheiser HD25-II?
I can't comment on HD25 but from what i have been reading, isolation is pretty much the best out of all DD's.
Deep inserts allow good isolation (with the right tip) & should also minimise wind noise. I think they are going to be perfect for jogs & gym etc.
I joined the club too - I love the look of these, and was just about to pick up the FX700's - Bearing that in mind I wasn't all that keen on spending £300 on a universal when I have a custom already - But, there are times when I do want a high end universal to listen to and don't want the seal etc behind the customs - Hoepfully these will fit the bill
Ordered from Audio Affair before, they're a good service
Nice to see the EPH-100 community grow, the UK price of £80 makes them one of the best buys out there imo.
On another note, if any of you EPH-100 owners happen to have a Cowon, please try the "BBE Viva" setting with your Yamahas. I rarely EQ my IEMs unless it's necessary (*cough* IE8 *cough* ;-), but BBE Viva sounds really nice with the EPH-100. It's essentially a v-shaped setting and you'll loose a little bit of midrange presence and smoothness, but gain better soundstage, bass peak shifts toward deep bass and treble clears up nicely. Not for everyone and every kind of music, but imo worth a try.
Just fired up my S9. Not bad, bit light on punch but it has good detail, useful for anything vocal or classical.
I have a better manual eq set, might be some sibilance but soundstage and punch is much better.
10 80hz wide
9 385hz narrow
10 780hz wide
10 3khz wide
5 13khz wide
Mach bass off
3d surround off
Mp enhance on
Stereo enhance 1
Give that a try, might be a bit bright for some folk.
Edited by Huxley - 1/15/12 at 1:17am
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 18 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 13 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 13 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Comparison w/ pictures!) 14 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 17 minutes ago
- › How do I rip the best quality files for my Dap 17 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)