Just popping in to join the club. I'm still listening more to get full impressions, and write a review. They're amazing so far, totally floored for the price.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well for the price they're a steal, i really hope they don't cotton on and bump the price for it.
Anadin thanks glad i helped, don't forget to post up your impressions for us.
Archy, good to know you finally caved
Edited by Huxley - 1/14/12 at 12:37pm
Yep I even gave up on FX700's for the EPH100's - partially thanks to you guys.
I initially started looking for the Holy Grail of IEM's (non custom) but soon came to realise there is no such thing.
I concluded higher tier's have diminishing returns over mid ones & they still have their failings.
I feel happy with my decision & its completely irrelevant of the price. Only slight concern might be the low sparkle.
Can't wait to get them on !
That would be really great. FXT90 was the other one i considered but felt the EPH100's signature might be closer to what i desire.
Anyone able to A/B with GR07's ?
Edited by archy121 - 1/14/12 at 3:40pm
Oh man, after reading the impressions of the EPH-100 owners I really want them. I do wonder if they isolate good enough? As in, are they not prone to wind noise?
I know it's difficult to compare a headphone with an IEM, but is the sound of the EPH-100 comparable to the Sennheiser HD25-II?
I can't comment on HD25 but from what i have been reading, isolation is pretty much the best out of all DD's.
Deep inserts allow good isolation (with the right tip) & should also minimise wind noise. I think they are going to be perfect for jogs & gym etc.
I joined the club too - I love the look of these, and was just about to pick up the FX700's - Bearing that in mind I wasn't all that keen on spending £300 on a universal when I have a custom already - But, there are times when I do want a high end universal to listen to and don't want the seal etc behind the customs - Hoepfully these will fit the bill
Ordered from Audio Affair before, they're a good service
Nice to see the EPH-100 community grow, the UK price of £80 makes them one of the best buys out there imo.
On another note, if any of you EPH-100 owners happen to have a Cowon, please try the "BBE Viva" setting with your Yamahas. I rarely EQ my IEMs unless it's necessary (*cough* IE8 *cough* ;-), but BBE Viva sounds really nice with the EPH-100. It's essentially a v-shaped setting and you'll loose a little bit of midrange presence and smoothness, but gain better soundstage, bass peak shifts toward deep bass and treble clears up nicely. Not for everyone and every kind of music, but imo worth a try.
Just fired up my S9. Not bad, bit light on punch but it has good detail, useful for anything vocal or classical.
I have a better manual eq set, might be some sibilance but soundstage and punch is much better.
10 80hz wide
9 385hz narrow
10 780hz wide
10 3khz wide
5 13khz wide
Mach bass off
3d surround off
Mp enhance on
Stereo enhance 1
Give that a try, might be a bit bright for some folk.
Edited by Huxley - 1/15/12 at 1:17am
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Do hard drives sound different? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 5 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 7 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)