Just popping in to join the club. I'm still listening more to get full impressions, and write a review. They're amazing so far, totally floored for the price.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 7post #91 of 35361/14/12 at 1:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 35361/14/12 at 11:01ampost #93 of 35361/14/12 at 12:05pmpost #94 of 35361/14/12 at 12:16pmpost #95 of 35361/14/12 at 12:32pm
Well for the price they're a steal, i really hope they don't cotton on and bump the price for it.
Anadin thanks glad i helped, don't forget to post up your impressions for us.
Archy, good to know you finally caved
Edited by Huxley - 1/14/12 at 12:37pmpost #96 of 35361/14/12 at 3:11pm
Yep I even gave up on FX700's for the EPH100's - partially thanks to you guys.
I initially started looking for the Holy Grail of IEM's (non custom) but soon came to realise there is no such thing.
I concluded higher tier's have diminishing returns over mid ones & they still have their failings.
I feel happy with my decision & its completely irrelevant of the price. Only slight concern might be the low sparkle.
Can't wait to get them on !post #97 of 35361/14/12 at 3:37pmpost #98 of 35361/14/12 at 3:38pmQuote:
That would be really great. FXT90 was the other one i considered but felt the EPH100's signature might be closer to what i desire.
Anyone able to A/B with GR07's ?
Edited by archy121 - 1/14/12 at 3:40pmpost #99 of 35361/14/12 at 4:01pmpost #100 of 35361/14/12 at 4:28pm
Oh man, after reading the impressions of the EPH-100 owners I really want them. I do wonder if they isolate good enough? As in, are they not prone to wind noise?
I know it's difficult to compare a headphone with an IEM, but is the sound of the EPH-100 comparable to the Sennheiser HD25-II?post #101 of 35361/14/12 at 5:01pm
I can't comment on HD25 but from what i have been reading, isolation is pretty much the best out of all DD's.
Deep inserts allow good isolation (with the right tip) & should also minimise wind noise. I think they are going to be perfect for jogs & gym etc.post #102 of 35361/14/12 at 5:20pm
I joined the club too - I love the look of these, and was just about to pick up the FX700's - Bearing that in mind I wasn't all that keen on spending £300 on a universal when I have a custom already - But, there are times when I do want a high end universal to listen to and don't want the seal etc behind the customs - Hoepfully these will fit the bill
Ordered from Audio Affair before, they're a good servicepost #103 of 35361/14/12 at 11:54pm
Nice to see the EPH-100 community grow, the UK price of £80 makes them one of the best buys out there imo.
On another note, if any of you EPH-100 owners happen to have a Cowon, please try the "BBE Viva" setting with your Yamahas. I rarely EQ my IEMs unless it's necessary (*cough* IE8 *cough* ;-), but BBE Viva sounds really nice with the EPH-100. It's essentially a v-shaped setting and you'll loose a little bit of midrange presence and smoothness, but gain better soundstage, bass peak shifts toward deep bass and treble clears up nicely. Not for everyone and every kind of music, but imo worth a try.post #104 of 35361/15/12 at 1:16am
Just fired up my S9. Not bad, bit light on punch but it has good detail, useful for anything vocal or classical.
I have a better manual eq set, might be some sibilance but soundstage and punch is much better.
10 80hz wide
9 385hz narrow
10 780hz wide
10 3khz wide
5 13khz wide
Mach bass off
3d surround off
Mp enhance on
Stereo enhance 1
Give that a try, might be a bit bright for some folk.
Edited by Huxley - 1/15/12 at 1:17amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Stax Thread III 54 seconds ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 1 minute ago
- › Bottlehead Crack + Speedball Upgrade (PRICE DROP) [Located in... 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Gigaworks T20, T40 & Audioengine A5+ 3 minutes ago
- › December 2013 - Mook Headphone Festival Singapore 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe