or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 265

post #3961 of 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astropin View Post

These are on sale right now on Amazon for 94.99. Great price for these quality IEM's.

Have own it for month already thx XD 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz1 View Post

Hi everyone this is Kevin and it is my first post. I've been doing some research over the past few days for in ear headphones to listen to music on daily commute to and from school. I listen to mostly 90s pop and pop right now, as well as some rap. So, I really was interested in the Yamaha eph 100. But then, I read about some defects of people's posts I'm 2012 about the right earphone losing sound. I was just wondering if people are still getting this problem in 2014 or did Yamaha fix it. This information would be much appreciated as I may be looking to purchase in a week or so.

Thanks, Kevin

Mine apparently does't have the right side cut off problem. I walk from train station to my home while I'm using this Yamaha. Mind you, my country weather is hot (37+c), high humidity. The walk last 20 min though. So far still going strong. =)

post #3962 of 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark12 View Post
 

Have own it for month already thx XD 

Mine apparently does't have the right side cut off problem. I walk from train station to my home while I'm using this Yamaha. Mind you, my country weather is hot (37+c), high humidity. The walk last 20 min though. So far still going strong. =)

 

thanks for the reply whaleshark! how are you liking it so far? I can probably get it for $120 inc shipping so would you recommend it for this price?

 

The right side sound loss is almost the only thing holding me back in buying the earphones.

 

Cheers, 

Kevin

post #3963 of 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz1 View Post
 

 

thanks for the reply whaleshark! how are you liking it so far? I can probably get it for $120 inc shipping so would you recommend it for this price?

 

The right side sound loss is almost the only thing holding me back in buying the earphones.

 

Cheers, 

Kevin

Get it,you cant go wrong =D But it do have something that i hate it a lot on this IEM which was the cable and the micro phonic when worn straight down(pretty much gone after you wear it over ear or cable on the back.)..It get curly rather easily as i always curl it up and keep inside the case they provided. Still bearable haha..

post #3964 of 4531

hello, i have owned the eph 100's for over a year and they get quite a bit of playtime and i have never had any issue with any right side sound loss or any other issue for that matter. build quality is actually quite good for a hundred dollar iem. 

post #3965 of 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark12 View Post
 

Get it,you cant go wrong =D But it do have something that i hate it a lot on this IEM which was the cable and the micro phonic when worn straight down(pretty much gone after you wear it over ear or cable on the back.)..It get curly rather easily as i always curl it up and keep inside the case they provided. Still bearable haha..

Yeah the memory effect makes me mad sometimes. Still, they're otherwise a brilliant IEM.

post #3966 of 4531

Can anyone comment on the quantity of bass? Is it powerful enough that it brings a smile in songs like "Wiggle" by Jason Derulo? How does it stack up to GR07 BE's? Thanks!

post #3967 of 4531
The bass isn't quite as strong and impactful as on the gr07be but still has that dynamic punch to it.
post #3968 of 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioconsumer View Post

The bass isn't quite as strong and impactful as on the gr07be but still has that dynamic punch to it.

It's not as strong as the GR07 BE's? Then they probably aren't for me as I find the BE's (a friend has them) lacking in bass honestly. Thanks.

post #3969 of 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor5cl View Post
 

Yeah the memory effect makes me mad sometimes. Still, they're otherwise a brilliant IEM.

^+1 Btw how did you deal with the memory effect?

post #3970 of 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark12 View Post

Alright then =D Thx man. I thought of this when im using my laptop and phone,the sound sounds very much different . From the laptop, vocal is very loud and bright,but the bass is distorted. While on my phone (Seems its using qualcomm DAC),bass was nice but the vocal were pretty dull. So im just wondering does the sound card (DAC) does play a role in this situation.
post #3971 of 4531
Definetely, but depending on your budget there are countless solutions. The best is the Beyerdynamic a200d, this is an extreme small amp which you can use on any device, no matter if laptop, Android or Ios. Your EPH-100 will rock and sounds right in every register.
post #3972 of 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragileOne View Post

Can anyone comment on the quantity of bass? Is it powerful enough that it brings a smile in songs like "Wiggle" by Jason Derulo? How does it stack up to GR07 BE's? Thanks!
post #3973 of 4531
I use them with bass intensive prog-avant rock like Chrome Hoof, Primus,Present, early Yes and believe me the bass is there when you need it.
post #3974 of 4531
Has anyone compared these to the yamaha EPH-c500?
post #3975 of 4531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaleshark12 View Post

Btw how did you deal with the memory effect?

I usually pull the cable cinch up fairly tight so its not too coiled, and then I tuck most of the unused cable from the jack to the y split into my jacket pocket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: