New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 257

post #3841 of 3847

If yours are genuine, than it looks like there its very difficult to detect a fake from  real ones. The changes could be caused by a change in production process?

Mine are only 3 months old and sound great, very detailed, sometimes bit bright but nothing to worry about.

Fake or not, only the sound quality can determine that.

 

I checked mine with a magnifying glass and on mine L and R are engraved, just like the Yamaha logo at the back.

 

 

 

I won't worry about the grooves, also have them but I can not see them with the naked eye.

post #3842 of 3847

Hmmm now that plants a thought of doubt into my mind. Although on mine I can see the grooves quite clearly and the markings are also painted. That would be fine if there was no buzzing but I think it's safer to just return them and got my refund :P

post #3843 of 3847

OKAY GUYS, I'M GOING FULL DETECTIVE MODE ON THIS S**T.

 

Here are 3 photographs of my pair: 

 

 

First to note, OBVIOUSLY the Yamaha logo's are decals. They are not engraved.

 

SECOND THING I NOTICE, 

 

emklap posted photographs of his EPH-100. Here are his....

 

 

And my pair....

 

 

So I'm going to ASSUME here........ The more grooves = authentic and in addition, the logo's would be engraved, and NOT painted on....... 

post #3844 of 3847
Quote:
Originally Posted by 118R3volution View Post

OKAY GUYS, I'M GOING FULL DETECTIVE MODE ON THIS S**T.

Here are 3 photographs of my pair: 








First to note, OBVIOUSLY the Yamaha logo's are decals. They are not engraved.

SECOND THING I NOTICE, 

emklap posted photographs of his EPH-100. Here are his....




And my pair....




So I'm going to ASSUME here........ The more grooves = authentic and in addition, the logo's would be engraved, and NOT painted on....... 

There should be no variance in the thickness of each ring from one pair to the next. That concerns me most.
post #3845 of 3847
Mine came new in the packaging from Amazon direct. I don't see grooves but I don't have a camera that can macro. The logos on mine appear engraved and have a line engraving filled in black.
post #3846 of 3847
Quote:
Originally Posted by phara0hseye View Post


There should be no variance in the thickness of each ring from one pair to the next. That concerns me most.

How many rings can you find on your pair phara0hseye? And does your pair have a groove/painted logo? Or just a painted/sticker/decal? 

 

nvm, you beat me too it!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phara0hseye View Post

Mine came new in the packaging from Amazon direct. I don't see grooves but I don't have a camera that can macro. The logos on mine appear engraved and have a line engraving filled in black.
 

Edited by 118R3volution - Yesterday at 5:13 pm
post #3847 of 3847

Well in addition to contacting eBay I also contacted Yamaha and they say "it sounds like they are displaying all the characteristics of a counterfeit product". and I definitely think the fineness of the grooves are they biggest giveaway. When compared to the original ones they become more obvious. The fakes are on the left and the real ones are on the right.
https://imgur.com/24bewyY

With the fakes you can see the grooves very clearly. Running your nails over the grooves you can feel definitive bumps. On the real ones however even though the are grooves they are very faint almost non-existent. You can however still feel it is not perfectly smooth if you run your nails over it but its pretty darn close.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: