New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 252

post #3766 of 4066

I listen to rap, rock, J-rock, pop, and some songs with female vocals. I saw the Yamaha for $97.87 on ebay, ( I can get it for about 92.87) and the JVC HA-FXD80-Z  for as low as $66.00, (both already include the shipping price). If you were to do a blind sound test with both side to side, are the Yamaha's noticeably better sounding? For me there is $26.00 difference between the two,  would you say the Yamaha's justify the price difference then? 

post #3767 of 4066

The meElectronic M9's were my first replacement in ears, and I thought they sounded good, until I got the Vsonic VC02, which were quite a bit better in detail, however the sound didn't really give me that wow factor, I was just curious whether the eph-100's that I can get for 92.87 on ebay, were worth the difference in price compared to the JVC HA-FXD80-Z. Would really appreciate input from any that have had experiences with any  of these iems, sorry for the spamming, (unfortunately I wasn't able to remove my previous post. 

post #3768 of 4066
Altrough i like both brands, my money goes to the Yamaha,certainly for the mentioned genres, as they are great allrounders.
post #3769 of 4066

Anyone using these with a Fiio E12 and Ipod video??

 

Have the Ipod, EPH 100's and thinking about the Fiio amp as I want to Imod my Ipod.

post #3770 of 4066

Anyone knows if there are fakes EPH-100? they are $30-$50 on Aliexpress.

post #3771 of 4066
Quote:
Originally Posted by knives View Post
 

Anyone knows if there are fakes EPH-100? they are $30-$50 on Aliexpress.

 

Yes there are lots of fake EPH100

post #3772 of 4066

My Yamahas served me 7 months, I was really enjoying them, unfortunately left ear isn't working anymore. Driver flex was an issue since day 1, and I believe this was the major cause. Changing ear tips to smaller ones may prolong the life, though.

Don't try to disassemble, hint.

post #3773 of 4066

Strange,mine are almost 2 year old and I never had any issue with them, altrough I use(d) them quiet regulairly, certainly when using Metro and or Train, because they reduce the extern noises the best as far as normal earphones go.

post #3774 of 4066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometeia View Post
 

 

Yes there are lots of fake EPH100

 

Is there any way to affirmatively identify if they are fake? I read pages 236-239 of the thread (and probably 100 other pages) and it seems VERY difficult to identify if they are. 

 

I'm new here to Head-Fi and recently upgraded from my Image Klipsch S4i to the EPH-100. They just came in this afternoon, and to be honest i'm pretty underwhelmed. I know they haven't been "burned in" however sub and low bass response seem very poor. The mids seem powerful and treble is crisp and clear, however I don't have too much to compare them too. 

 

They are being played from my iPhone 5s (mostly MP3 @ 320 if it makes a difference). 

 

I will post photo's when Moderator allows me to post. 

post #3775 of 4066

One case was that a head-fier had the "apparently fake" EPH-100's has its tips extremely flimsy that the earphones won't fit to his ears. The real ones have very firm silicone tips.

post #3776 of 4066
Quote:
Originally Posted by 118R3volution View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometeia View Post
 

 

Yes there are lots of fake EPH100

 

Is there any way to affirmatively identify if they are fake? I read pages 236-239 of the thread (and probably 100 other pages) and it seems VERY difficult to identify if they are. 

 

I'm new here to Head-Fi and recently upgraded from my Image Klipsch S4i to the EPH-100. They just came in this afternoon, and to be honest i'm pretty underwhelmed. I know they haven't been "burned in" however sub and low bass response seem very poor. The mids seem powerful and treble is crisp and clear, however I don't have too much to compare them too. 

 

They are being played from my iPhone 5s (mostly MP3 @ 320 if it makes a difference). 

 

I will post photo's when Moderator allows me to post. 


Who did you buy your pair from?

post #3777 of 4066
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
 

Yes it was a compliment. :)

 

I will be away when mine arrive. So will have to wait extra week before I can try them.


How did things go with your pair, nekromantic?

post #3778 of 4066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post


Who did you buy your pair from?

takky2004 is a seller on eBay that sells audio specific items, Yamaha, JVC, audio technica etc. He has sold 280+ items with 100% positive feedback. I figured it would be a good alternative considering for some reason they are an absurd $260 on amazon.ca. Hopefully I can post pictures soon....
post #3779 of 4066
Quote:
Originally Posted by 118R3volution View Post

takky2004 is a seller on eBay that sells audio specific items, Yamaha, JVC, audio technica etc. He has sold 280+ items with 100% positive feedback. I figured it would be a good alternative considering for some reason they are an absurd $260 on amazon.ca. Hopefully I can post pictures soon....

Having owned the Klipsch I can tell you that they cannot compare to the EPH-100s even straight out of the box. The Yamaha's are far superior in every way, least of which is not having that congested sound and mid-bass hump that are the Klipsch's signature.
post #3780 of 4066
Quote:
Originally Posted by 118R3volution View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post


Who did you buy your pair from?

takky2004 is a seller on eBay that sells audio specific items, Yamaha, JVC, audio technica etc. He has sold 280+ items with 100% positive feedback. I figured it would be a good alternative considering for some reason they are an absurd $260 on amazon.ca. Hopefully I can post pictures soon....


Without having an accusing tone, ask the seller why he/she is selling them without the retail package and what evidence she/he has that these are not fake.  An easy way to find out if these are fake is to post them to another Head-Fier who has the same model, for comparisons.  But, let's get more information before doing that.  We will be looking forward to see the pictures of what you got.

 

Also, the sound that you are describing is typical of an improper seal.  What size tips are you using?


Edited by Alberto01 - 4/15/14 at 7:47pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: