New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 251

post #3751 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by phara0hseye View Post
 

I just picked up four (4) pairs of Auvio (RadioShack) silicone replacement tips for my Yamaha EPH-100s.  They are perfect for this IEM.  I don't have to set and reset them in my ears.  They feel a lot like the Klipsh ovals.  Very simple insertion. Perfect seal.  This benefits me because, despite having large ear opening, my right side is ever so slightly larger than the left.  So with the stock Yamaha flanges, my left ear seats easily and I have to play around with the right to get proper and equal seal.  No more.  The Auvio tips are well made and worth the $10 I paid for four pairs.

 

Great recommendation for these. And getting them on was a breeze.  Quite impressed.  Going to buy up a few more sets and order a backup pair of EPH-100s.

 

Thanks for the cheap tweak; RatShack it is!

[thought i'd never walk in too one again yrs ago]

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post
 

 

If you enjoy the sound on first listen, don't do anything for break in or equivalent.  Just enjoy every second with them.

&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post
 

Not really, just 'leave em on' at your normal listening volume. I don't believe loud volumes will do a better job (but not necessarily a worse either). Also, if you find the EPH-100 a bit too dark, do try a bit of EQ treble boost; it works great with this phone and really changed my perception of it. Overall, it is a pretty great phone; all the more so considering its price. Good luck!

Didn't really enjoy em on 1st listen; butt playED around w/the fit a bit & it helpED. After just a few hrs, today the sound is a little less crisp/thin. Although it may be the fit is the BIGGEST overall improvement.

Yeah, value/quality is really there [new in box - $100US - deliverED in two days]. 

BIG thanks too all!

[comfort and iso on these metal puppies is good & since i picked em up for travel BIG +]

post #3752 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by phara0hseye View Post
 

I just picked up four (4) pairs of Auvio (RadioShack) silicone replacement tips for my Yamaha EPH-100s.  They are perfect for this IEM.  I don't have to set and reset them in my ears.  They feel a lot like the Klipsh ovals.  Very simple insertion. Perfect seal.  This benefits me because, despite having large ear opening, my right side is ever so slightly larger than the left.  So with the stock Yamaha flanges, my left ear seats easily and I have to play around with the right to get proper and equal seal.  No more.  The Auvio tips are well made and worth the $10 I paid for four pairs.

 

Great recommendation for these. And getting them on was a breeze.  Quite impressed.  Going to buy up a few more sets and order a backup pair of EPH-100s.


The mediums [stock #3300784] doesn't fit over the Yama's spk tube.

Are you using the LG? 

 

--------------------------

 

HeadsUp:

Found these on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161193872927


Edited by Head-Head - 3/14/14 at 1:23pm
post #3753 of 4119

Hi everyone, new poster here. Heard that these IEMs are really nice for its price so I'm thinking about buying a pair.

 

I have found on eBay that someone is selling these for [url=http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271423766225?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649] $96 USD[/url] with free international shipping. Seeing that the price here in Canada/US are $150, this seems awfully cheap and fishy.

 

The seller does have a pretty high rating, but I'm still not sure if it's entirely safe to buy from them. Does anyone else have experience with eBay and can give me some suggestions? I would really appreciate it, thanks.


Edited by Frank2368 - 3/17/14 at 8:59am
post #3754 of 4119

If you get the IEM in a plastic bag instead of legitimate container, then you should either doubt the seller or return the product straight...I'd just go buying from the Amazon. I bought mine under name seller "amazon" itself in 2012 and my Yamaha is still alive and strong.

post #3755 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank2368 View Post
 

Hi everyone, new poster here. Heard that these IEMs are really nice for its price so I'm thinking about buying a pair.

 

I have found on eBay that someone is selling these for [url=http://www.ebay.ca/itm/271423766225?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649]$96 USD[/url] with free international shipping. Seeing that the price here in Canada/US are $150, this seems awfully cheap and fishy.

 

The seller does have a pretty high rating, but I'm still not sure if it's entirely safe to buy from them. Does anyone else have experience with eBay and can give me some suggestions? I would really appreciate it, thanks.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandasaputra View Post
 

If you get the IEM in a plastic bag instead of legitimate container, then you should either doubt the seller or return the product straight...I'd just go buying from the Amazon. I bought mine under name seller "amazon" itself in 2012 and my Yamaha is still alive and strong.

 

Ask the seller why he/she is he selling the product without the original package and show your concerns about the item not being genuine.  A good seller understands those concerns and is quick to open up and tell things the way they are.  If the seller's response is not revealing enough to earn your trust, don't buy the item from him/her.  This guideline has gotten me great deals and has kept me from getting into transactions that later proved to be of a fraudulent nature.

 

Also, if someone is manufacturing fake items, the first thing that they will try to fake, is the package.


Edited by Alberto01 - 3/17/14 at 10:52am
post #3756 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post
 

 

 

 

Ask the seller why he/she is he selling the product without the original package and show your concerns about the item not being genuine.  A good seller understands those concerns and is quick to open up and tell things the way they are.  If the seller's response is not revealing enough to earn your trust, don't buy the item from him/her.

 

Also, if someone is manufacturing fake items, the first thing that they will try to fake is the package.

 

Is the packaging shown in the eBay link I posted illegitimate? It does say in the title that it is new in the retail box.

post #3757 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank2368 View Post
 

 

Is the packaging shown in the eBay link I posted illegitimate? It does say in the title that it is new in the retail box.


The UK & China sellers lOOk too have legit packaging.

However, i'd check more in too it than a pic of the box!

 

Got mine from "onestopshop2014" new-in-box & too the best of my knowledge its "legit".

Good Luck!

post #3758 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head-Head View Post


The mediums [stock #3300784] doesn't fit over the Yama's spk tube.
Are you using the LG? 


HeadsUp:
Found these on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161193872927

Yes. Mediums fit too.
post #3759 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by phara0hseye View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head-Head View Post


The mediums [stock #3300784] doesn't fit over the Yama's spk tube.
Are you using the LG? 

HeadsUp:
Found these on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161193872927

Yes. Mediums fit too.

 

Read this post before you order foam tips from lostearbuds:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/577712/yamaha-eph-100/3705#post_10339762

post #3760 of 4119

Just got the replacement noise cancellation memory foam tips from an eBay seller & interesting enough...

they are diff [got a pk of the LG]. Bass & even detail seem better & the soundfield changes as well for me.

Fit is OK, prefer the OEM tips, bass is solid & fine details a bit more apparent; just the soundfield although 'wider' doesn't appear too be as isolatED too me.

Will keep em, just will go for the more 'openness' [IMO] of the originals. Just a few bucks too try tho so i'm more than willing too try a few more B4 taking off.

 

BIG thanks.

post #3761 of 4119
Just got mine. Anyone got any eq tips or do they not need it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
post #3762 of 4119
This works very well.
post #3763 of 4119
Thanks will try to replicate that on my cowon j3. Wish someone had that player and these headphones.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
post #3764 of 4119
Sorry I'm an Android guy.
post #3765 of 4119
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor5cl View Post

Sorry I'm an Android guy.
Its cool thanks for the help.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: