New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 246

post #3676 of 4123
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor5cl View Post

Could you not EQ the bass up a bit on your RE400?

I prefer not to fiddle with EQ, but because of your post I felt inspired to EQ the treble up a bit on my EPH-100 and was pretty amazed by the result. It responded a lot better than expected. The rather dark characteristic of the signature is pretty much gone, and it didn't just improve the treble but the experience of the overall signature. :etysmile:

 

Thanks!

post #3677 of 4123
Quote:
Originally Posted by phara0hseye View Post
 

8a4fe51d_auvio2.jpeg

Thanks, looks like I got the link right! :rolleyes:

post #3678 of 4123
You're most welcome. You did get it right.
post #3679 of 4123
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfly View Post

Yup, they're quite dark. I tested these against the RE-400 and I preferred the mids and highs of the RE-400 to the EPH-100. However, the RE-400 was too lacking in terms of bass quantity. My ideal IEM would have the clarity of the RE-400, i.e. the way they present the mids and highs, with a bit more bass weight.

Don't get me wrong, I like how the EPH-100 sounds and I got them to contrast the sound with my Sony 7520 which is highly detailed and analytical and a bit brighter, whereas the EPH-100 is fairly smooth and dark.

But if you don't like a dark sound, the EPH-100 will not be for you.

I definitely know what you mean. I think you should try them with a bit of EQ (see my post a few pages back for an example) as it can really open them up. They are still not the most versatile in my view, but with the right EQ they really sparkle with instruments come alive.
post #3680 of 4123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post

I prefer not to fiddle with EQ, but because of your post I felt inspired to EQ the treble up a bit on my EPH-100 and was pretty amazed by the result. It responded a lot better than expected. The rather dark characteristic of the signature is pretty much gone, and it didn't just improve the treble but the experience of the overall signature. etysmile.gif

Thanks!

No problem. For me I find the Trebles a bit sparkly on my 100, but I'll EQ it up and see what happens. It might just be emphasised in a certain frequency that appears a lot in my music, but I might have a look.
post #3681 of 4123
Quote:

My eph100 sound nice now, I hope the problem won't reappear soon.

So it might the secret of the eph100 dysfunctions : the wax can go deep inside.

Glad to hear that I wasn't crazy and started imagining things. They do sound better.

The problem hasn't come back yet. Good news but we'll have to wait and see.
Edited by davidgotsa - 2/13/14 at 6:47am
post #3682 of 4123
I want to buy these but the reasons I'm wary about the eph-m100 is because they don't look/seem that durable. I want them to last a good 3-4 years. They also cost around $200 in Canada, unless I buy from accessory jack or ebay sellers which aren't authorized. I'm not sure if they are worth it at that price point. Especially when the SE-215 costs only $99 and seems much more durable.

Any thoughts on durability, price, and comparison with the se215?
post #3683 of 4123
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post

Any thoughts on durability, price, and comparison with the se215?

I can't compare with the SE215, but I can advise you on the other two. TBH, Accessory Jack is quite legit. I personally haven't ordered anything from them, but search on Head-Fi and you'll find many people who have and are happy with their service.If you can order from the UK, Audio Affair has them for £99, about $150. Durability is a tricky one. What I would say is, if you'd like to buy one, don't be afraid to do so. I doubt any pairs they make now are breaking, and if they do you'll be under warranty and be able to return them.

post #3684 of 4123
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor5cl View Post

I can't compare with the SE215, but I can advise you on the other two. TBH, Accessory Jack is quite legit. I personally haven't ordered anything from them, but search on Head-Fi and you'll find many people who have and are happy with their service.If you can order from the UK, Audio Affair has them for £99, about $150. Durability is a tricky one. What I would say is, if you'd like to buy one, don't be afraid to do so. I doubt any pairs they make now are breaking, and if they do you'll be under warranty and be able to return them.

Thanks. So the earlier models had build issues. Accessory jack is legit from my research but they're unauthorized so I need to pay to ship the phone a back to Japan in case of warranty.

How long do you think they last on average? With the shures I can replace the cable if it goes bad - which is usually the issue with IEMs.
post #3685 of 4123

I don't think it was necessarily the older models that had issues, it's kinda all over the place really. The cables on the 100s don't really go bad unless you really hammer them, unlike the 215s which I heard there was an infamous problem with the connector on the IEM itself breaking, but I'm not an expert. On average, they'll either last a long time(past a year and a half) or break within 6-8 months. I do think that the reliability issues are exaggerated slightly. If you order from the UK you can send them back here rather than Japan, as AA is authorized.

post #3686 of 4123
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post

I want to buy these but the reasons I'm wary about the eph-m100 is because they don't look/seem that durable. I want them to last a good 3-4 years. They also cost around $200 in Canada, unless I buy from accessory jack or ebay sellers which aren't authorized. I'm not sure if they are worth it at that price point. Especially when the SE-215 costs only $99 and seems much more durable.

Any thoughts on durability, price, and comparison with the se215?


Mine are 1,5 year, use them al tleast 4 days in the week and they are still perfect.

post #3687 of 4123

Audio Affair in the UK sell them at 99 Pounds as Razor did mention, they give exellent Service and there is guarantee, when you would face any Problems. I did buy them there toom because in the summer of 2012 they were not to have in Germany.

post #3688 of 4123

Mine are now less than a week old, still going strong!

post #3689 of 4123

Adding a bit of EQ treble boost to my EPH-100 has completely changed my perception of it. I have several TOTL IEMs to choose from (AKG K3003, FitEar ToGo 333, Etymotic ER-4S, etc.) but I’ve noticed that after this change I keep sticking them into my ears more and more often. What a great sounding IEM this is! Punchy controlled bass, detailed, spacious, excellent instrument separation, sparkly treble without any harshness (with the added treble boost). Overall just a great listening experience. Incredible sound for the price, definitely a no brainer, although to these ears adding bit of treble boost is an absolute must for this IEM to wake up!

post #3690 of 4123
What settings do you use?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: