New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 245

post #3661 of 4063
Could you not EQ the bass up a bit on your RE400?
post #3662 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor5cl View Post

Could you not EQ the bass up a bit on your RE400?

Sure, you could, but I prefer to not have to use any EQ at all. And again, I like the contrast with my full-size headphone. Variation is always good.

post #3663 of 4063

Not sure if this has been discussed a lot already but I've been experiencing the same problem as many others; one side going quieter. After leaving that one side out of my ear for 10-20 minutes, problem gone. 

 

Yesterday I decided to dig inside and once the tips are off there some kind of metal caging that I took out that was full of wax blocking the tiny holes. Inside that caging is a black screen which was also completely filled with wax. I keep my ears pretty clean so I can imagine that it's way worse for some other people don't. 

 

Once all the wax was out of the caging and screen, it felt like a brand new pair. I don't think I'm completely crazy. They sound a lot different, which is expected when stuff has been blocking the passage and building up for a year. Highs are way more prominent.

 

Usually, one side would go quiet almost every day so if the problem doesn't come back within a week or two, I'll consider it a win. 

 

Try it and see for yourself. It takes 2 minutes to do each side and it's hart to do any damage. 

post #3664 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post

To be sure, are these the tips you're referring to? http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18352026

Would you say that you prefer them over the stock tips, and if so why?

Thanks!

No. I like both types. I use the stock ones mostly.
post #3665 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgotsa View Post

Not sure if this has been discussed a lot already but I've been experiencing the same problem as many others; one side going quieter. After leaving that one side out of my ear for 10-20 minutes, problem gone. 

Yesterday I decided to dig inside and once the tips are off there some kind of metal caging that I took out that was full of wax blocking the tiny holes. Inside that caging is a black screen which was also completely filled with wax. I keep my ears pretty clean so I can imagine that it's way worse for some other people don't. 

Once all the wax was out of the caging and screen, it felt like a brand new pair. I don't think I'm completely crazy. They sound a lot different, which is expected when stuff has been blocking the passage and building up for a year. Highs are way more prominent.

Usually, one side would go quiet almost every day so if the problem doesn't come back within a week or two, I'll consider it a win. 

Try it and see for yourself. It takes 2 minutes to do each side and it's hart to do any damage. 

Sounds promosing , as my pair gets enough wax on the inside of the tips and the grilles. Do you have any pictures?
post #3666 of 4063

Sorry, no before/after pictures. 

 

I've had them in for a few hours now and still no problem. I'm hoping for this good run to continue. 

post #3667 of 4063
So you removed the grille in front of the driver, correct? And then some sheet behind that?
post #3668 of 4063

8a4fe51d_auvio2.jpeg

post #3669 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor5cl View Post

So you removed the grille in front of the driver, correct? And then some sheet behind that?

Yea. There should also be a small piece of plastic poorly glued to the black screening.

post #3670 of 4063
Did it all pop back in or did you have to use glue?
post #3671 of 4063
Hi Ghisy--

Yes, those tips are for iems with a 5.5 mm nozzle, so they can stretch a bit to fit the esp100's nozzle. This is probably why I found them to be a bit small. Since it will be a tight fit, they won't slip off the nozzle.

I was poking around, and I believe they're the ones I got to fit the Yamahas, but when stretched, they became too small for my ears.

As far as I can see, these 5.5 mm tips are your best bet. Hope you find some that will fit you.
post #3672 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgotsa View Post
 

Yesterday I decided to dig inside and once the tips are off there some kind of metal caging that I took out that was full of wax blocking the tiny holes. Inside that caging is a black screen which was also completely filled with wax. I keep my ears pretty clean so I can imagine that it's way worse for some other people don't.

Thanks, for sharing this experience, I was a bit afraid to do this before.

 

I used a pin to remove the metal caging & "black screen" (which I think is of metal too).

I also used the pin to remove the wax ( although not completely, still a bit dirty).

The operation is a bit risky, it's easy to deform the metal mesh, or to "contaminate" the driver with dust/wax.

 

Here the metal mesh removed . I scratched a bit the wax with the pin before I took the pic:

 

 

Now the "black screen" is removed:

 

 

And behind the black screen , I think it's most important part : the wax is almost completely obstructing the hole

in front one of the drivers (which might explain the problem).

I tried to not pierce the driver , or make the wax fall while removing the wax ( fortunately, it worked properly after I reassembled my eph100).

 

 

 

I got some difficulties to put back the grill in one of the side ( a bit deformed I guess).

 

My eph100 sound nice now, I hope the problem won't reappear soon.

 

So it might the secret of the eph100 dysfunctions : the wax can go deep inside.


Edited by extrabigmehdi - 2/11/14 at 1:05pm
post #3673 of 4063
Thanks extrabigmehdi, I might try that if(when) my pair start cutting out.
post #3674 of 4063

Thanks for the pics and guide extrabigmehdi. I guess that if you don't insert these IEMs too deep in your ear canal, they're less likely to get contaminated with earwax. Still though, this seems like a design flaw to me. But at least it's relatively easy to fix.

post #3675 of 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by phara0hseye View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero Dynamik View Post

To be sure, are these the tips you're referring to? http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18352026

Would you say that you prefer them over the stock tips, and if so why?

Thanks!

No. I like both types. I use the stock ones mostly.

I suppose that's answer to my second question only, right? Nothing wrong with the link, no? ;)

 

Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: