New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 232

post #3466 of 3807

Yeah that color is pretty cool. Kinda want mine to die/get lost/broken so I can have an excuse to buy those :P

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan View Post
 

 

I think I might like them... but I'd go for the limited edition ones for that extra bass and nice housing color.

post #3467 of 3807

The SE215LTD is indeed cool.

 

I may try to get my hands on an EPH-100 because I'm doing a big roundup of good single dynamic driver models :3

 

Does anyone know a good source in Australia?

post #3468 of 3807
E
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

The SE215LTD is indeed cool.

I may try to get my hands on an EPH-100 because I'm doing a big roundup of good single dynamic driver models :3

Does anyone know a good source in Australia?
Exeltek website has EPH100 for 109 AUD
post #3469 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHeadMara View Post

Exeltek website has EPH100 for 109 AUD

 

I don't like buying from any site that doesn't take Paypal...

 

But it's okay, I found a source! :3

post #3470 of 3807
The se215 are cool but the eph look better.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
post #3471 of 3807

Are these are good set for listening to movies (on air-planes) ? Specifically I'm looking for something with low resistance and very good clarity (i have trouble understanding words if there is very much distorition). I currently have a151 and 161p; and found the 161p noticeably better than the 151 (they are actually quite decent but i need a second pair now and thought I would try something a bit different).

 

Due to most of my usage being on an airplane high isolation is very desirable and microphonics a bit less of an issue. From Joker's thread it seems like the hf-5 and EPH-100 (or perhaps r-50) are the best options (r-50 isolation is not quite as good). All three pairs are between $95 and $150 and seem somewhat similar with perhaps the eph-100 have larger sound stage but I'm not too sure on clarity issue hence this post...

 

Anyways I thnk you in advance for insight or advice that you might recommend (as a follow up I would not buy a second pair of 151 having heard the 161).

post #3472 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

 

I gotta disagree with you there.

 

Vocals are great with these, just give em 30 hours run in and they will sound great. Mine after 200 hours still sound great.

 

The amazing thing with these is the bass doesn't interfere with the mids and treble. The passion/rawness in voices is all there for me.

 

A previous post mentioned something about left to right panning and soundstage and again I gotta disagree. They pan all over my dome! Soundstage is great and it can feel like a concert or nightclub depending on the song. The source might play a role in the panning also. My 6th gen Nano is awesome with these Yams!

post #3473 of 3807
I just bought these yesterday and I have a question.. Is it bad that they magnetize each other? I've never had IEMs that did this before.
post #3474 of 3807
Basically because the driver itself is in the nozzle and the drivers contain magnets so yes that's normal.
post #3475 of 3807

I notice that they have really flimsy feeling wires especially around the metal housing itself. Is it hard to break or should I baby these?

post #3476 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangen4life4 View Post
 

I notice that they have really flimsy feeling wires especially around the metal housing itself. Is it hard to break or should I baby these?


Baby.

post #3477 of 3807

Any comments on comparing these to hf5 for listening to movies? pretty please.

post #3478 of 3807
I wouldn't necessarily baby them, just treat them well and don't throw them around too much.
post #3479 of 3807
Quote:
Originally Posted by you2 View Post
 

Are these are good set for listening to movies (on air-planes) ? Specifically I'm looking for something with low resistance and very good clarity (i have trouble understanding words if there is very much distorition). I currently have a151 and 161p; and found the 161p noticeably better than the 151 (they are actually quite decent but i need a second pair now and thought I would try something a bit different).

 

Due to most of my usage being on an airplane high isolation is very desirable and microphonics a bit less of an issue. From Joker's thread it seems like the hf-5 and EPH-100 (or perhaps r-50) are the best options (r-50 isolation is not quite as good). All three pairs are between $95 and $150 and seem somewhat similar with perhaps the eph-100 have larger sound stage but I'm not too sure on clarity issue hence this post...

 

Anyways I thnk you in advance for insight or advice that you might recommend (as a follow up I would not buy a second pair of 151 having heard the 161).

 

EPH is occasionally a bit to bright for me. I also have SE215. They are occasionally to dark for me ;). I listen to jazz, classical and some funk/rock music.

They are both good IEMs. With darker produced records EPH sounds great. Records with a bit to much bright edge (lets say on cymbals) work best with -3 db EQ at 8k.

SE215 are always polite and easy to listen to ... whatever the source. EPH are better for movies though ... better voice clarity. Actually they have more clarity/definition overall. A bit less bass than 215 ... but with less bloat (better definition and speed).

But as always ... it really depends on you ears. Literally. For me ... EPH 100 with a bit less high end sizzle would be perfect. But they respond to EQ very well.

post #3480 of 3807

Torta thanks for the feedback.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: