- 792 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200 Last post on 6/23/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 229post #3421 of 45408/29/13 at 11:27amI finally got them back, and I'd forgotten how good they sound!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3422 of 45408/30/13 at 1:07pmpost #3423 of 45408/30/13 at 2:36pmpost #3424 of 45408/30/13 at 3:03pmpost #3425 of 45408/31/13 at 3:13ampost #3426 of 45408/31/13 at 3:27amQuote:
I have 2 of this IEM.
The old one is about 2 years old. It sounds mellifluously smooth. The new one is only 2 months old. I can discern the difference in the treble region. But despite their differences, the Yamahas sound great with instrumental jazz, vocal jazz, rock, alternative rock and even edm/house/trance music. Their lack of left-right panning or width in musical presentation render them a little soundstage deficient in presenting classical and other chamber music.
Considering its price point and that it only has one single dynamic driver, what the EPH100 is able to pull off is incredible. That said, you may want to allow a longer burn in time to get to that smooth and grain-free sonic character.post #3427 of 45408/31/13 at 3:31amQuote:
For daily commute, I fear the thin non-removable cables may not be hardy enough for the pulls and tugs inside public transpo.post #3428 of 45408/31/13 at 4:06ampost #3429 of 45408/31/13 at 4:59ampost #3430 of 45408/31/13 at 10:13ampost #3431 of 45408/31/13 at 10:45ampost #3432 of 45408/31/13 at 3:18pmpost #3433 of 45409/1/13 at 7:45ampost #3434 of 45409/1/13 at 8:43amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › HD 600 or 650? 2 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon 2 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear