- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200 Last post on 6/23/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Introduction/Disclaimer: I would like to thank Denise with Mixcder for the opportunity to review the X5 in ear monitor headphones. They provided me a free sample in exchange for my honest...
First thing you think of when you see this is, can this really project sound in 360 degrees, When you look at it, you wouldn't think it could. But yes it does, Sound is projected from...
Acknowledgment Thank you Lear for providing this review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. This review may also be viewed on my blog, here. List Price: $65 at time of review plus...
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 226post #3376 of 45577/31/13 at 6:37amJust bought a pair for on the go....awesome!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3377 of 45578/6/13 at 2:32pm
I've been nursing a pair of Westone 2 for a while now. At the end, it was like the bass was sucked out of those phones. I've been reading reviews and wavering back and forth on what I would buy to replace my Westone's. The multi-IEM review by ljokerl was very helpful in down selecting the IEM's I would focus on.
After trying a number of IEM's on my short list and not hearing the sound I was after, I took the plunge and bought a pair of Yamaha EPH-100SL without an audition. On my return from a business trip, my new phones were waiting for me. I did a brief audition and set them on burn in.
My first impression (brand new) was the sound was muddy and overly thick. Did I make a mistake straying from BA headphones? 48 hours of burn in later, and preparing for my next trip, I gave them another try. Wow, they went from muddy and thick to well defined and the full measure bass was fast and articulate. Mids were a delight, anchored but not overwhelmed by the bass. Highs, while slightly rolled off were a pleasure to listen to. And all of that was plugged directly into my iPad. The best was yet to come. I gave them a try with my Pico amp with the iPad as the source and it took it to the next level. With the Pico, the EPH-100SL was nearly as good as my non-portable, dedicated headphone system.
I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to replace my Westone's, but at least I can be soothed with a now great portable system.post #3378 of 45578/6/13 at 3:39pm
Just threw mine out. These things were F'in garbage. Right ear kept cutting out, moisture/no moisture, I'd have to bang the crap out of it to get the driver to kick back in.... eventually crapped out completely. Couldn't send them in for warranty because it was all banged up from me trying to get the stupid thing to work again. BIG waste of money.
Worst part is I'm broke and can't replace them.. so now I have to listen to the awful music they play in my gym.
Edited by kloan - 8/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #3379 of 45578/6/13 at 4:04pmQuote:
Well, it seems you have many other iems according to your signature, it's not as if you got no choice.post #3380 of 45578/6/13 at 4:06pmQuote:
Actually I haven't updated my sig in quite a while... I only have the UM3X now. No way I'm gonna use those while working out! :)post #3381 of 45578/6/13 at 4:11pm
So you expect the eph100 to resist better from bad treatments than your UM3X ?
No way I'd use my eph-100 for work out, same .
And by the way , there are other cheap headphone solution designed for this.
I have the senn pmx680 and a ksc75.post #3382 of 45578/6/13 at 4:58pmQuote:
I am looking for an alternative now that will hold up better to that kind of environment.
Honestly, I didn't expect it to be a problem using the Yamahas while working out. I've used other in-ears without any problems in the past. The Westones on the other hand cost me 3x the price, so yeah I certainly wouldn't risk it.
I'm open to suggestions (actually started a thread in the recommendation sub-forum). Has to be in-ears though... I need something to block out all external noise, and I prefer the bass response as well.post #3383 of 45578/6/13 at 5:24pmpost #3384 of 45578/6/13 at 6:03pm
Once my Yamaha's are burned in - I'll offer my opinions but I have already heard burned in Yamaha's at a friend's house and I really enjoyed the highs - yes, they are rolled off - but to my ears, not so noticeably...post #3385 of 45578/8/13 at 10:04pmpost #3386 of 45578/8/13 at 10:08pmQuote:
I think the jack slides in there for storage?post #3387 of 45578/9/13 at 5:00am
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 8/9/13 at 5:31ampost #3388 of 45578/9/13 at 5:27ampost #3389 of 45578/9/13 at 6:01ampost #3390 of 45578/9/13 at 6:02am
Get a good seal. I got my second pair (yes, I love 'em that much!) just 2 weeks ago. Out of the box, even with less than an hour of usage, there was nary a hint of sibilance. The trick is to get a good seal.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Denon AH-7200 1 minute ago
- › 64 Audio A18 Tzar (TM) Impressions Thread (Impressions, Reviews,... 1 minute ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Hot Knife (made from a soldering iron) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming 2 minutes ago
- › B&W P5 Series 1 2 minutes ago
- › Power amp recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 4 minutes ago
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Layman1
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear