- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 226
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've been nursing a pair of Westone 2 for a while now. At the end, it was like the bass was sucked out of those phones. I've been reading reviews and wavering back and forth on what I would buy to replace my Westone's. The multi-IEM review by ljokerl was very helpful in down selecting the IEM's I would focus on.
After trying a number of IEM's on my short list and not hearing the sound I was after, I took the plunge and bought a pair of Yamaha EPH-100SL without an audition. On my return from a business trip, my new phones were waiting for me. I did a brief audition and set them on burn in.
My first impression (brand new) was the sound was muddy and overly thick. Did I make a mistake straying from BA headphones? 48 hours of burn in later, and preparing for my next trip, I gave them another try. Wow, they went from muddy and thick to well defined and the full measure bass was fast and articulate. Mids were a delight, anchored but not overwhelmed by the bass. Highs, while slightly rolled off were a pleasure to listen to. And all of that was plugged directly into my iPad. The best was yet to come. I gave them a try with my Pico amp with the iPad as the source and it took it to the next level. With the Pico, the EPH-100SL was nearly as good as my non-portable, dedicated headphone system.
I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to replace my Westone's, but at least I can be soothed with a now great portable system.
Just threw mine out. These things were F'in garbage. Right ear kept cutting out, moisture/no moisture, I'd have to bang the crap out of it to get the driver to kick back in.... eventually crapped out completely. Couldn't send them in for warranty because it was all banged up from me trying to get the stupid thing to work again. BIG waste of money.
Worst part is I'm broke and can't replace them.. so now I have to listen to the awful music they play in my gym.
Edited by kloan - 8/6/13 at 3:47pm
Well, it seems you have many other iems according to your signature, it's not as if you got no choice.
Actually I haven't updated my sig in quite a while... I only have the UM3X now. No way I'm gonna use those while working out! :)
So you expect the eph100 to resist better from bad treatments than your UM3X ?
No way I'd use my eph-100 for work out, same .
And by the way , there are other cheap headphone solution designed for this.
I have the senn pmx680 and a ksc75.
I am looking for an alternative now that will hold up better to that kind of environment.
Honestly, I didn't expect it to be a problem using the Yamahas while working out. I've used other in-ears without any problems in the past. The Westones on the other hand cost me 3x the price, so yeah I certainly wouldn't risk it.
I'm open to suggestions (actually started a thread in the recommendation sub-forum). Has to be in-ears though... I need something to block out all external noise, and I prefer the bass response as well.
Once my Yamaha's are burned in - I'll offer my opinions but I have already heard burned in Yamaha's at a friend's house and I really enjoyed the highs - yes, they are rolled off - but to my ears, not so noticeably...
I think the jack slides in there for storage?
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 8/9/13 at 5:31am
Get a good seal. I got my second pair (yes, I love 'em that much!) just 2 weeks ago. Out of the box, even with less than an hour of usage, there was nary a hint of sibilance. The trick is to get a good seal.
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 16 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 17 seconds ago
- › Looking for decent wireless over-ear headphones for PC use 1 minute ago
- › Sub $250 soundbars or 2.0/2.1 setups? 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Premium EL34 and 12AU7 (ECC82) tubes 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Group Buy for full ATX Linear PSU from Teradak 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)