- 1,621 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 226post #3376 of 38257/31/13 at 6:37amJust bought a pair for on the go....awesome!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3377 of 38258/6/13 at 2:32pm
I've been nursing a pair of Westone 2 for a while now. At the end, it was like the bass was sucked out of those phones. I've been reading reviews and wavering back and forth on what I would buy to replace my Westone's. The multi-IEM review by ljokerl was very helpful in down selecting the IEM's I would focus on.
After trying a number of IEM's on my short list and not hearing the sound I was after, I took the plunge and bought a pair of Yamaha EPH-100SL without an audition. On my return from a business trip, my new phones were waiting for me. I did a brief audition and set them on burn in.
My first impression (brand new) was the sound was muddy and overly thick. Did I make a mistake straying from BA headphones? 48 hours of burn in later, and preparing for my next trip, I gave them another try. Wow, they went from muddy and thick to well defined and the full measure bass was fast and articulate. Mids were a delight, anchored but not overwhelmed by the bass. Highs, while slightly rolled off were a pleasure to listen to. And all of that was plugged directly into my iPad. The best was yet to come. I gave them a try with my Pico amp with the iPad as the source and it took it to the next level. With the Pico, the EPH-100SL was nearly as good as my non-portable, dedicated headphone system.
I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to replace my Westone's, but at least I can be soothed with a now great portable system.post #3378 of 38258/6/13 at 3:39pm
Just threw mine out. These things were F'in garbage. Right ear kept cutting out, moisture/no moisture, I'd have to bang the crap out of it to get the driver to kick back in.... eventually crapped out completely. Couldn't send them in for warranty because it was all banged up from me trying to get the stupid thing to work again. BIG waste of money.
Worst part is I'm broke and can't replace them.. so now I have to listen to the awful music they play in my gym.
Edited by kloan - 8/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #3379 of 38258/6/13 at 4:04pmQuote:
Well, it seems you have many other iems according to your signature, it's not as if you got no choice.post #3380 of 38258/6/13 at 4:06pmQuote:
Actually I haven't updated my sig in quite a while... I only have the UM3X now. No way I'm gonna use those while working out! :)post #3381 of 38258/6/13 at 4:11pm
So you expect the eph100 to resist better from bad treatments than your UM3X ?
No way I'd use my eph-100 for work out, same .
And by the way , there are other cheap headphone solution designed for this.
I have the senn pmx680 and a ksc75.post #3382 of 38258/6/13 at 4:58pmQuote:
I am looking for an alternative now that will hold up better to that kind of environment.
Honestly, I didn't expect it to be a problem using the Yamahas while working out. I've used other in-ears without any problems in the past. The Westones on the other hand cost me 3x the price, so yeah I certainly wouldn't risk it.
I'm open to suggestions (actually started a thread in the recommendation sub-forum). Has to be in-ears though... I need something to block out all external noise, and I prefer the bass response as well.post #3383 of 38258/6/13 at 5:24pmpost #3384 of 38258/6/13 at 6:03pm
Once my Yamaha's are burned in - I'll offer my opinions but I have already heard burned in Yamaha's at a friend's house and I really enjoyed the highs - yes, they are rolled off - but to my ears, not so noticeably...post #3385 of 38258/8/13 at 10:04pmpost #3386 of 38258/8/13 at 10:08pmQuote:
I think the jack slides in there for storage?post #3387 of 38258/9/13 at 5:00am
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 8/9/13 at 5:31ampost #3388 of 38258/9/13 at 5:27ampost #3389 of 38258/9/13 at 6:01ampost #3390 of 38258/9/13 at 6:02am
Get a good seal. I got my second pair (yes, I love 'em that much!) just 2 weeks ago. Out of the box, even with less than an hour of usage, there was nary a hint of sibilance. The trick is to get a good seal.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Israel Meet 7 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 7 minutes ago
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 9 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q8 Impressions Thread (new 2014 successor of the e-Q7 /... 11 minutes ago
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob