- 1,867 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200 Last post on 6/23/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
-- ******Spolier Alert!****** This is an awesome 2.1 System, you might as well just go buy them right now, no point in reading my review. But if you must insist in continuing to...
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Test Chain JRiver>Gungnir>Onix SP3>HE-500 (XLR to SE adapter) Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 226
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've been nursing a pair of Westone 2 for a while now. At the end, it was like the bass was sucked out of those phones. I've been reading reviews and wavering back and forth on what I would buy to replace my Westone's. The multi-IEM review by ljokerl was very helpful in down selecting the IEM's I would focus on.
After trying a number of IEM's on my short list and not hearing the sound I was after, I took the plunge and bought a pair of Yamaha EPH-100SL without an audition. On my return from a business trip, my new phones were waiting for me. I did a brief audition and set them on burn in.
My first impression (brand new) was the sound was muddy and overly thick. Did I make a mistake straying from BA headphones? 48 hours of burn in later, and preparing for my next trip, I gave them another try. Wow, they went from muddy and thick to well defined and the full measure bass was fast and articulate. Mids were a delight, anchored but not overwhelmed by the bass. Highs, while slightly rolled off were a pleasure to listen to. And all of that was plugged directly into my iPad. The best was yet to come. I gave them a try with my Pico amp with the iPad as the source and it took it to the next level. With the Pico, the EPH-100SL was nearly as good as my non-portable, dedicated headphone system.
I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to replace my Westone's, but at least I can be soothed with a now great portable system.
Just threw mine out. These things were F'in garbage. Right ear kept cutting out, moisture/no moisture, I'd have to bang the crap out of it to get the driver to kick back in.... eventually crapped out completely. Couldn't send them in for warranty because it was all banged up from me trying to get the stupid thing to work again. BIG waste of money.
Worst part is I'm broke and can't replace them.. so now I have to listen to the awful music they play in my gym.
Edited by kloan - 8/6/13 at 3:47pm
Well, it seems you have many other iems according to your signature, it's not as if you got no choice.
Actually I haven't updated my sig in quite a while... I only have the UM3X now. No way I'm gonna use those while working out! :)
So you expect the eph100 to resist better from bad treatments than your UM3X ?
No way I'd use my eph-100 for work out, same .
And by the way , there are other cheap headphone solution designed for this.
I have the senn pmx680 and a ksc75.
I am looking for an alternative now that will hold up better to that kind of environment.
Honestly, I didn't expect it to be a problem using the Yamahas while working out. I've used other in-ears without any problems in the past. The Westones on the other hand cost me 3x the price, so yeah I certainly wouldn't risk it.
I'm open to suggestions (actually started a thread in the recommendation sub-forum). Has to be in-ears though... I need something to block out all external noise, and I prefer the bass response as well.
Once my Yamaha's are burned in - I'll offer my opinions but I have already heard burned in Yamaha's at a friend's house and I really enjoyed the highs - yes, they are rolled off - but to my ears, not so noticeably...
I think the jack slides in there for storage?
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 8/9/13 at 5:31am
Get a good seal. I got my second pair (yes, I love 'em that much!) just 2 weeks ago. Out of the box, even with less than an hour of usage, there was nary a hint of sibilance. The trick is to get a good seal.
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 15 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 59 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Is there a reshelling company that make UM CIEM into universal IEM? 3 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 5 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2