- 1,621 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: England/Taiwan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 226post #3376 of 37217/31/13 at 6:37amJust bought a pair for on the go....awesome!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3377 of 37218/6/13 at 2:32pm
I've been nursing a pair of Westone 2 for a while now. At the end, it was like the bass was sucked out of those phones. I've been reading reviews and wavering back and forth on what I would buy to replace my Westone's. The multi-IEM review by ljokerl was very helpful in down selecting the IEM's I would focus on.
After trying a number of IEM's on my short list and not hearing the sound I was after, I took the plunge and bought a pair of Yamaha EPH-100SL without an audition. On my return from a business trip, my new phones were waiting for me. I did a brief audition and set them on burn in.
My first impression (brand new) was the sound was muddy and overly thick. Did I make a mistake straying from BA headphones? 48 hours of burn in later, and preparing for my next trip, I gave them another try. Wow, they went from muddy and thick to well defined and the full measure bass was fast and articulate. Mids were a delight, anchored but not overwhelmed by the bass. Highs, while slightly rolled off were a pleasure to listen to. And all of that was plugged directly into my iPad. The best was yet to come. I gave them a try with my Pico amp with the iPad as the source and it took it to the next level. With the Pico, the EPH-100SL was nearly as good as my non-portable, dedicated headphone system.
I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to replace my Westone's, but at least I can be soothed with a now great portable system.post #3378 of 37218/6/13 at 3:39pm
Just threw mine out. These things were F'in garbage. Right ear kept cutting out, moisture/no moisture, I'd have to bang the crap out of it to get the driver to kick back in.... eventually crapped out completely. Couldn't send them in for warranty because it was all banged up from me trying to get the stupid thing to work again. BIG waste of money.
Worst part is I'm broke and can't replace them.. so now I have to listen to the awful music they play in my gym.
Edited by kloan - 8/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #3379 of 37218/6/13 at 4:04pmQuote:
Well, it seems you have many other iems according to your signature, it's not as if you got no choice.post #3380 of 37218/6/13 at 4:06pmQuote:
Actually I haven't updated my sig in quite a while... I only have the UM3X now. No way I'm gonna use those while working out! :)post #3381 of 37218/6/13 at 4:11pm
So you expect the eph100 to resist better from bad treatments than your UM3X ?
No way I'd use my eph-100 for work out, same .
And by the way , there are other cheap headphone solution designed for this.
I have the senn pmx680 and a ksc75.post #3382 of 37218/6/13 at 4:58pmQuote:
I am looking for an alternative now that will hold up better to that kind of environment.
Honestly, I didn't expect it to be a problem using the Yamahas while working out. I've used other in-ears without any problems in the past. The Westones on the other hand cost me 3x the price, so yeah I certainly wouldn't risk it.
I'm open to suggestions (actually started a thread in the recommendation sub-forum). Has to be in-ears though... I need something to block out all external noise, and I prefer the bass response as well.post #3383 of 37218/6/13 at 5:24pmpost #3384 of 37218/6/13 at 6:03pm
Once my Yamaha's are burned in - I'll offer my opinions but I have already heard burned in Yamaha's at a friend's house and I really enjoyed the highs - yes, they are rolled off - but to my ears, not so noticeably...post #3385 of 37218/8/13 at 10:04pmpost #3386 of 37218/8/13 at 10:08pmQuote:
I think the jack slides in there for storage?post #3387 of 37218/9/13 at 5:00am
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 8/9/13 at 5:31ampost #3388 of 37218/9/13 at 5:27ampost #3389 of 37218/9/13 at 6:01ampost #3390 of 37218/9/13 at 6:02am
Get a good seal. I got my second pair (yes, I love 'em that much!) just 2 weeks ago. Out of the box, even with less than an hour of usage, there was nary a hint of sibilance. The trick is to get a good seal.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and... 10 seconds ago
- › FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page) 11 seconds ago
- › Doodlebug - USB Isolator 40 seconds ago
- › How important is the Holy Grail of perfect sound really? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 2 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Cannot find comfortable earphones -- spent over $2,000 total! 3 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude