- 18 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200 Last post on 6/23/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 209post #3121 of 45512/5/13 at 5:22amJust thought I'd report back after a week of almost non-stop use (commuting, at home, in the rain, in bed, etc) and haven't had a single issue with moisture on the grilles or either earphone losing volume. So far so good!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3122 of 45512/5/13 at 6:09ampost #3123 of 45512/5/13 at 6:34ampost #3124 of 45512/5/13 at 6:47ampost #3125 of 45512/5/13 at 6:48ampost #3126 of 45512/5/13 at 8:13amQuote:
Because there is only one place in the UK where you can still get the EPH-100: Audio Affair @ £99 and their stock will be exhausted soon; and then you won't be able to get them. That is the drawback to discontinued models.
Edited by NineToTheSky - 2/5/13 at 8:14ampost #3127 of 45512/5/13 at 8:25amQuote:
If you command them online, you don't need to buy them specifically from uk. I bought them at ldlc.com (french, and a bit more expensive).post #3128 of 45512/5/13 at 9:29am
Hi have just spoken to Yamaha and they said they are NOT discontinued they said they have ordered 230 more from japan.I also got mine today and only have monster turbines to compare them to but i have found the mids to be held back more compared to the MT also the treble sounds harsh I thought
I was listening to "lil wayne and bruno mars mirror" and it did not sound very good with the eph 100
IS IT BECAUSE THEY NEED TO BE BURNT IN .REALLY HOPE THEY DOpost #3129 of 45512/5/13 at 9:47amQuote:
This is confusing, because I have quoted Yamaha's email to me saying that they were discontinued. That was Yamaha UK. Which country did you contact?post #3130 of 45512/5/13 at 9:49amQuote:
So it's a stock problem, what I thought. The success was bigger than expected, but with "word of mouth" ....Quote:also the treble sounds harsh I thought
It's a tad harsh for me, but that's nitpicking. Maybe there's a problem with your source, or that particular track.
Most of the time it should sound smooth.post #3131 of 45512/5/13 at 9:54ampost #3132 of 45512/5/13 at 10:23amQuote:
if there's a loudness difference between left/right , then it could be the famous moisture problem.
Regarding the strange noise , that's new. Perhaps you are pushing too much the volume, and it's distorting ?
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 2/5/13 at 10:26ampost #3133 of 45512/5/13 at 10:36ampost #3134 of 45512/5/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Vocals are good for me, last time I was listening gregorian chants with them.
Anyways if there's an asymmetry between left a right, there's a problem.
Try with a mono track, to be sure.post #3135 of 45512/5/13 at 3:16pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 19 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 6 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 9 minutes ago
- › HTC 11 (aka Ocean Master/Note/Smart) 10 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear