- 18 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 209
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Because there is only one place in the UK where you can still get the EPH-100: Audio Affair @ £99 and their stock will be exhausted soon; and then you won't be able to get them. That is the drawback to discontinued models.
Edited by NineToTheSky - 2/5/13 at 8:14am
If you command them online, you don't need to buy them specifically from uk. I bought them at ldlc.com (french, and a bit more expensive).
Hi have just spoken to Yamaha and they said they are NOT discontinued they said they have ordered 230 more from japan.I also got mine today and only have monster turbines to compare them to but i have found the mids to be held back more compared to the MT also the treble sounds harsh I thought
I was listening to "lil wayne and bruno mars mirror" and it did not sound very good with the eph 100
IS IT BECAUSE THEY NEED TO BE BURNT IN .REALLY HOPE THEY DO
This is confusing, because I have quoted Yamaha's email to me saying that they were discontinued. That was Yamaha UK. Which country did you contact?
So it's a stock problem, what I thought. The success was bigger than expected, but with "word of mouth" ....
It's a tad harsh for me, but that's nitpicking. Maybe there's a problem with your source, or that particular track.
Most of the time it should sound smooth.
if there's a loudness difference between left/right , then it could be the famous moisture problem.
Regarding the strange noise , that's new. Perhaps you are pushing too much the volume, and it's distorting ?
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 2/5/13 at 10:26am
Vocals are good for me, last time I was listening gregorian chants with them.
Anyways if there's an asymmetry between left a right, there's a problem.
Try with a mono track, to be sure.
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 39 seconds ago
- › Hi-fi audio signal chain -- no more sigma-delta 45 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Help me choose or recomendate me? 1 minute ago
- › HD600 vs DT990 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Is Sennheiser HD598 worth keeping? Or should I return it to Amazon... 5 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)