- 18 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200 Last post on 6/23/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 209post #3121 of 45402/5/13 at 5:22amJust thought I'd report back after a week of almost non-stop use (commuting, at home, in the rain, in bed, etc) and haven't had a single issue with moisture on the grilles or either earphone losing volume. So far so good!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3122 of 45402/5/13 at 6:09ampost #3123 of 45402/5/13 at 6:34ampost #3124 of 45402/5/13 at 6:47ampost #3125 of 45402/5/13 at 6:48ampost #3126 of 45402/5/13 at 8:13amQuote:
Because there is only one place in the UK where you can still get the EPH-100: Audio Affair @ £99 and their stock will be exhausted soon; and then you won't be able to get them. That is the drawback to discontinued models.
Edited by NineToTheSky - 2/5/13 at 8:14ampost #3127 of 45402/5/13 at 8:25amQuote:
If you command them online, you don't need to buy them specifically from uk. I bought them at ldlc.com (french, and a bit more expensive).post #3128 of 45402/5/13 at 9:29am
Hi have just spoken to Yamaha and they said they are NOT discontinued they said they have ordered 230 more from japan.I also got mine today and only have monster turbines to compare them to but i have found the mids to be held back more compared to the MT also the treble sounds harsh I thought
I was listening to "lil wayne and bruno mars mirror" and it did not sound very good with the eph 100
IS IT BECAUSE THEY NEED TO BE BURNT IN .REALLY HOPE THEY DOpost #3129 of 45402/5/13 at 9:47amQuote:
This is confusing, because I have quoted Yamaha's email to me saying that they were discontinued. That was Yamaha UK. Which country did you contact?post #3130 of 45402/5/13 at 9:49amQuote:
So it's a stock problem, what I thought. The success was bigger than expected, but with "word of mouth" ....Quote:also the treble sounds harsh I thought
It's a tad harsh for me, but that's nitpicking. Maybe there's a problem with your source, or that particular track.
Most of the time it should sound smooth.post #3131 of 45402/5/13 at 9:54ampost #3132 of 45402/5/13 at 10:23amQuote:
if there's a loudness difference between left/right , then it could be the famous moisture problem.
Regarding the strange noise , that's new. Perhaps you are pushing too much the volume, and it's distorting ?
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 2/5/13 at 10:26ampost #3133 of 45402/5/13 at 10:36ampost #3134 of 45402/5/13 at 10:43amQuote:
Vocals are good for me, last time I was listening gregorian chants with them.
Anyways if there's an asymmetry between left a right, there's a problem.
Try with a mono track, to be sure.post #3135 of 45402/5/13 at 3:16pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 seconds ago
- › IEM with detachable cable under 150$ (available in the likes of... 13 seconds ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 43 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow Amp recommendations 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 3 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 4 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear