- 18 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200 Last post on 6/23/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 209
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Because there is only one place in the UK where you can still get the EPH-100: Audio Affair @ £99 and their stock will be exhausted soon; and then you won't be able to get them. That is the drawback to discontinued models.
Edited by NineToTheSky - 2/5/13 at 8:14am
If you command them online, you don't need to buy them specifically from uk. I bought them at ldlc.com (french, and a bit more expensive).
Hi have just spoken to Yamaha and they said they are NOT discontinued they said they have ordered 230 more from japan.I also got mine today and only have monster turbines to compare them to but i have found the mids to be held back more compared to the MT also the treble sounds harsh I thought
I was listening to "lil wayne and bruno mars mirror" and it did not sound very good with the eph 100
IS IT BECAUSE THEY NEED TO BE BURNT IN .REALLY HOPE THEY DO
This is confusing, because I have quoted Yamaha's email to me saying that they were discontinued. That was Yamaha UK. Which country did you contact?
So it's a stock problem, what I thought. The success was bigger than expected, but with "word of mouth" ....
It's a tad harsh for me, but that's nitpicking. Maybe there's a problem with your source, or that particular track.
Most of the time it should sound smooth.
if there's a loudness difference between left/right , then it could be the famous moisture problem.
Regarding the strange noise , that's new. Perhaps you are pushing too much the volume, and it's distorting ?
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 2/5/13 at 10:26am
Vocals are good for me, last time I was listening gregorian chants with them.
Anyways if there's an asymmetry between left a right, there's a problem.
Try with a mono track, to be sure.
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › post your grado mods.... 20 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 21 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 2 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › SennGrado Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The Ghost in the MP3 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3