- 18 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 209
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Because there is only one place in the UK where you can still get the EPH-100: Audio Affair @ £99 and their stock will be exhausted soon; and then you won't be able to get them. That is the drawback to discontinued models.
Edited by NineToTheSky - 2/5/13 at 8:14am
If you command them online, you don't need to buy them specifically from uk. I bought them at ldlc.com (french, and a bit more expensive).
Hi have just spoken to Yamaha and they said they are NOT discontinued they said they have ordered 230 more from japan.I also got mine today and only have monster turbines to compare them to but i have found the mids to be held back more compared to the MT also the treble sounds harsh I thought
I was listening to "lil wayne and bruno mars mirror" and it did not sound very good with the eph 100
IS IT BECAUSE THEY NEED TO BE BURNT IN .REALLY HOPE THEY DO
This is confusing, because I have quoted Yamaha's email to me saying that they were discontinued. That was Yamaha UK. Which country did you contact?
So it's a stock problem, what I thought. The success was bigger than expected, but with "word of mouth" ....
It's a tad harsh for me, but that's nitpicking. Maybe there's a problem with your source, or that particular track.
Most of the time it should sound smooth.
if there's a loudness difference between left/right , then it could be the famous moisture problem.
Regarding the strange noise , that's new. Perhaps you are pushing too much the volume, and it's distorting ?
Edited by extrabigmehdi - 2/5/13 at 10:26am
Vocals are good for me, last time I was listening gregorian chants with them.
Anyways if there's an asymmetry between left a right, there's a problem.
Try with a mono track, to be sure.
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.085 . . . . 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 24-07-2014 5 minutes ago
- › High-End Budget Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Baldoor etc) and Earbud... 5 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)