Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200 Last post on 6/23/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 201
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3002 of 454811/23/12 at 5:16amQuote:
Would you mind sharing your EQ settings? Just flat? :)post #3003 of 454811/23/12 at 5:20am
Yes, I use no EQ settings, just plain flat latest Rockbox version running from the Clip+...post #3004 of 454811/29/12 at 11:24am
So I've had my Yams for a while now and totally love their sound. This is my first IEM, or headphones for that matter, that costs greater than $20, aside from the stock iBuds that came with my iPhone 4. I've been having issues with the fit though. Normal single flanges are what I prefer as these stock bi-flanges hurt my ears. I was wondering what size I should buy if I use the medium stock bi-flanges, in particular, the foam tips from lostearbuds. The medium stocks give me a pretty good seal but I think the seal could be better.
I've also been wondering how they're suppose to be inserted and how deep? I've read that the depth doesn't really matter with these Yams as they have a low distortion? I want to get the most out of these with my current setup (or lack thereof ).post #3005 of 454812/1/12 at 2:26amHey all, I have been enjoying these for about a year now, wondering if anyone can recommend a pair a full size portables that compare with this Yamaha sound sig. So far I've tried the Sony MDR-1R and the bass is just no where near these (when called for). Also have sold my Pioneer HDJ-2000's, so those are not an option either. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.post #3006 of 454812/1/12 at 2:37amQuote:Originally Posted by k1n0n3
Hey all, I have been enjoying these for about a year now, wondering if anyone can recommend a pair a full size portables that compare with this Yamaha sound sig. So far I've tried the Sony MDR-1R and the bass is just no where near these (when called for). Also have sold my Pioneer HDJ-2000's, so those are not an option either. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Yamaha also have a headphone called HPH-200, came out around the same time as EPH-100.
There's not much info on it here though besides a recent thread I found.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/637398/yamaha-getting-ignored-the-grado-killer-hph-200post #3007 of 454812/1/12 at 2:47ampost #3008 of 454812/1/12 at 10:17ampost #3009 of 454812/1/12 at 6:55pm
Hmm, well the V-Moda M80s sound very much like the EPH100 IMO, with similarly glossy treble and well-measured bass, but they are vented and therefore will not offer optimal for windy NY streets and crowded metro stations. Depending on your price range and the level of SQ you require, you might want to check out the Creative Aurvana Live (circa $80) and the UE6000 ($200 at Best Buy); I auditioned the UEs today and they definitely pack serious subbass presence, and it's not muddy or overwhelming, especially considering the price range. It's more of a U-shaped signature, the mids aren't as forward as the EPH100, but their bass walks all over my old $200 favorites, the Phiaton MS400, which might also be worth a look. The MS400 have great mids, do vocals extremely well for a portable, and have a nice warm, punchy feel like the EPH100, but treble is not as prominent as the Yams, and the subbass definitely doesn't rip like the UE6000, although it is pleasantly punchy and full-bodied.
Also remember that headphone bass is going to have inherently different qualities from IEM bass, so don't go thinking there is a perfect match out there. If quality bass is your primary consideration though, give the UE6000s a listen; sure they look flashy, but they have sound to back it up.Quote:
Edited by Gilly87 - 12/1/12 at 6:57pmpost #3010 of 454812/1/12 at 7:16pmThanks for the info, I will look into the UE6000s. I had the TMA-1s for a while and loved the bass, but not much else, very V shaped. Not many other options out there. Would be nice to hear the velodyne full sized cans, but the size and styling is just too much for me.
I also ordered the yam pro 500s earlier in the day, in blue... the styling screams beats knock offs, but that huge yam logo and the color remind me of their sport bikes, in the end though it all comes down to the sound, on which I will report back as soon as I've had some time with them.post #3011 of 454812/2/12 at 8:38am
I recently ordered my pair of EPH-100s! I'm expecting to get them within 3 days. I'll post up my first impressions and 'after 100 hours' review. I have owned several mid range earphones over the past years such as the Klipsch Image S4, Monster Jamz, Beats by dr dre Tour, amongst others. I regularly produce electronic music as a hobby and find it essential to be able to have good sound.post #3012 of 454812/2/12 at 3:33pmpost #3013 of 454812/2/12 at 4:08pmpost #3014 of 454812/5/12 at 7:09pm
Hey Yamaha thread!
I found this graph -->post #3015 of 454812/7/12 at 9:31amQuote:Originally Posted by RokYa
I've had the EPH-100's for more than 8 months now and I think they are brilliant. However I've had some issues with them which are making me consider getting different earphones. As many have mentioned here my EPH-100's have the moisture caused sound problem as well. I also find that they seem to fall out of my ears quite often while walking. Thus I would like to know what alternative earphones there are that sound as good as the Yamaha's.
I've currently got the Klipsch S4, Atrio MG7 and Sound Magic E30, and I've previously owned the Klipsch X10, JVC FXT90 and UE TF10. So basically I'd like some recommendation besides those mentioned.
I'd recommend the Ortofon e-Q5s as an upgrade.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 12 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 24 seconds ago
- › S.M.S.L M3 Mini DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear