Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
This review is based on the brief time I had the X5 as part of the UK tour. I am not going in the facts, like spec, what's in the box etc, we all know that by now. This is all my...
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 201
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3002 of 374811/23/12 at 5:16amQuote:
Would you mind sharing your EQ settings? Just flat? :)post #3003 of 374811/23/12 at 5:20am
Yes, I use no EQ settings, just plain flat latest Rockbox version running from the Clip+...post #3004 of 374811/29/12 at 11:24am
So I've had my Yams for a while now and totally love their sound. This is my first IEM, or headphones for that matter, that costs greater than $20, aside from the stock iBuds that came with my iPhone 4. I've been having issues with the fit though. Normal single flanges are what I prefer as these stock bi-flanges hurt my ears. I was wondering what size I should buy if I use the medium stock bi-flanges, in particular, the foam tips from lostearbuds. The medium stocks give me a pretty good seal but I think the seal could be better.
I've also been wondering how they're suppose to be inserted and how deep? I've read that the depth doesn't really matter with these Yams as they have a low distortion? I want to get the most out of these with my current setup (or lack thereof ).post #3005 of 374812/1/12 at 2:26amHey all, I have been enjoying these for about a year now, wondering if anyone can recommend a pair a full size portables that compare with this Yamaha sound sig. So far I've tried the Sony MDR-1R and the bass is just no where near these (when called for). Also have sold my Pioneer HDJ-2000's, so those are not an option either. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.post #3006 of 374812/1/12 at 2:37amQuote:Originally Posted by k1n0n3
Hey all, I have been enjoying these for about a year now, wondering if anyone can recommend a pair a full size portables that compare with this Yamaha sound sig. So far I've tried the Sony MDR-1R and the bass is just no where near these (when called for). Also have sold my Pioneer HDJ-2000's, so those are not an option either. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Yamaha also have a headphone called HPH-200, came out around the same time as EPH-100.
There's not much info on it here though besides a recent thread I found.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/637398/yamaha-getting-ignored-the-grado-killer-hph-200post #3007 of 374812/1/12 at 2:47ampost #3008 of 374812/1/12 at 10:17ampost #3009 of 374812/1/12 at 6:55pm
Hmm, well the V-Moda M80s sound very much like the EPH100 IMO, with similarly glossy treble and well-measured bass, but they are vented and therefore will not offer optimal for windy NY streets and crowded metro stations. Depending on your price range and the level of SQ you require, you might want to check out the Creative Aurvana Live (circa $80) and the UE6000 ($200 at Best Buy); I auditioned the UEs today and they definitely pack serious subbass presence, and it's not muddy or overwhelming, especially considering the price range. It's more of a U-shaped signature, the mids aren't as forward as the EPH100, but their bass walks all over my old $200 favorites, the Phiaton MS400, which might also be worth a look. The MS400 have great mids, do vocals extremely well for a portable, and have a nice warm, punchy feel like the EPH100, but treble is not as prominent as the Yams, and the subbass definitely doesn't rip like the UE6000, although it is pleasantly punchy and full-bodied.
Also remember that headphone bass is going to have inherently different qualities from IEM bass, so don't go thinking there is a perfect match out there. If quality bass is your primary consideration though, give the UE6000s a listen; sure they look flashy, but they have sound to back it up.Quote:
Edited by Gilly87 - 12/1/12 at 6:57pmpost #3010 of 374812/1/12 at 7:16pmThanks for the info, I will look into the UE6000s. I had the TMA-1s for a while and loved the bass, but not much else, very V shaped. Not many other options out there. Would be nice to hear the velodyne full sized cans, but the size and styling is just too much for me.
I also ordered the yam pro 500s earlier in the day, in blue... the styling screams beats knock offs, but that huge yam logo and the color remind me of their sport bikes, in the end though it all comes down to the sound, on which I will report back as soon as I've had some time with them.post #3011 of 374812/2/12 at 8:38am
I recently ordered my pair of EPH-100s! I'm expecting to get them within 3 days. I'll post up my first impressions and 'after 100 hours' review. I have owned several mid range earphones over the past years such as the Klipsch Image S4, Monster Jamz, Beats by dr dre Tour, amongst others. I regularly produce electronic music as a hobby and find it essential to be able to have good sound.post #3012 of 374812/2/12 at 3:33pmpost #3013 of 374812/2/12 at 4:08pmpost #3014 of 374812/5/12 at 7:09pm
Hey Yamaha thread!
I found this graph -->post #3015 of 374812/7/12 at 9:31amQuote:Originally Posted by RokYa
I've had the EPH-100's for more than 8 months now and I think they are brilliant. However I've had some issues with them which are making me consider getting different earphones. As many have mentioned here my EPH-100's have the moisture caused sound problem as well. I also find that they seem to fall out of my ears quite often while walking. Thus I would like to know what alternative earphones there are that sound as good as the Yamaha's.
I've currently got the Klipsch S4, Atrio MG7 and Sound Magic E30, and I've previously owned the Klipsch X10, JVC FXT90 and UE TF10. So basically I'd like some recommendation besides those mentioned.
I'd recommend the Ortofon e-Q5s as an upgrade.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Starving Student PCB's 2 seconds ago
- › Multiple balanced armature speaker systems with crossover networks 6 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 2 minutes ago
- › PC Audio Help 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › Laptop sound card with midi 2 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › Cowon EM1 In-Earphone by vaibhavp
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude