Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200 Last post on 6/23/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 196post #2926 of 454010/13/12 at 2:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 454010/13/12 at 4:07ampost #2928 of 454010/13/12 at 4:55ampost #2929 of 454010/13/12 at 5:12ampost #2930 of 454010/13/12 at 10:52ampost #2931 of 454010/13/12 at 11:09amQuote:
You need to decide which is cheaper with shipping cost for you. I got mine earlir this year from Audio Affair but they were cheaper back then (79.99) and I also got them with a 10% off promo...post #2932 of 454010/13/12 at 11:09amQuote:See the flash of light putente? It's a sign! Look where it's coming from, that's no accident, straight from Britney.post #2933 of 454010/13/12 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by putente
You need to decide which is cheaper with shipping cost for you. I got mine earlir this year from Audio Affair but they were cheaper back then (79.99) and I also got them with a 10% off promo...
Cheapest would be guitarguitar, have you ever used them before?
Never heard of them.post #2934 of 454010/13/12 at 11:33ampost #2935 of 454010/13/12 at 11:36ampost #2936 of 454010/13/12 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by regiapemid
I was thinking of making my next mid/hi-fi purchase the VSonic GR07, Fischer DBA-02/Brainwavz B2 or the UE TF 10 since many reviews and opinions place them and the EPH 100 in a similar region RE sound quality - but they all seem to be over-the-ear only. Over-the-ear just isn't my cup of tea, for a variety of reasons. Insertion and removal are more annoying, there's more cord touching skin, etc. Been eyeing the JVC FX700 since they're pretty well-regarded and straight-down, but $350 for a possibly-not-that-significant increase in sound quality... maybe not.
Sounds to me like the Jvc Fxd 80 is just what you're looking for, more open and airy than the eph with more detail.
Bit less bass punch but personally i love them, they just need a good hard burning in.post #2937 of 454010/13/12 at 5:49pm
god I just love these things. been trying out different IEMs and even full-sized phones the last few months.. I always come back to the yams. they give me such a great feeling. everything comes together perfectly... I NEVER WANT THESE TO BREAK.post #2938 of 454010/14/12 at 11:44ampost #2939 of 454010/17/12 at 11:31am
I was looking for an IEM and decided to go with the Eph-100 after reading through this thread. I just received them yesterday and I have to say that they are overall excellent. I have been using full size headphones for a while but comfort has been an issue for me. These Yamahas give me excellent sound quality without the comfort issues I had with the full size headphones. The S-Small tip has been perfect for me so far, amazing isolation! I l listen to mostly EDM and Vocal Jazz and as far as SQ is concerned, these Yamahas do deliver. The bass on these bad boys is magical. They hit hard without sounding boomy which is a feat for such a small driver. Vocals are enchanting, they feel really life like, like the singer is right there in front of me singing to me. Listen to Melody Gardot - Our Love Is Easy and you will understand what I mean. I haven't listened to other decent IEMs other then these, but in my opinion $150 is a steal for these!
Edited by aras - 10/17/12 at 11:32ampost #2940 of 454010/18/12 at 1:42amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 53 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit 230VAC 2 minutes ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 5 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 8 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-X00 Headphones (Mahogany) 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear