Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 196post #2926 of 374310/13/12 at 2:42am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 374310/13/12 at 4:07ampost #2928 of 374310/13/12 at 4:55ampost #2929 of 374310/13/12 at 5:12ampost #2930 of 374310/13/12 at 10:52ampost #2931 of 374310/13/12 at 11:09amQuote:
You need to decide which is cheaper with shipping cost for you. I got mine earlir this year from Audio Affair but they were cheaper back then (79.99) and I also got them with a 10% off promo...post #2932 of 374310/13/12 at 11:09amQuote:See the flash of light putente? It's a sign! Look where it's coming from, that's no accident, straight from Britney.post #2933 of 374310/13/12 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by putente
You need to decide which is cheaper with shipping cost for you. I got mine earlir this year from Audio Affair but they were cheaper back then (79.99) and I also got them with a 10% off promo...
Cheapest would be guitarguitar, have you ever used them before?
Never heard of them.post #2934 of 374310/13/12 at 11:33ampost #2935 of 374310/13/12 at 11:36ampost #2936 of 374310/13/12 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by regiapemid
I was thinking of making my next mid/hi-fi purchase the VSonic GR07, Fischer DBA-02/Brainwavz B2 or the UE TF 10 since many reviews and opinions place them and the EPH 100 in a similar region RE sound quality - but they all seem to be over-the-ear only. Over-the-ear just isn't my cup of tea, for a variety of reasons. Insertion and removal are more annoying, there's more cord touching skin, etc. Been eyeing the JVC FX700 since they're pretty well-regarded and straight-down, but $350 for a possibly-not-that-significant increase in sound quality... maybe not.
Sounds to me like the Jvc Fxd 80 is just what you're looking for, more open and airy than the eph with more detail.
Bit less bass punch but personally i love them, they just need a good hard burning in.post #2937 of 374310/13/12 at 5:49pm
god I just love these things. been trying out different IEMs and even full-sized phones the last few months.. I always come back to the yams. they give me such a great feeling. everything comes together perfectly... I NEVER WANT THESE TO BREAK.post #2938 of 374310/14/12 at 11:44ampost #2939 of 374310/17/12 at 11:31am
I was looking for an IEM and decided to go with the Eph-100 after reading through this thread. I just received them yesterday and I have to say that they are overall excellent. I have been using full size headphones for a while but comfort has been an issue for me. These Yamahas give me excellent sound quality without the comfort issues I had with the full size headphones. The S-Small tip has been perfect for me so far, amazing isolation! I l listen to mostly EDM and Vocal Jazz and as far as SQ is concerned, these Yamahas do deliver. The bass on these bad boys is magical. They hit hard without sounding boomy which is a feat for such a small driver. Vocals are enchanting, they feel really life like, like the singer is right there in front of me singing to me. Listen to Melody Gardot - Our Love Is Easy and you will understand what I mean. I haven't listened to other decent IEMs other then these, but in my opinion $150 is a steal for these!
Edited by aras - 10/17/12 at 11:32ampost #2940 of 374310/18/12 at 1:42amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 27 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 45 seconds ago
- › MINT condition Sennheiser HD598 headphones with case 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] announce a releasing of H-300 , and start pre-selling &... 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone Advice (HD650 / HE400 / AlphaDogs / TH-600) 4 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude