At least it doesn't seem an issue with built quality, but an issue with "wet ears".
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 189
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think the EPH has a bit more bass. Quality is the same (by memory). But SM3's treble is WAY better. However instrument separation is superior on the EPH-100's and they're brighter. I think you would like them (except for the treble quality if you're a treble-head).
Edited by miow - 9/20/12 at 11:55am
Yep it's a minority, one that you should be aware of, may not seem like much when taking into account how many pairs have been sold. But when you raise the rate of issues by even a few %, it becomes a LOT when you look at it from that perspective.
From what I know of them.
You will be happier.
The moist ear wax part might be a problem. The other issue is the metal housing along with a temperature difference causing condensation. If the inside of your ear is 100 degrees and its also 100 or close to it in your room or outside then you probably wont have a condensation issue, but a 100 degree ear with it being 60 outside will cause condensation.
I have this same issue with my GR01 sometimes. For example, I had just cleaned my ears this morning and gave them a couple hours to dry. Later in the day i took a calm walk outside with my GR01's in, it was about 65 degrees outside. When i took them back out of my ears after a maybe 30 minute walk the tips were clean but there was moisture around the nozzles on my GR01's. This time it hadnt gotten bad enough to wet the paper filter, but i have had an issue before where it would wet the filter and id either have to let them sit and dry, or id have to unscrew the filter and blow through it to dry it or force the moisture away from the filter.
Now this isnt a permanent issue on my GR01 because the filter can be unscrewed and cleaned, but if the EPH-100 can't be taken apart to clean then this will be more of an issue. This is why a metal housing isnt always a good idea, especially when the nozzle doesnt come apart.
I also have moist ears wax, but are very clean so it's not what's the cause of the sound dying on one side.
Usually when you have moist ear wax, you have warmer ear canals and produce more moisture, which you can see a big collection of moisture collected on the nozzle/grills of the EPH100. You can clean them on the outside, but it's what's built up in the inside that kills the sound temporarily, and sometimes in rare cases - permanently.
Look, get the EPH100s as you'll probably enjoy the sound more over the GR07s as they have a more fun sound signature - however on the off chance that it does happen to you.. you'll regret it and wish you got the GR07s in the first place.
I sold my GR07s as I thought the EPH100s were going to last me for ages, then went through 4 pairs now...
Regretted selling my GR07s and going through the extent on getting 4 pairs of EPH100s, should've just spent a bit more and gotten the IE80 in the first place though!
I see no logical reason why it would happen on the right side only for multiple people. I havent read this whole thread, so i didnt realize its only been the right side thats going out. Thats is definitely a bit strange.
Its a shame that the only comments for the past 20 or so pages have gone to purley discussing this one, very, minority flaw that people just seem to be purely speculating on (105 owners and 3 issues so far on my count-still ongoing). Cant imagine the number of people that have been put off of one of the best sounding earphones under 300 imho due to the latter part of this. Its a damm shame.
As for mine, 500+ hours going strong and never an issue for what its worth.
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 8 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 14 seconds ago
- › What "house sound" annoys you the most? 53 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 (new! used twice!... shipping world-wide!) 3 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 5 minutes ago
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)