At least it doesn't seem an issue with built quality, but an issue with "wet ears".
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a Review of Brainwavz S5 in-ear monitors. http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html I was a little cautious approaching the review of the latest flagship in-ear model from Brainwavz. With a...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 189
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think the EPH has a bit more bass. Quality is the same (by memory). But SM3's treble is WAY better. However instrument separation is superior on the EPH-100's and they're brighter. I think you would like them (except for the treble quality if you're a treble-head).
Edited by miow - 9/20/12 at 11:55am
Yep it's a minority, one that you should be aware of, may not seem like much when taking into account how many pairs have been sold. But when you raise the rate of issues by even a few %, it becomes a LOT when you look at it from that perspective.
From what I know of them.
You will be happier.
The moist ear wax part might be a problem. The other issue is the metal housing along with a temperature difference causing condensation. If the inside of your ear is 100 degrees and its also 100 or close to it in your room or outside then you probably wont have a condensation issue, but a 100 degree ear with it being 60 outside will cause condensation.
I have this same issue with my GR01 sometimes. For example, I had just cleaned my ears this morning and gave them a couple hours to dry. Later in the day i took a calm walk outside with my GR01's in, it was about 65 degrees outside. When i took them back out of my ears after a maybe 30 minute walk the tips were clean but there was moisture around the nozzles on my GR01's. This time it hadnt gotten bad enough to wet the paper filter, but i have had an issue before where it would wet the filter and id either have to let them sit and dry, or id have to unscrew the filter and blow through it to dry it or force the moisture away from the filter.
Now this isnt a permanent issue on my GR01 because the filter can be unscrewed and cleaned, but if the EPH-100 can't be taken apart to clean then this will be more of an issue. This is why a metal housing isnt always a good idea, especially when the nozzle doesnt come apart.
I also have moist ears wax, but are very clean so it's not what's the cause of the sound dying on one side.
Usually when you have moist ear wax, you have warmer ear canals and produce more moisture, which you can see a big collection of moisture collected on the nozzle/grills of the EPH100. You can clean them on the outside, but it's what's built up in the inside that kills the sound temporarily, and sometimes in rare cases - permanently.
Look, get the EPH100s as you'll probably enjoy the sound more over the GR07s as they have a more fun sound signature - however on the off chance that it does happen to you.. you'll regret it and wish you got the GR07s in the first place.
I sold my GR07s as I thought the EPH100s were going to last me for ages, then went through 4 pairs now...
Regretted selling my GR07s and going through the extent on getting 4 pairs of EPH100s, should've just spent a bit more and gotten the IE80 in the first place though!
I see no logical reason why it would happen on the right side only for multiple people. I havent read this whole thread, so i didnt realize its only been the right side thats going out. Thats is definitely a bit strange.
Its a shame that the only comments for the past 20 or so pages have gone to purley discussing this one, very, minority flaw that people just seem to be purely speculating on (105 owners and 3 issues so far on my count-still ongoing). Cant imagine the number of people that have been put off of one of the best sounding earphones under 300 imho due to the latter part of this. Its a damm shame.
As for mine, 500+ hours going strong and never an issue for what its worth.
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 7/26/14 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 27 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 48 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds with mic sound weird on laptop 4 minutes ago
- › How can I use a headphone amp when my system is across the room... 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › Blue Circle Audio "PaG" Custom Headphone Amp - first impressions/... 9 minutes ago
- › in search for some IEM or ear buds 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by twister6
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)