CAN USERS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED ISSUES POST WHETHER THE FIRST TIME THIS HAPPENED YOU WERE WEARING THEM OVER EAR OR STRAIGHT DOWN.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200 Last post on 6/23/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 186
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I sometimes notice condensation on the metal filter housing on my GR01 when i remove them from my ears. The GR01 is all metal and has a screw on metal filter housing. As first i thought maybe it was ear wax, but i notice this even with clean ears.
So i guess it is possible thats its a moisture condensation issue.
H20 mate, i think you said it first happened when you gave them to your mum, can you ask her as well?
Dont know if im onto something here or not but reading back through the thread got me thinking.
Straight down. I don't think the issue has to do with the wires - more like an issue concerning the drum part.
The following experiment should help in building a picture:
Try putting the EPH-100 to work without inserting them in the ears to see if the volume drop shows up under those conditions. Use the same listening pattern as you have used when the volume drop has happened to see what happens.
Every case that has either been pm'd to me or reported here involves wearing them down, I know not why.
In my other little thing, im reading back through page by page (a few pages a day).
As of page 80 there are 77 people who claim to own the eph-100 and only 1 report of the sound drop, after mailing this is found to be cable down and happened only once with never a problem after.
Will get through the other 100 pages eventually but my eyes are starting to bleed lol.
Yeh i always wear over, habit after getting into this hobby in 2000 with the shure e3c (head-fi in 2004, but it was all about ABI back then ;) plus microphonics and that jazz.
lol yeh im waiting for the storm to hit as i progress further through the thread. Wont be anything really definitive but can maybe give some percentages etc.
Have left them overnight a few times, no issue.
Seems to only occur with use within the ear - increases the chance of moisture being the cause
When the sound does die, it continues being in the same state when taken out of the ear
However if left for 20-30 minutes, it goes back to normal.
It's definitely something on the inside of the grills, however blowing/sucking doesn't seem to work very well.
I've had much more success with knocking it against my palm or something a few times, not sure why it would work better by knocking instead of clearing the nozzle by air if it was a moisture issue.
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 58 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 1 minute ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Octave (Mk I - the two chassis version) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What can I replace the V-MODA BoomPro with? 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2