CAN USERS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED ISSUES POST WHETHER THE FIRST TIME THIS HAPPENED YOU WERE WEARING THEM OVER EAR OR STRAIGHT DOWN.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200 Last post on 6/23/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 186
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I sometimes notice condensation on the metal filter housing on my GR01 when i remove them from my ears. The GR01 is all metal and has a screw on metal filter housing. As first i thought maybe it was ear wax, but i notice this even with clean ears.
So i guess it is possible thats its a moisture condensation issue.
H20 mate, i think you said it first happened when you gave them to your mum, can you ask her as well?
Dont know if im onto something here or not but reading back through the thread got me thinking.
Straight down. I don't think the issue has to do with the wires - more like an issue concerning the drum part.
The following experiment should help in building a picture:
Try putting the EPH-100 to work without inserting them in the ears to see if the volume drop shows up under those conditions. Use the same listening pattern as you have used when the volume drop has happened to see what happens.
Every case that has either been pm'd to me or reported here involves wearing them down, I know not why.
In my other little thing, im reading back through page by page (a few pages a day).
As of page 80 there are 77 people who claim to own the eph-100 and only 1 report of the sound drop, after mailing this is found to be cable down and happened only once with never a problem after.
Will get through the other 100 pages eventually but my eyes are starting to bleed lol.
Yeh i always wear over, habit after getting into this hobby in 2000 with the shure e3c (head-fi in 2004, but it was all about ABI back then ;) plus microphonics and that jazz.
lol yeh im waiting for the storm to hit as i progress further through the thread. Wont be anything really definitive but can maybe give some percentages etc.
Have left them overnight a few times, no issue.
Seems to only occur with use within the ear - increases the chance of moisture being the cause
When the sound does die, it continues being in the same state when taken out of the ear
However if left for 20-30 minutes, it goes back to normal.
It's definitely something on the inside of the grills, however blowing/sucking doesn't seem to work very well.
I've had much more success with knocking it against my palm or something a few times, not sure why it would work better by knocking instead of clearing the nozzle by air if it was a moisture issue.
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 12 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › IC: Used HiFiMAN EF-6 in excellent condition. 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 7 minutes ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 7 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 9 minutes ago
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Transforming Our Society through...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)