CAN USERS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED ISSUES POST WHETHER THE FIRST TIME THIS HAPPENED YOU WERE WEARING THEM OVER EAR OR STRAIGHT DOWN.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 186
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I sometimes notice condensation on the metal filter housing on my GR01 when i remove them from my ears. The GR01 is all metal and has a screw on metal filter housing. As first i thought maybe it was ear wax, but i notice this even with clean ears.
So i guess it is possible thats its a moisture condensation issue.
H20 mate, i think you said it first happened when you gave them to your mum, can you ask her as well?
Dont know if im onto something here or not but reading back through the thread got me thinking.
Straight down. I don't think the issue has to do with the wires - more like an issue concerning the drum part.
The following experiment should help in building a picture:
Try putting the EPH-100 to work without inserting them in the ears to see if the volume drop shows up under those conditions. Use the same listening pattern as you have used when the volume drop has happened to see what happens.
Every case that has either been pm'd to me or reported here involves wearing them down, I know not why.
In my other little thing, im reading back through page by page (a few pages a day).
As of page 80 there are 77 people who claim to own the eph-100 and only 1 report of the sound drop, after mailing this is found to be cable down and happened only once with never a problem after.
Will get through the other 100 pages eventually but my eyes are starting to bleed lol.
Yeh i always wear over, habit after getting into this hobby in 2000 with the shure e3c (head-fi in 2004, but it was all about ABI back then ;) plus microphonics and that jazz.
lol yeh im waiting for the storm to hit as i progress further through the thread. Wont be anything really definitive but can maybe give some percentages etc.
Have left them overnight a few times, no issue.
Seems to only occur with use within the ear - increases the chance of moisture being the cause
When the sound does die, it continues being in the same state when taken out of the ear
However if left for 20-30 minutes, it goes back to normal.
It's definitely something on the inside of the grills, however blowing/sucking doesn't seem to work very well.
I've had much more success with knocking it against my palm or something a few times, not sure why it would work better by knocking instead of clearing the nozzle by air if it was a moisture issue.
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › How bright are Grados? 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 3 minutes ago
- › Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 4 minutes ago
- › HD 598 Replacement 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 6 minutes ago
- › EPH100-SL / JVC FXD80 / BRAINWAVZ M2 - Recommendations appreciated 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)