CAN USERS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED ISSUES POST WHETHER THE FIRST TIME THIS HAPPENED YOU WERE WEARING THEM OVER EAR OR STRAIGHT DOWN.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best bass orientated IEM's around $200-300 Last post on 11/16/13 at 5:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 186
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2777 of 35329/9/12 at 6:14pm
I sometimes notice condensation on the metal filter housing on my GR01 when i remove them from my ears. The GR01 is all metal and has a screw on metal filter housing. As first i thought maybe it was ear wax, but i notice this even with clean ears.
So i guess it is possible thats its a moisture condensation issue.post #2778 of 35329/9/12 at 6:15pm
H20 mate, i think you said it first happened when you gave them to your mum, can you ask her as well?
Dont know if im onto something here or not but reading back through the thread got me thinking.post #2779 of 35329/9/12 at 6:24pmpost #2780 of 35329/10/12 at 4:53amQuote:
Straight down. I don't think the issue has to do with the wires - more like an issue concerning the drum part.post #2781 of 35329/10/12 at 5:18amWell for starters, we are probably reading more from those who've had a problem than those who haven't. I have never had a problem with them, I wear them straight down and I have high moisture in my canals. Know then from audiologists comment. Go figure?post #2782 of 35329/10/12 at 5:29ampost #2783 of 35329/11/12 at 6:32pmQuote:
The following experiment should help in building a picture:
Try putting the EPH-100 to work without inserting them in the ears to see if the volume drop shows up under those conditions. Use the same listening pattern as you have used when the volume drop has happened to see what happens.post #2784 of 35329/11/12 at 6:46pm
Every case that has either been pm'd to me or reported here involves wearing them down, I know not why.
In my other little thing, im reading back through page by page (a few pages a day).
As of page 80 there are 77 people who claim to own the eph-100 and only 1 report of the sound drop, after mailing this is found to be cable down and happened only once with never a problem after.
Will get through the other 100 pages eventually but my eyes are starting to bleed lol.post #2785 of 35329/11/12 at 6:53pmpost #2786 of 35329/11/12 at 7:02pm
Yeh i always wear over, habit after getting into this hobby in 2000 with the shure e3c (head-fi in 2004, but it was all about ABI back then ;) plus microphonics and that jazz.
lol yeh im waiting for the storm to hit as i progress further through the thread. Wont be anything really definitive but can maybe give some percentages etc.post #2787 of 35329/11/12 at 8:37pmpost #2788 of 35329/11/12 at 9:36pm
Have left them overnight a few times, no issue.
Seems to only occur with use within the ear - increases the chance of moisture being the cause
When the sound does die, it continues being in the same state when taken out of the ear
However if left for 20-30 minutes, it goes back to normal.
It's definitely something on the inside of the grills, however blowing/sucking doesn't seem to work very well.
I've had much more success with knocking it against my palm or something a few times, not sure why it would work better by knocking instead of clearing the nozzle by air if it was a moisture issue.post #2789 of 35329/12/12 at 1:21amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 57 seconds ago
- › Xbox one coming: looking for wireless dolby headphones with optical... 1 minute ago
- › What equipment would I need to hear the difference between a... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 1 minute ago
- › x can v8 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 3 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for a bass head? 3 minutes ago
- › DT 770's Very Uncomfortable 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Sicher
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe