CAN USERS WHO HAVE EXPERIENCED ISSUES POST WHETHER THE FIRST TIME THIS HAPPENED YOU WERE WEARING THEM OVER EAR OR STRAIGHT DOWN.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/30/12
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 5/30/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 5/30/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 2/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HELP!!! All rounder IEM under $200 Last post on 6/23/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Rap, Trance, Eurodance, pop, electronic <= ($150-$170) Last post on 8/9/12 at 2:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IE8 ? Monster Miles Davis Tribute ? some (relatively) bass-loving ba driver phones? for hard... Last post on 2/25/11 at 8:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon? Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 186
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I sometimes notice condensation on the metal filter housing on my GR01 when i remove them from my ears. The GR01 is all metal and has a screw on metal filter housing. As first i thought maybe it was ear wax, but i notice this even with clean ears.
So i guess it is possible thats its a moisture condensation issue.
H20 mate, i think you said it first happened when you gave them to your mum, can you ask her as well?
Dont know if im onto something here or not but reading back through the thread got me thinking.
Straight down. I don't think the issue has to do with the wires - more like an issue concerning the drum part.
The following experiment should help in building a picture:
Try putting the EPH-100 to work without inserting them in the ears to see if the volume drop shows up under those conditions. Use the same listening pattern as you have used when the volume drop has happened to see what happens.
Every case that has either been pm'd to me or reported here involves wearing them down, I know not why.
In my other little thing, im reading back through page by page (a few pages a day).
As of page 80 there are 77 people who claim to own the eph-100 and only 1 report of the sound drop, after mailing this is found to be cable down and happened only once with never a problem after.
Will get through the other 100 pages eventually but my eyes are starting to bleed lol.
Yeh i always wear over, habit after getting into this hobby in 2000 with the shure e3c (head-fi in 2004, but it was all about ABI back then ;) plus microphonics and that jazz.
lol yeh im waiting for the storm to hit as i progress further through the thread. Wont be anything really definitive but can maybe give some percentages etc.
Have left them overnight a few times, no issue.
Seems to only occur with use within the ear - increases the chance of moisture being the cause
When the sound does die, it continues being in the same state when taken out of the ear
However if left for 20-30 minutes, it goes back to normal.
It's definitely something on the inside of the grills, however blowing/sucking doesn't seem to work very well.
I've had much more success with knocking it against my palm or something a few times, not sure why it would work better by knocking instead of clearing the nozzle by air if it was a moisture issue.
- Yamaha EPH-100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 30 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 42 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › WTB: DX90 2 minutes ago
- › New in the Headphone World Looking for an Amp 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Hello + Computer audio advice 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 2 minutes ago
- › PLEASE HELP. NEED GOOD COMPUTER SPEAKER FOR $150-250 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3