New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha EPH-100 - Page 86

post #1276 of 4109

Hope to get a pair for GBP63 (used) biggrin.gif Itching to do something with the treble when

I get it. EPH-100 and FXT90 I think is the best route for me now biggrin.gif

 

 

I think we're on the same boat. Sold my SM2 and staying away from GR07. Reading on Aurisonics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

But see, I don't really feel certain my tastes are sophisticated enough to want something like GR07; I'm afraid it would be boring compared to my more colored headphones. I was even going to low-ball my desire for the SM3 and go to the SM2. I was really impressed by my Shure SE215, in both mids and bass; the bass can be slightly muddy sometimes and the mids are missing minor details but overall I found them very likeable, whereas I've seen quite a few people who might be more "true audiophiles" express their distaste for the overall SQ of the SE215; to me, it needs more detail in the treble and tightness in the bass, but other than that it's perfect for my ears. Micro-detail in the mids would not be missed if the price was right and everything else was there. Likewise I have a pair of Phiaton MS400 which I feel lack very little with the exception of occasional sibilance and a bit of muddiness in the bass. I worry that phones like the GR07 will be too neutral for me and lack the overall quantity of bass that I want.

 

I'm looking at aurisonics now, which are also said to be neutral-sounding, but only because they are apparently a steal at the current price considering overall SQ, and will likely have the bass and isolation I need.



 

post #1277 of 4109

Aurisonics seem to be a different beast. But lets see if that applies to my personal taste (I guess so).

post #1278 of 4109

And I might have found something that will lead me straight to 'something more' biggrin.gif

Unsubscribing biggrin.gif

post #1279 of 4109

lol

post #1280 of 4109
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post

And I might have found something that will lead me straight to 'something more' biggrin.gif

Unsubscribing biggrin.gif

what might that be :D?
 

 

 

post #1281 of 4109

One question: I have really really small ears, do you think that i can get nice comfort from these?

post #1282 of 4109

Yes, possibly with the SS tips.

post #1283 of 4109
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgiocis View Post

One question: I have really really small ears, do you think that i can get nice comfort from these?



I'm sure yes, because they have 5 differents sizes, and the smaller are extremely thin, almost the thickness of the drive.

 

So I can even walk with two sizes, but they provide different SQ.


Edited by pack21 - 2/19/12 at 3:30am
post #1284 of 4109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

what might that be :D?
 

 Hey man, saw you in youtube. Good looking. lol :P
 

 

post #1285 of 4109
Quote:
Originally Posted by archy121 View Post


 

That's a result !

 

Happy to hear  that pack21 after all you have been through in getting your phones.

 

Best thing is if you already like them this much, wait till you get to 100+ hours wink_face.gif

 

 

Cheers James.

 



I reaches today 100 hours (Using Isotek overnight).

I understand now what you wanted to say. Everything has been improved. Thanks. bigsmile_face.gif

post #1286 of 4109

 

Hey archy121

 

You seem to be up now (and online).

Have u succeeded at all to override your sleeping on the back habit and give my concern about how the EPH100 feels when you sleep on your side a go? Feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

post #1287 of 4109
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

 Hey man, saw you in youtube. Good looking. lol :P
 

 


wink wink nudge nudge - here's my number: 

1337

 

Yes 4 numbers.

 

:D

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Virco View Post

 

Hey archy121

 

You seem to be up now (and online).

Have u succeeded at all to override your sleeping on the back habit and give my concern about how the EPH100 feels when you sleep on your side a go? Feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers,


hehe -> I doubt they would be comfortable, but that might just be my bad assumption of their design...

 

 

post #1288 of 4109

Well, that's exactly behind me asking someone who said sleeps with them on, not wanting to go on assumptions tongue_smile.gif

By looking at them I would also say they could be rather uncomfortable, but hey, nothing beats actual empirical experience. Granted we all have different ears and what could be unpleasant for one might very well be perfectly acceptable for someone else, but short of trying them on myself asking current users is the best I can do.

Last night I fell asleep while wearing the HF5 and at some point it became so unpleasant I woke up and removed them, and you wouldn't say that by looking at the design of the Etys.

post #1289 of 4109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virco View Post

Well, that's exactly behind me asking someone who said sleeps with them on, not wanting to go on assumptions tongue_smile.gif

By looking at them I would also say they could be rather uncomfortable, but hey, nothing beats actual empirical experience. Granted we all have different ears and what could be unpleasant for one might very well be perfectly acceptable for someone else, but short of trying them on myself asking current users is the best I can do.

Last night I fell asleep while wearing the HF5 and at some point it became so unpleasant I woke up and removed them, and you wouldn't say that by looking at the design of the Etys.

true - i wonder myself how some are.

 

I know for a fact that most of the ones I've ever owned are uncomfortable.

Apart from the CX400/CX500's though.

 

The Image X10's and as you said the HF's are the only others that I felt "these would be good to sleep on"

 

These earphones remind me somewhat of how "out" the Sony EX500's were.

 

post #1290 of 4109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virco View Post

 

Hey archy121

 

You seem to be up now (and online).

Have u succeeded at all to override your sleeping on the back habit and give my concern about how the EPH100 feels when you sleep on your side a go? Feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers,


Virco, just for you i tried lying sidewards with head on pillows  - no discomfort.

 

Although i only managed about 15 minutes before slipping back to my normal comfortable position on back - sorry. But if they were uncomfortable it would have been the case pretty much straight away.

 

So as long as you have pillows you will be ok. PM Huxley if you want his opinion on gym use.

 

 


Edited by archy121 - 2/19/12 at 7:49am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: