Maybe Senn targeted the HD800 specifically for those that have tube amps? IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- In the Market Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
Pictures metaphoring the sound of your headphones - Page 48post #706 of 9673/14/12 at 5:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 9673/14/12 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by roBernd
I seriously can't understand why people listen to Grados? I guess it's an American thing. (haters gonna hate)
every Grado in a nutshell (shamelessly ripped from a Beyerdynamic impression... still fittig for their current lineup as well)
I know there is a lot of crap on the market ~99%, even today's giants like the LCD2/3 have massive flaws which have to be modded.
Hell, even the HD800 is horrid without the newer mods and tubes to cure the treble peak.
The only stock can without any massive flaws I can think of is the HD600.Quote:
I don't think that it is fair to call the 800 horrid. Sure, you may not like it's sig, but you have to appreciate it's technical prowess. I actually love the 800 (as well as the 600).post #708 of 9673/14/12 at 9:12ampost #709 of 9673/14/12 at 12:17pmpost #710 of 9673/14/12 at 1:48pmpost #711 of 9673/14/12 at 2:16pmpost #712 of 9673/14/12 at 2:44pmQuote:
The 800's sound great with the grace. Got to a/b them with the grace and a darkvoice 336se at a local meet awhile back.post #713 of 9673/14/12 at 3:09pmpost #714 of 9673/14/12 at 3:49pmpost #715 of 9673/14/12 at 3:54pmpost #716 of 9673/14/12 at 6:10pmpost #717 of 9673/14/12 at 8:52pmpost #718 of 9673/15/12 at 2:18ampost #719 of 9673/15/12 at 5:17amQuote:
I'll be picking one up in a few days, excited upgrade from the good and trusty fiio combo! How do they sound?
- Pictures metaphoring the sound of your headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 11 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 23 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 35 seconds ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › OHIO Meeting？Columbus/Cincy/Cleveland 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear