or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Who works on audio technology?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who works on audio technology?

post #1 of 2
Thread Starter 

This question has been bugging me for a while, partly because I figured the answer would be more obvious. Who are the guys who work with the design of headphones, speakers and whatnot? Getting the acoustics just right, developing the  sound signature and basically engineering the products?
The obvious term to google would be "sound engineer" but that has quite a different meaning, and googling "audio engineer" lead me to more sound engineering related pages.


Few parts are obvious, electrical engineers of somesort have to be involved, someone to design the padding and such. But ultimately it has to create good sound, and I can't for the life of me figure out what the background you would have to work with it. What created the question was just some product description describing the care the engineers had put into every detail of the headphone. I imagine mostly everyone working on headphone and speaker design has an idea of how sound works in the listening sense (ie not just knowing the physics behind it).


Well, figured this would be a good place to ask.

post #2 of 2

acoustical engineers

electronics engineers

mechanical engineers

industrial designers

perhaps some biological or neurological type specialists would be helpful.

Other technical types with knowledge of music production.


And, the most important people of all.


Marketing/PR experts.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Science
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › Who works on audio technology?