Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread - Page 12

post #166 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Sadly Perth doesn't seem to have many active Head-Fiers and a new thread would probably last less than 1 page ;-). The OP himself was last online 2 months ago ;-). 

 

 

Let's try to have a mini meet even if the rest of Perth Head-Fi are busy. I'm around for 3 weeks so I could easily have a couple of meets going on there.

 

Will do. 24th would probably be the easiest (assuming I have the time), as otherwise, I'll be down south. 

post #167 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Time for a bump! I'm heading back to Oz around 21st March -> 8th April. Don't think I'll be bringing so much heavy gear (except something for temporaryname if he's still interested), so more like mini components. Let me know if there's anything of particular interest for me to bring back for you to listen :-

 

1) VentureCraft Go-DAP DD Socket 1 OPA627 version

2) ALO The International

3) Rhapsodio RDB+ (uncertain which version...right now v2.0 but will be testing v1 later and decide which one to keep and which one to return)

4) FitEar MH335DW (but this is custom so unless your ears fit mine)

5) iRiver AK100 Red Wine modded (aka RWAK100)

 

Others which I may or may not bring back depending on 

1) iBasso DX100 (temporaryname has one so one could always try his)

 

2) VentureCraft Go-DAP X LME version

3) RSA SR-71b upgraded (for sale if anyone wants)

4) CLAS -dB (But Room40 already has this so you guys could always try his)
5) MAYBE the Fostex TH-900 but that'll depend on weight
 
Let me know :-
 
a) what would be of interest from the above
b) when to meet
c) where to meet

 

You betcha I'm still interested!

 

As for availability, I'm free from the 24th to the 27th, and then possibly again from the 1st to the 4th. I'd love to see the MH335DW's in person. :)

post #168 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Time for a bump! I'm heading back to Oz around 21st March -> 8th April. Don't think I'll be bringing so much heavy gear (except something for temporaryname if he's still interested), so more like mini components. Let me know if there's anything of particular interest for me to bring back for you to listen :-

 

1) VentureCraft Go-DAP DD Socket 1 OPA627 version

2) ALO The International

3) Rhapsodio RDB+ (uncertain which version...right now v2.0 but will be testing v1 later and decide which one to keep and which one to return)

4) FitEar MH335DW (but this is custom so unless your ears fit mine)

5) iRiver AK100 Red Wine modded (aka RWAK100)

 

Others which I may or may not bring back depending on 

1) iBasso DX100 (temporaryname has one so one could always try his)

 

2) VentureCraft Go-DAP X LME version

3) RSA SR-71b upgraded (for sale if anyone wants)

4) CLAS -dB (But Room40 already has this so you guys could always try his)
5) MAYBE the Fostex TH-900 but that'll depend on weight
 
Let me know :-
 
a) what would be of interest from the above
b) when to meet
c) where to meet

I'm up for a covert/coffee meet. Maybe a PM should start

 

Will let Temporaryname take the lead on location/time as last time there was confusion here.

 

  • can bring LCD3s although we may hit ninja status on the "geekometer" wearing those in a cafe
  • -dB
  • ALO RX3B
  • Sony MDR-1RNC

 

I'd like to have a listen to the M9 smile.gif and the AK100 with a DB2 if anybody has one???

 

post #169 of 277

Oh yeah, I can bring:

 

- Paradox (my new fav)

- Thunderpants

- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm

- Old Yamaha's (same model as last time)

- Fit Ear TG!334's (got a SPC BTG cable being shipped as we speak)

- iBasso DX100

 

Also have an O2 amp desktop variant if anyone wants to buy it. I can bring it to the meet. Thinking of selling the Thunderpants if anyone wants them too. PM if interested. I'll do a lower price if it's in person.

post #170 of 277
Thread Starter 

Guys i'm back... Flew off the radar for a while there as I was building a speaker/turntable setup. I'm currently trying to sort out a new headphone rig which should rock hard. So if you guys are still keen for a meet i'll be there.

post #171 of 277
I think between Cravenz, TempName, & I will be meeting on 24th for a start. I'll be in Perth for almost 3 weeks so will have a chance for another meet.
post #172 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

I think between Cravenz, TempName, & I will be meeting on 24th for a start. I'll be in Perth for almost 3 weeks so will have a chance for another meet.

Hey count me in.. just let me know where and when as I will fit in with TN's shifts

post #173 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Room40 View Post

Hey count me in.. just let me know where and when as I will fit in with TN's shifts

 

That's good news - so that makes 4. OK so up to TN's call since he'll have the busiest sched.

post #174 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

That's good news - so that makes 4. OK so up to TN's call since he'll have the busiest sched.

I've just had some of my schedule free up. From the 1st to the 12th of April I'm free. The 24th to the 27th is still available as well. This should make it easier for the rest of us to find a mutually convenient date.
post #175 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post


I've just had some of my schedule free up. From the 1st to the 12th of April I'm free. The 24th to the 27th is still available as well. This should make it easier for the rest of us to find a mutually convenient date.

 

So looks like the list for 24th will look something like this :-

 

TemporaryName

Room40

cravenz (24th date chosen for you mate before you go down south)

AnakChan

deniall (??)

...anyone else??...

 

TN, as per Room40, I think you have the honours of choosing a place. What time is suitable for most ppl? Happy leaving TN to choose the time too? I'm good anytime I believe.

 

I could bring back the M9 ;-) (which means I'll probably leave my Nikon gear behind then :-

 

1) RWAK100

2) MH335DW

3) Rhapsodio RDB+ v2 (still no v1 yet :-(...maybe that'll be sent to Perth instead)

4) VentureCraft Go-DAP X (LME version)

 

Unless really wanted, leaving behind :-

a) VentureCraft Go-DAP DD Socket 1 OPA627 version
b) Ultrasone Signature DJ

 

Never took up The International offer. Opted to keep the Rx Mk3 instead.

post #176 of 277
Thread Starter 
The 24th of April? If so I'm in..
post #177 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniall View Post

The 24th of April? If so I'm in..

 

Sadly 24th March as in next weekend. Reck'n U could make it?

post #178 of 277
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Sadly 24th March as in next weekend. Reck'n U could make it?

I'm going down south that weekend frown.gif
post #179 of 277

Geez what a funny timing, I was just reading through an old thread on Whirlpool where this thread was mentioned. Didn't think it was relevant but clicked anyway and found out you guys are supposed to meet tomorrow?! ha ha that is soooooo funny!!

 

Anyway is this still happening?

 

Not sure I can make it on such a short notice but maybe... can someone PM me details please?

 

Much appreciated.

 

PS I don't have that much gear I can bring if I come:

- Fischer Audio FA-011 (old revision)

- DT770 32ohms (if I swing by the office)

- Shure DJ750

- Sennheiser HD-25 II

- O2 Amp (at the office with the 770s)

So really run of the mill headphones IMO.. except maybe the FA-011 if you guys have never heard them before.

 

PPS

If this doesn't happen or if I can't make it I'll be up for having another meeting if anyone else is keen

post #180 of 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientWsidom View Post

Geez what a funny timing, I was just reading through an old thread on Whirlpool where this thread was mentioned. Didn't think it was relevant but clicked anyway and found out you guys are supposed to meet tomorrow?! ha ha that is soooooo funny!!

 

Anyway is this still happening?

 

Not sure I can make it on such a short notice but maybe... can someone PM me details please?

 

Much appreciated.

 

PS I don't have that much gear I can bring if I come:

- Fischer Audio FA-011 (old revision)

- DT770 32ohms (if I swing by the office)

- Shure DJ750

- Sennheiser HD-25 II

- O2 Amp (at the office with the 770s)

So really run of the mill headphones IMO.. except maybe the FA-011 if you guys have never heard them before.

 

PPS

If this doesn't happen or if I can't make it I'll be up for having another meeting if anyone else is keen

 

So it's not happening tomorrow (today 24th March) anymore, although I'm still meeting TN just for general chat (audio & non-audio). The Perth Head-Fi meet has now been tentatively changed to Wed evening (27th March). Any takers for this date?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread