Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread - Page 11

post #151 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post

Anak, can you bring the SR-009? I can bring some stax most likely. Lambda Sig + T1, if you object to running your 009 out of a T1, since I recall you weren't going to bring a stax amp for the one I missed.


I havent tried running my DAC out of my slowly dying laptop in ages, but it shouldn't be too bad, maybe a bit clicky depending on the latency. I'd have to rip my dac out of the rack.

What kind of location is this taking place in? A coffee house? Not my cup of tea biggrin.gif

 

Sorry, unfortunately way too late mate ;-). I asked a week ago if anyone wanted anything for me to bring. I'm actually here now in Perth and left my SR-009 back in Tokyo.

post #152 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Lol! OK  So far just TempName & Room40. If I may suggest 4th Dec then 6:30 p.m.? Room40 can suggest a location near Cott?

 

I'll bring my TG!334's balanced 000. If someone could please bring the Rx Mk3, and I don't believe anyone has their CLAS(-dB or original), I've got straight iDevice LOD so we could do a bit of a compromised listen. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to give those Smeggy's TP another listen.

 

Date/Location: 6:30 p.m. 4th Dec near Cott

Attendees: Room40, TempName, AnakChan

Gear:

[AC] TG!334 SE cable

[AC] 000 Balanced

[AC] VentureCraft Go-DAP X

[AC] V-Moda M-100

[TN] LCD-2

[??] ALO Rx Mk3

[??] Smeggy TP's

 

I still have everyone's phone numbers so can SMS. And I'm still using the same prepaid #. If you don't know it, please PM me.

I'll bring the Thunder(pants)!, LCD-2's if I can and my TG!334's and DX100. Going to be a pretty heavy backpack.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Room40 View Post

I will bring the RX3B..and my DX100

 

TN are you ok with Cott or do you want to meet somewhere closer in the city for e.g. 

Cott should be fine, especially if it's close to the train line. I don't mind going for a stroll. :)

 

 

 

In regards to SR-009's, I would love to hear them (even though I'm a little afraid they will ruin everything else for me).

post #153 of 267

Oh, and my sound engineer friend would like to know if he can come?

post #154 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryname View Post

Oh, and my sound engineer friend would like to know if he can come?
He's the chap I met the last time? Sure!! The more, the merrier!!
post #155 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

He's the chap I met the last time? Sure!! The more, the merrier!!

Yep, same one. :)

post #156 of 267
So Room40, decided on a location yet?
post #157 of 267

ok will PM from now on

post #158 of 267

HA! I missed out again. Never mind :) 

Hopefully next time I'm on the 8 ball ;) 

post #159 of 267

Yeah looks like I missed out on 2 meetings haha...

 

I am still keen on a meetup for Perth, maybe the next time AnakChan is back here, as I am extremely keen to hear them TG!334 pair - could I please kindly ask anyone to PM me if anyone is organising another meetup?

post #160 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvkool View Post

Yeah looks like I missed out on 2 meetings haha...

I am still keen on a meetup for Perth, maybe the next time AnakChan is back here, as I am extremely keen to hear them TG!334 pair - could I please kindly ask anyone to PM me if anyone is organising another meetup?
Bummer! I sold my TG!334 last week! But I believe TemporaryName has one & he's based in Perth. I'm most likely going back for another holiday in March anyway so I'll keep you guys updated :-).
post #161 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Bummer! I sold my TG!334 last week! But I believe TemporaryName has one & he's based in Perth. I'm most likely going back for another holiday in March anyway so I'll keep you guys updated :-).

 

That's correct. djvkool, feel free to send me a pm.

post #162 of 267

Time for a bump! I'm heading back to Oz around 21st March -> 8th April. Don't think I'll be bringing so much heavy gear (except something for temporaryname if he's still interested), so more like mini components. Let me know if there's anything of particular interest for me to bring back for you to listen :-

 

1) VentureCraft Go-DAP DD Socket 1 OPA627 version

2) ALO The International

3) Rhapsodio RDB+ (uncertain which version...right now v2.0 but will be testing v1 later and decide which one to keep and which one to return)

4) FitEar MH335DW (but this is custom so unless your ears fit mine)

5) iRiver AK100 Red Wine modded (aka RWAK100)

 

Others which I may or may not bring back depending on 

1) iBasso DX100 (temporaryname has one so one could always try his)

 

2) VentureCraft Go-DAP X LME version

3) RSA SR-71b upgraded (for sale if anyone wants)

4) CLAS -dB (But Room40 already has this so you guys could always try his)
5) MAYBE the Fostex TH-900 but that'll depend on weight
 
Let me know :-
 
a) what would be of interest from the above
b) when to meet
c) where to meet
post #163 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Time for a bump! I'm heading back to Oz around 21st March -> 8th April. Don't think I'll be bringing so much heavy gear (except something for temporaryname if he's still interested), so more like mini components. Let me know if there's anything of particular interest for me to bring back for you to listen :-

1) VentureCraft Go-DAP DD Socket 1 OPA627 version
2) ALO The International

3) Rhapsodio RDB+ (uncertain which version...right now v2.0 but will be testing v1 later and decide which one to keep and which one to return)
4) FitEar MH335DW (but this is custom so unless your ears fit mine)
5) iRiver AK100 Red Wine modded (aka RWAK100)

Others which I may or may not bring back depending on 
1) iBasso DX100 (temporaryname has one so one could always try his)

2) VentureCraft Go-DAP X LME version
3) RSA SR-71b upgraded (for sale if anyone wants)
4) CLAS -dB (But Room40 already has this so you guys could always try his)
5) MAYBE the Fostex TH-900 but that'll depend on weight
 
Let me know :-
 
a) what would be of interest from the above
b) when to meet
c) where to meet


you guys need a separate thread for a 2013 meet lol or is this a covert minimeet?
post #164 of 267
I'll be in Perth from 18 - 24 March but will be going around with family cos of my graduation.
post #165 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post


you guys need a separate thread for a 2013 meet lol or is this a covert minimeet?

 

Sadly Perth doesn't seem to have many active Head-Fiers and a new thread would probably last less than 1 page ;-). The OP himself was last online 2 months ago ;-). 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post

I'll be in Perth from 18 - 24 March but will be going around with family cos of my graduation.

 

Let's try to have a mini meet even if the rest of Perth Head-Fi are busy. I'm around for 3 weeks so I could easily have a couple of meets going on there.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread