New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RockBox For HiFiman HM601 and for HM801 - Page 22

post #316 of 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

I know. You might even be quoting me on that. (?)

Unfortunately I don't have the older firmware ...

 

Here is 0.19 - the best version in my opinion.

 

Here is the previous version of rockbox with 0.19.

 

I will upload the newer version after the next rockbox update.


Edited by HungryDaze - 5/2/12 at 10:57am
post #317 of 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryDaze View Post

Here is 0.19 - the best version in my opinion.

 

Here is the previous version of rockbox with 0.19.

 

I will upload the newer version after the next rockbox update.

Really nice of you. Thanks a lot!

BTW: What about v0.20 didn't you like? (The newest is v0.21)

post #318 of 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

Really nice of you. Thanks a lot!

BTW: What about v0.20 didn't you like? (The newest is v0.21)

 

Didn't try v0.20. :) I don't like v0.21 because of stupid auto power off. In v0.19 it's much better. 


Edited by HungryDaze - 5/2/12 at 11:13am
post #319 of 357

Rockbox was updated again.normal_smile%20.gif


Edited by HungryDaze - 5/4/12 at 2:45am
post #320 of 357

How do we do this on a Mac?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryDaze View Post

New build: http://build.rockbox.org/

 

New bootloader: http://download.rockbox.org/bootloader/hifiman/

 

Instalation/uninstalation: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/HifimanPort

 

wink_face.gif

post #321 of 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ade_hall View Post

How do we do this on a Mac?

 

Not a clue. Try asking the developers here.

post #322 of 357

Finally upgraded my 602 to Rockbox based on mostly positive feedback throughout this post. I am happy that I did!

The installation was quite easy. There are no Mac specific instructions so I used a Windows virtual machine to edit the .IMG file. I am sure this can be done on a Mac but I could not find a simple way to do it. This is definitely not as easy as installing Rockbox through the RB Utility on a supported stable build (I got it installed and running beautifully on an iPod Mini 2G with a large Compact Flash) but I did not encounter any issues.

 

Generally I really like it. It is dramatically better to use compared with the original firmware which I find horrible. Nice to have many of the luxuries you get with any modern DAP - from gapless to artwork. Soundwise I cannot hear any difference when playing the same tracks through the Rockbox or the original firmware (you can still boot into the original one with no problem - nice to have).

 

Battery life seems much shorter as others reported. My 602 heats much more than before so I guess something inside the case is working harder at playing the same music. Quite handy in the UK winter to warm my hands but I would trade the heat for longer battery life bigsmile_face.gif

 

EDIT:
I also had trouble initialising the Rockbox database - it seems to be stuck with the "Building Database" independently of which tracks I load on the SD card. This was with a Kingston Type 4 SD which works well with the original firmware. I swapped the SD for an ultrafast Sandisk Extreme (which never worked with the Hifiman original firmware) and now the database initialises and works beautifully!


Edited by YGAL - 5/10/12 at 6:57am
post #323 of 357

I'm getting random 'Data abort at...' crashes with the new version

 

What's the best way of installing a previous version?

 

Edit - Installed HungryDaze's 'previous version of rockbox with 0.19' above and .rockbox 04/03 from http://www.forum.mycroft.su/index.php?showtopic=99&st=0&p=2595&#entry2595

 

Thanks HungryDaze


Edited by ade_hall - 5/3/12 at 2:54pm
post #324 of 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ade_hall View Post

I'm getting random 'Data abort at...' crashes with the new version

 

What's the best way of installing a previous version?

 

Edit - Installed HungryDaze's 'previous version of rockbox with 0.19' above and .rockbox 04/03 from http://www.forum.mycroft.su/index.php?showtopic=99&st=0&p=2595&#entry2595

 

Thanks HungryDaze

You are the first one who has such an error... New version works fine on my device. On russian forum there were no complayints at all. With the last update HM-801 heats less and workes more than 7 hours. I advise you to try it out again. Instalation process is described in the rockbox wiki.


Edited by HungryDaze - 5/4/12 at 8:40am
post #325 of 357

HM-801 Rockbox + 0.19

post #326 of 357

Thanks HungryDaze, I installed from Mac and Windows (via VMware Fusion) but still got random crashes. Don't know what I'm doing wrong but the version you have posted is working, and what's more it seems to have fixed the ALAC freezing issues I was having with the previous version!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryDaze View Post

HM-801 Rockbox + 0.19

 

If anyone's interested in being able to mount the original HM-801.IMG firmware on a Mac, enter the following in Terminal:

 

hdiutil attach -imagekey diskimage-class=CRawDiskImage -nomount filename

 

e.g.

 

hdiutil attach -imagekey diskimage-class=CRawDiskImage -nomount /Users/Ade/Rockbox/r6_5th_May_2012/HM-801.IMG

 

Terminal should then display something like:

 

/dev/disk2  

 

Now Enter:

 

hdiutil mount /dev/disk2
 
Terminal will now display:
 
/dev/disk2                                         /Volumes/Untitled
 

The .IMG should now be mounted as 'Untitled' above

post #327 of 357

Perfect - exactly what I needed,

Mounting the HM-602.IMG worked exactly as described by ade_hall on my Mac. 

Next Rockbox update will be Mac only for me - no need for a Windows virtual machine smily_headphones1.gif

post #328 of 357

Just got a 64gb card for my 603. It was a real PITA to make it work with the player and then with Rock box. If any one is trying this and having problems let me know and I can try to help. Now I have an 80gb (75 actually) FLAC player but can only use 60gb with RockBox.  Regardless I still love the sound of this thing with my Magnums.

post #329 of 357
Hello, i recently purchased the HM-601 slim. Just wanted to makie sure I am reading things correctly. Rockbox is not running on the slim, if so I will delete the files I downloaded. That's a bummer, was hoping to use Rockbox. FWIW, I don't find the stock UI as terrible as it is made out to be. It actually resembles the very first PMP I owned, a Creative Zen Jukebox. This was before the Ipod was around. Well I guess I will check periodically to see if Rockbox ever becomes operable on the slim.
post #330 of 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skp44 View Post

Hello, i recently purchased the HM-601 slim. Just wanted to makie sure I am reading things correctly. Rockbox is not running on the slim, if so I will delete the files I downloaded. That's a bummer, was hoping to use Rockbox. FWIW, I don't find the stock UI as terrible as it is made out to be. It actually resembles the very first PMP I owned, a Creative Zen Jukebox. This was before the Ipod was around. Well I guess I will check periodically to see if Rockbox ever becomes operable on the slim.

 

You are lucky. Rockbox now supports slims. https://www.box.com/s/2c1bc13f50a2dde3e98a Bootloader for slims.


Edited by HungryDaze - 7/4/12 at 1:19pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home