Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Monster Turbine Pro Gold/Copper w/ Controltalk Price Drop?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Monster Turbine Pro Gold/Copper w/ Controltalk Price Drop?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

So I had purchased my Monster Turbine Golds and paid roughly $300 after tax from best buy. After a week or so I was determined to get my hands on the Copper Pros as I hear they are more balanced and produce more detail. Well yesterday I just notice that all the ControlTalk versions seemed to have dropped their prices on amazon quite a bit: Copper at $244 and Golds at $198. The versions with no ControlTalk are still the same prices as they were before. I'm just wondering if there is a reason for this price drop? Is there something wrong with the ControlTalk version? Is there a difference in sound quality versus the non ControlTalk?

 

Chris

post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMax View Post

So I had purchased my Monster Turbine Golds and paid roughly $300 after tax from best buy. After a week or so I was determined to get my hands on the Copper Pros as I hear they are more balanced and produce more detail. Well yesterday I just notice that all the ControlTalk versions seemed to have dropped their prices on amazon quite a bit: Copper at $244 and Golds at $198. The versions with no ControlTalk are still the same prices as they were before. I'm just wondering if there is a reason for this price drop? Is there something wrong with the ControlTalk version? Is there a difference in sound quality versus the non ControlTalk?

 

Chris


They sound the same but sometimes awkward because of where the remote/mic is and the chin slider becomes useless. Also, the price for them changes all the time on Amazon, I've seen the Coppers and Golds for <$200.

 

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
I was actually about to buy the coppers for $325 on Amazon last night but in the day I was browsing around on of the local electronics store (fry's) when I saw them on display. Unfortunately they only had the controltalk version for $400 but they do price match online and Amazon had them for $244 as I was shocked when the non control talk versions were at $300 still.
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by -y0- View Post

They sound the same but sometimes awkward because of where the remote/mic is and the chin slider becomes useless. Also, the price for them changes all the time on Amazon, I've seen the Coppers and Golds for <$200.

 



Yep. I personally got the Coppers(non-mic) for $189. biggrin.gif

post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 

Honestly I rather have the non-controltalk if I'd be able to get it for $189. The mic controller quality is just horrible and flimsy. You can just hear the plastic parts moving around while handling the headphones.

post #6 of 11

Are these headphones still worth buying?  There's $400 on Amazon.  

 

 

post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbarakat View Post

Are these headphones still worth buying?  There's $400 on Amazon.  

 

 



At that price-probably not.

 

Much better alternatives out there if you're intending to spend $400.

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 

For the price they are still worth it in my opinion. That being said would i buy them for 400, no. This past holiday season the monster turbine coppers w control talk went for 220 on amazon. i would wait for them to go on sale. Same opinion with sennheisers top iem as they did the same also.

 

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSlimSeto View Post



At that price-probably not.

 

Much better alternatives out there if you're intending to spend $400.

  Really....Like what? 
 

 

post #10 of 11

Be careful of the fake though rolleyes.gif

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKim View Post

Be careful of the fake though rolleyes.gif



That's why im scared to buy used or refurbished. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Monster Turbine Pro Gold/Copper w/ Controltalk Price Drop?