New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH-3A SIGHTINGS in the WILD - Page 16

post #226 of 244

ALRAINBOW has both PP6 and JH3A

post #227 of 244

But I personally believe that the new version of JH3A with freq phase monitors sound better when used without amp. And no one knows how PP6 will sound without amp and crossovers in a cable seams to be hard to make sound good according to Jerry Harvey. The ability to use the CIEMs without the amp is worth a lot I think.

post #228 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

No Optical in, and USB limited to 16/44  frown.gif

 

JH-3A seems indeed a top performer...  It is just too bad that COAX seems to be the only good "digital in" solution !  

 

-> This limitation may lead me to buy the UM PP6 instead (since I have a iRIVER AK100 as a source). 

 

--> Has someone compared the sound quality of the  JH-3A  to  the UM PP6 ?

 

Well, for coax out you can get Fiio X3, costing 1/3 of AK100.

post #229 of 244

 -- deleted --


Edited by Rico613 - 5/25/13 at 9:11pm
post #230 of 244

Hi jp11801, can you please teach me how to connect my sony walkman through coax to the jh3a???  After seeing pics and posts,i am confused right now. 

 

post #231 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bina View Post

 

Well, for coax out you can get Fiio X3, costing 1/3 of AK100.

So if i bought the X3 i will need this Fiio L12S 3.5mm toslink to 3.5mm mini toslink optical cable (http://store.treoo.com/main/fiio-l12s-3-5mm-mini-toslink-to-3-5mm-mini-toslink-optical-cable.html#.UbM-8vkwd8G to plug into the jh3a coax input,by this i will have a 'killer portable system' ? Am i correct? 

post #232 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonxff View Post

Hi jp11801, can you please teach me how to connect my sony walkman through coax to the jh3a???  After seeing pics and posts,i am confused right now. 

 

 

If your walkman has a mini 3.5mm coax out you would need a cable that a 3.5mm coax on one end & 3.5 trrs connecter on the other end to connect to the 3a. Contact Drew at moon audio he can make you one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonxff View Post

So if i bought the X3 i will need this Fiio L12S 3.5mm toslink to 3.5mm mini toslink optical cable (http://store.treoo.com/main/fiio-l12s-3-5mm-mini-toslink-to-3-5mm-mini-toslink-optical-cable.html#.UbM-8vkwd8G to plug into the jh3a coax input,by this i will have a 'killer portable system' ? Am i correct? 

The 3a will not accept toslink as a input.

post #233 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozebuttons View Post

If your walkman has a mini 3.5mm coax out you would need a cable that a 3.5mm coax on one end & 3.5 trrs connecter on the other end to connect to the 3a. Contact Drew at moon audio he can make you one.

The 3a will not accept toslink as a input.

So can you please tell me what cable should i use to connect the X3 to JH3A digitally? Where can i find such cable? 

post #234 of 244

You have to contact some cable manufacturer or made it by your own. You need cable for coax and two 3,5 mm jacks, one of them needs to be trrs. There is nothing like that on market right now.

post #235 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonxff View Post

So can you please tell me what cable should i use to connect the X3 to JH3A digitally? Where can i find such cable? 


http://www.moon-audio.com/     Drew can make it for you.

post #236 of 244

Does anyone here ever thinked of getting the Fiio X3 + JH3A(JH 16 Pro) combo? I know maybe the X3 might not be a great DAP,but i think its not bad with all the features at  that price range...


Edited by jasonxff - 6/13/13 at 10:11am
post #237 of 244

^ it's what I'm thinking.  I thought there was a digital coax out from the X3 that would go into the JHa3 . . . maybe I was wrong about that?

post #238 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonxff View Post

Does anyone here ever thinked of getting the Fiio X3 + JH3A(JH 16 Pro) combo? I know maybe the X3 might not be a great DAP,but i think its not bad with all the features at  that price range...
I am doing exactly that. I have moon making me the cable and the jh3-a should be here Sat.
post #239 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonxff View Post
 

Does anyone here ever thinked of getting the Fiio X3 + JH3A(JH 16 Pro) combo? I know maybe the X3 might not be a great DAP,but i think its not bad with all the features at  that price range...

Been doing that since the X3 came out. No real comparison between the X3 amp section when just using the 16's with the adapter to headphone out and the 3A when using coax from  X3, two different worlds. One thing I did notice at first was that there seemed to be a problem with 24/192 between the two. Lots of stuttering, etc. I don't know if it's because the 3A is capped at 24/96 but it doe 24/96 fine. Haven't tried again since. For the price it's a good deal but I can't speak a whole lot about the X3 as I use just the coax with 3A about 90 % of the time and line out with my car for the rest. I hear Toyota is coming out with a coax in car.

post #240 of 244
McMaz is the cable you are using a 2 pole mini to TRS mini? That's what I ordered from moon. And I'm only 80% sure that's the right config
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: