Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 5/23/14 at 9:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 213
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 32215/15/14 at 1:31pmpost #3183 of 32215/15/14 at 7:59pmQuote:
Not too sure really...loved mine from day one...they get daily use, roughly 2, maybe three hours a day. No changes noted...I could be a wooden-eared fool though, whose brain simply acclimates easily.post #3184 of 32215/15/14 at 8:03pm
hey there fellers, been a while since i now only own one sr80 driver, no mags. Heres the deal, im getting some lumber in, a piece of zebrawood actually got here today, its about the right height for a shorter depth cup, anyone tried zebrawood? been to long and dont feel like searching. Ill have enough leftover from making my daughter some toys to either ship for free the leftover to someone here or try and see if zebra is workable for a cup.post #3185 of 32215/16/14 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by hemipowered007
hey there fellers, been a while since i now only own one sr80 driver, no mags. Heres the deal, im getting some lumber in, a piece of zebrawood actually got here today, its about the right height for a shorter depth cup, anyone tried zebrawood? been to long and dont feel like searching. Ill have enough leftover from making my daughter some toys to either ship for free the leftover to someone here or try and see if zebra is workable for a cup.
Jim turned a pair a little while back...I liked it, its a softer wood, which meant a warmer sound. Not my daily cup of tea, but pretty (even just oiled) and fun-sounding.
I think Headphile still does cups in Zebrawood occasionally.post #3186 of 32215/16/14 at 9:42pmpost #3187 of 32215/18/14 at 4:05pmQuote:
Between 4 and 87 hours.post #3188 of 32215/22/14 at 8:22pmpost #3189 of 32215/24/14 at 2:25ampost #3190 of 32215/24/14 at 3:07ampost #3191 of 32215/24/14 at 3:32am
In the end, I bought a second-hand pair of wooden Magnums and I was surprised how much darker they sound compared to my two original aluminium builds.post #3192 of 32215/24/14 at 5:59ampost #3193 of 32215/24/14 at 6:00ampost #3194 of 32215/28/14 at 3:49pmpost #3195 of 32215/29/14 at 2:05am
There are also the $19.99 Ear Zonk pads on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW4RWH2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=30XE24IE8WQU9&coliid=I1HNS53I5668SA although other forumers have reported them to be not terribly durable.
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions 18 seconds ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 24 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 36 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 50 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › New member looking for computer audio help 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › I will surely hate myself 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)