Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 5/23/14 at 9:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 213
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 32225/15/14 at 1:31pmpost #3183 of 32225/15/14 at 7:59pmQuote:
Not too sure really...loved mine from day one...they get daily use, roughly 2, maybe three hours a day. No changes noted...I could be a wooden-eared fool though, whose brain simply acclimates easily.post #3184 of 32225/15/14 at 8:03pm
hey there fellers, been a while since i now only own one sr80 driver, no mags. Heres the deal, im getting some lumber in, a piece of zebrawood actually got here today, its about the right height for a shorter depth cup, anyone tried zebrawood? been to long and dont feel like searching. Ill have enough leftover from making my daughter some toys to either ship for free the leftover to someone here or try and see if zebra is workable for a cup.post #3185 of 32225/16/14 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by hemipowered007
hey there fellers, been a while since i now only own one sr80 driver, no mags. Heres the deal, im getting some lumber in, a piece of zebrawood actually got here today, its about the right height for a shorter depth cup, anyone tried zebrawood? been to long and dont feel like searching. Ill have enough leftover from making my daughter some toys to either ship for free the leftover to someone here or try and see if zebra is workable for a cup.
Jim turned a pair a little while back...I liked it, its a softer wood, which meant a warmer sound. Not my daily cup of tea, but pretty (even just oiled) and fun-sounding.
I think Headphile still does cups in Zebrawood occasionally.post #3186 of 32225/16/14 at 9:42pmpost #3187 of 32225/18/14 at 4:05pmQuote:
Between 4 and 87 hours.post #3188 of 32225/22/14 at 8:22pmpost #3189 of 32225/24/14 at 2:25ampost #3190 of 32225/24/14 at 3:07ampost #3191 of 32225/24/14 at 3:32am
In the end, I bought a second-hand pair of wooden Magnums and I was surprised how much darker they sound compared to my two original aluminium builds.post #3192 of 32225/24/14 at 5:59ampost #3193 of 32225/24/14 at 6:00ampost #3194 of 32225/28/14 at 3:49pmpost #3195 of 32225/29/14 at 2:05am
There are also the $19.99 Ear Zonk pads on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW4RWH2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=30XE24IE8WQU9&coliid=I1HNS53I5668SA although other forumers have reported them to be not terribly durable.
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New 250ohm headphones play without an amp? 52 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › (FS) Superluxe HD681 Evo 1 minute ago
- › Anything like a right-angle jack for Sennheiser headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)