Does anyone have any suggestions about recommended burn in time on the Turbulent-X/Magnum drivers?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 9/24/15 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
Acknowledgment Thank you HiFiMAN for providing this review unit on loan in exchange for my honest opinion.Introduction HiFiMAN has been around a long time now. They’ve gone from bargain OEM...
INTRO:- Shozy, A brand that hails from HongKong, going strong since 2012, better known for their amplifiers, DAPs and DACs has the mighty popular Shozy Alien that looks, sounds and...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 213post #3181 of 42875/15/14 at 1:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 42875/15/14 at 7:59pmQuote:
Not too sure really...loved mine from day one...they get daily use, roughly 2, maybe three hours a day. No changes noted...I could be a wooden-eared fool though, whose brain simply acclimates easily.post #3183 of 42875/15/14 at 8:03pm
hey there fellers, been a while since i now only own one sr80 driver, no mags. Heres the deal, im getting some lumber in, a piece of zebrawood actually got here today, its about the right height for a shorter depth cup, anyone tried zebrawood? been to long and dont feel like searching. Ill have enough leftover from making my daughter some toys to either ship for free the leftover to someone here or try and see if zebra is workable for a cup.post #3184 of 42875/16/14 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by hemipowered007
hey there fellers, been a while since i now only own one sr80 driver, no mags. Heres the deal, im getting some lumber in, a piece of zebrawood actually got here today, its about the right height for a shorter depth cup, anyone tried zebrawood? been to long and dont feel like searching. Ill have enough leftover from making my daughter some toys to either ship for free the leftover to someone here or try and see if zebra is workable for a cup.
Jim turned a pair a little while back...I liked it, its a softer wood, which meant a warmer sound. Not my daily cup of tea, but pretty (even just oiled) and fun-sounding.
I think Headphile still does cups in Zebrawood occasionally.post #3185 of 42875/16/14 at 9:42pmpost #3186 of 42875/18/14 at 4:05pmQuote:
Between 4 and 87 hours.post #3187 of 42875/22/14 at 8:22pmpost #3188 of 42875/24/14 at 2:25ampost #3189 of 42875/24/14 at 3:07ampost #3190 of 42875/24/14 at 3:32am
In the end, I bought a second-hand pair of wooden Magnums and I was surprised how much darker they sound compared to my two original aluminium builds.post #3191 of 42875/24/14 at 5:59ampost #3192 of 42875/24/14 at 6:00ampost #3193 of 42875/28/14 at 3:49pmpost #3194 of 42875/29/14 at 2:05am
There are also the $19.99 Ear Zonk pads on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW4RWH2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=30XE24IE8WQU9&coliid=I1HNS53I5668SA although other forumers have reported them to be not terribly durable.
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony HAP-Z1ES. New High-Res Streamer/Music Server from Sony 18 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro1 amp power. 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › DCS Debussy DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...