Does anyone have any suggestions about recommended burn in time on the Turbulent-X/Magnum drivers?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 9/24/15 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 213post #3181 of 41805/15/14 at 1:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 41805/15/14 at 7:59pmQuote:
Not too sure really...loved mine from day one...they get daily use, roughly 2, maybe three hours a day. No changes noted...I could be a wooden-eared fool though, whose brain simply acclimates easily.post #3183 of 41805/15/14 at 8:03pm
hey there fellers, been a while since i now only own one sr80 driver, no mags. Heres the deal, im getting some lumber in, a piece of zebrawood actually got here today, its about the right height for a shorter depth cup, anyone tried zebrawood? been to long and dont feel like searching. Ill have enough leftover from making my daughter some toys to either ship for free the leftover to someone here or try and see if zebra is workable for a cup.post #3184 of 41805/16/14 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by hemipowered007
hey there fellers, been a while since i now only own one sr80 driver, no mags. Heres the deal, im getting some lumber in, a piece of zebrawood actually got here today, its about the right height for a shorter depth cup, anyone tried zebrawood? been to long and dont feel like searching. Ill have enough leftover from making my daughter some toys to either ship for free the leftover to someone here or try and see if zebra is workable for a cup.
Jim turned a pair a little while back...I liked it, its a softer wood, which meant a warmer sound. Not my daily cup of tea, but pretty (even just oiled) and fun-sounding.
I think Headphile still does cups in Zebrawood occasionally.post #3185 of 41805/16/14 at 9:42pmpost #3186 of 41805/18/14 at 4:05pmQuote:
Between 4 and 87 hours.post #3187 of 41805/22/14 at 8:22pmpost #3188 of 41805/24/14 at 2:25ampost #3189 of 41805/24/14 at 3:07ampost #3190 of 41805/24/14 at 3:32am
In the end, I bought a second-hand pair of wooden Magnums and I was surprised how much darker they sound compared to my two original aluminium builds.post #3191 of 41805/24/14 at 5:59ampost #3192 of 41805/24/14 at 6:00ampost #3193 of 41805/28/14 at 3:49pmpost #3194 of 41805/29/14 at 2:05am
There are also the $19.99 Ear Zonk pads on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW4RWH2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=30XE24IE8WQU9&coliid=I1HNS53I5668SA although other forumers have reported them to be not terribly durable.
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cowon Plenue D 2 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 28 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Any idea about this new headphone ? 3 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 - Like New 8 minutes ago
- › Koss Portapro Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...