Does anyone have any suggestions about recommended burn in time on the Turbulent-X/Magnum drivers?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 9/24/15 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Edifier P220 was listed for sale on Amazon. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a quick and dirty look at the YHC S600, yet another outstanding hyper-budget earphone worthy of consideration. What the S600 brings to the...
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 213post #3181 of 42185/15/14 at 1:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 42185/15/14 at 7:59pmQuote:
Not too sure really...loved mine from day one...they get daily use, roughly 2, maybe three hours a day. No changes noted...I could be a wooden-eared fool though, whose brain simply acclimates easily.post #3183 of 42185/15/14 at 8:03pm
hey there fellers, been a while since i now only own one sr80 driver, no mags. Heres the deal, im getting some lumber in, a piece of zebrawood actually got here today, its about the right height for a shorter depth cup, anyone tried zebrawood? been to long and dont feel like searching. Ill have enough leftover from making my daughter some toys to either ship for free the leftover to someone here or try and see if zebra is workable for a cup.post #3184 of 42185/16/14 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by hemipowered007
hey there fellers, been a while since i now only own one sr80 driver, no mags. Heres the deal, im getting some lumber in, a piece of zebrawood actually got here today, its about the right height for a shorter depth cup, anyone tried zebrawood? been to long and dont feel like searching. Ill have enough leftover from making my daughter some toys to either ship for free the leftover to someone here or try and see if zebra is workable for a cup.
Jim turned a pair a little while back...I liked it, its a softer wood, which meant a warmer sound. Not my daily cup of tea, but pretty (even just oiled) and fun-sounding.
I think Headphile still does cups in Zebrawood occasionally.post #3185 of 42185/16/14 at 9:42pmpost #3186 of 42185/18/14 at 4:05pmQuote:
Between 4 and 87 hours.post #3187 of 42185/22/14 at 8:22pmpost #3188 of 42185/24/14 at 2:25ampost #3189 of 42185/24/14 at 3:07ampost #3190 of 42185/24/14 at 3:32am
In the end, I bought a second-hand pair of wooden Magnums and I was surprised how much darker they sound compared to my two original aluminium builds.post #3191 of 42185/24/14 at 5:59ampost #3192 of 42185/24/14 at 6:00ampost #3193 of 42185/28/14 at 3:49pmpost #3194 of 42185/29/14 at 2:05am
There are also the $19.99 Ear Zonk pads on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BW4RWH2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=30XE24IE8WQU9&coliid=I1HNS53I5668SA although other forumers have reported them to be not terribly durable.
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 13 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Testing changes that could affect audio performance with different... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3905: New and even better than 3585/3595 9 minutes ago
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Soundaware Esther by WCDchee
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...