I know it's probably been discussed but can anyone really compare the v.4 to X, or v.5? I heard that the v.5 wasn't worth upgrading to? Just curious.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 5/23/14 at 9:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 210post #3136 of 33092/27/14 at 4:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3137 of 33092/27/14 at 4:54pmI thought X was 5?
3.5 was brighter than 4 Grey which have the best midrange and are my favorite. 4 black were inconsistent but were similar to the Grey at their best. X have more bass and less midrange detail. They are all quite similar to each other and the difference can be hard to tell at first.post #3138 of 33092/28/14 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by sluker
I thought X was 5?
3.5 was brighter than 4 Grey which have the best midrange and are my favorite. 4 black were inconsistent but were similar to the Grey at their best. X have more bass and less midrange detail. They are all quite similar to each other and the difference can be hard to tell at first.
it is. i just worded it weirdpost #3139 of 33092/28/14 at 1:12pm
I just want to confirm with you guys. I have green dot on the solder plate for my drivers, that's fine. But I noticed my wires have blue band and a black band. I assume blue goes on the green side of plate and the black goes on the other?post #3140 of 33092/28/14 at 3:36pmIf you have the driver with the magnet side facing up, and the terminals facing away from you, the left terminal (the one with the green dot) is the positive. The other is the negative.
The wire colors don't matter, as long as you know which is positive, and which is negative. Usually the left and right channel will be different colors, and then there will be two that are a third color. These are the negatives.post #3141 of 33092/28/14 at 4:27pm
Took my SR60i drivers out, put in some magnum v5. Changed the headband ti a vintage grado w/ genuine leather (before they changed it to the fake plastic headband used now)post #3142 of 33093/1/14 at 3:22am
I have a question guys, should I keep the current band on my magnums or get the original grado leather one? If you aren't sure what headband I'm referring to check out my pictures.post #3143 of 33093/1/14 at 9:05am
As my music tastes have expanded I've been really missing the bass on my Grado's. I still love all the detail that the Grado's provide though, so I'm considering whether to spend my money on Symphones Magnum v5's, l-cush cups, and maybe new wooden cups, or buy a set of new cans (Audio Technica A900x). Any input at all would be really helpfulpost #3144 of 33093/1/14 at 9:23am
I'd go for something different. I don't think Magnums are going to get you more bass than Grados. Magnums aren't really much different than Grados in terms of their sound signature. They're just smoother and don't have as much bite.post #3145 of 33093/1/14 at 9:40amQuote:
There is definitely more bass with the magnums.post #3146 of 33093/1/14 at 10:27am
The Magnums are no doubt better than any Grado I've had -- SR80, SR80i, SR325i, Alessandro MS-2. And yes... there's slightly more bass, but it's not earth shattering. The point I was trying to make is that if I'm going for bass and bass accuracy I'm not going for a Grado-type headphone.post #3147 of 33093/1/14 at 10:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Mullet
The Magnums are no doubt better than any Grado I've had -- SR80, SR80i, SR325i, Alessandro MS-2. And yes... there's slightly more bass, but it's not earth shattering. The point I was trying to make is that if I'm going for bass and bass accuracy I'm not going for a Grado-type headphone.
I like the smoothness of the magnums compared to the other grado's but want another bass heavy earphone also.
There's a little car in my neighborhood and when it come around the corner the ground shakes and dogs run for cover. I want bass like that.post #3148 of 33093/1/14 at 6:55pm
...LMAO...bass like that can be rather fun. I am toying with the idea of a pair of DT770 for that (and possibly getting some wooden cups for them later) or maybe getting a knockoff of the Thunderpants made...either way, I am expecting more bass kicks from one of them.post #3149 of 33093/5/14 at 3:20amQuote:Originally Posted by joeq70
First, I have not used any pink noise or or any other burn-in mechanism other than playing music through them for my pleasure. I don't think they've changed much if at all since I got my V5 drivers, so my vote is no, there is no burn in necessary.
Second, the L-cush Grado pad is the best pad for the Magnum V5...the other pads don't even come close in my opinion.
Lastly, I have found that the source makes the most difference for the Magnum. I happen to use an Aune T1 which is a USB Tube DAC and solid state amp combined. It's the best thing I have heard for my Magnums. Check the Aune T1 thread here: CLICK HERE.
Feel free to PM me with any questions!
Sorry this is dating back some....but have you heard the Aune T1 vs the Little Dot 1+? how would you compare the two? I'm referring to using these with a magnum buildpost #3150 of 33093/24/14 at 6:25pmQuote:
Sorry for the late reply, but...I have not heard a Little Dot before. Sorry!
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › HM-901 7 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 9 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 9 minutes ago
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3