Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado modders go Magnum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Grado modders go Magnum - Page 153

post #2281 of 3231
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq70 View Post

Your impressions match my own almost exacly. I noticed the improved bass more than you did but yes, the detail is amazing.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh....mine should arrive at Chris_Himself's place on Tuesday if I am lucky...I really don't want to blow these out of proportion in my head before I hear them...I need to stop reading this thread...
post #2282 of 3231
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post

I really don't want to blow these out of proportion in my head before I hear them.

Too late

post #2283 of 3231
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleasbaby View Post


Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh....mine should arrive at Chris_Himself's place on Tuesday if I am lucky...I really don't want to blow these out of proportion in my head before I hear them...I need to stop reading this thread...

Have you ever heard Magnum drivers before?

Coming from Grados, I expected Magnums to differ more from Grados. But they really do sound a lot like Grados. Just cleaner, more detailed, better separated, and with more conservative mids.

post #2284 of 3231

I will be able to A/B v4 and v5 when  the v5 arrives this week. v4 are my favourite phones atm, have owned all grado's up to RS1i and all Alessandro's, only currently own the MS2 because I like the aggression for metal, but V4 are so much easier and nicer to listen to for extended periods.

post #2285 of 3231
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq70 View Post


Your impressions match my own almost exacly. I noticed the improved bass more than you did but yes, the detail is amazing.

detail in the magnums is what really differentiates them from Grados, at least to my ears.

 

 

 

what would people rate the magnum X's in compared to the V4, in a ranging scale from 1-10?

 

Say you gave the V4's a 7, you'd give the X's a 10? what's the clarity in regards to other headphones? there should be someone here who has a plethora of headphones outside of the grado/magnum spectrum. I'd like to hear a full introspective comparison between those, the X, and the V4. The V4 seems to offer so much to my ears, especially the particular can i have. picking through this thread makes me jelly. but only so much so.

 

you know your headphone is amazing when you listen to vinyl all day and yet your headphone set up still offers so much more gritty and forward amazingness that you still get blown away by it, after every listen.

 

 

TheMIDrange. you are my own personal god.

 

yes I'm drunk. WUT OV IT?

post #2286 of 3231

Symphones' website said the modification is only acailable to Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2, is it also available to Grado's SR325is?

post #2287 of 3231

And I also like to know what's V4, V5, Magnum X etc.

I didn't see there's different options on their website

 

Thanks

post #2288 of 3231
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Rose View Post

Symphones' website said the modification is only acailable to Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2, is it also available to Grado's SR325is?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Rose View Post

And I also like to know what's V4, V5, Magnum X etc.

I didn't see there's different options on their website

 

Thanks

 

Their website hasn't been updated for a while. V5 is the X, has a few different names as Turbulent Labs are selling them. You can put the actual drivers in any cups you want.

 

http://turbulentlabs.com/


Edited by marts30 - 1/22/13 at 3:20am
post #2289 of 3231
Quote:
Originally Posted by marts30 View Post

 

 

Their website hasn't been updated for a while. V5 is the X, has a few different names as Turbulent Labs are selling them. You can put the actual drivers in any cups you want.

 

www.http://turbulentlabs.com/


Thanks for your informantion, that really helps

smily_headphones1.gif

post #2290 of 3231
Impressions on the V5 sound promising, can't wait to get mine!
post #2291 of 3231
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislangley4253 View Post

Too late

*chuckle* yes indeed...I should be fine though. If I am rational enough to recognize and post that I am doing it, I am rational enough to calm myself the ***** down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitz View Post

Have you ever heard Magnum drivers before?


Coming from Grados, I expected Magnums to differ more from Grados. But they really do sound a lot like Grados. Just cleaner, more detailed, better separated, and with more conservative mids.

No, the highest I have gone up the Grado food chain is the 325is as well...I am currently using some 225i at my desk at the office while I wait for this build...
post #2292 of 3231

The magnums are going to be a lot different than the 225is...

post #2293 of 3231
Good to hear...different good I assume, as opposed to different bad? Simply different would be great too.
post #2294 of 3231

if someone would send their set of x/turbulant over to tyll the central scrutinzer (the man even covers the cost of return shipping for the love of god) he will hold his nose, measure another set of grados and the objective graphs will demystify any v4/5 differences..........


Edited by thelostMIDrange - 1/22/13 at 7:50pm
post #2295 of 3231
So mine are on their way back from being cabled. I sent the Cabillas cups up with them so all is set to go now...with one small exception. The cups are a teeny bit wider than the drivers...

Does anyone have any Home Depot/Lowes/online recommendations for tape/foam strips to use to make them sit properly? The gap is about a millimeter.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Grado modders go Magnum