- 2,656 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Southern California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 9/24/15 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 152post #2266 of 42591/17/13 at 5:45amWould anyone mind sharing how long delivery took for theirs? Mine shipped out on the first of January, I live in Southern California, and they still aren't here...I know they are coming from Thailand, so I am not terribly worried, still...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2267 of 42591/17/13 at 6:14amQuote:
anyone knows where i can get the headband? not just the leather, but the frame included....
if i can't find any, that means i have to start from SR80i
and please share your impression once yours arrivedpost #2268 of 42591/17/13 at 6:26ampost #2269 of 42591/17/13 at 8:41amQuote:
The drivers are $130 from Turbulent Labs, the rest depends on who does it and where you find the parts...a lot of the fun is sourcing thosepost #2270 of 42591/17/13 at 2:17pmQuote:www.headphile.com
deal 9 on headphone deals pagepost #2271 of 42591/17/13 at 2:22pmpost #2272 of 42591/17/13 at 3:07pmpost #2273 of 42591/17/13 at 8:32pmpost #2274 of 42591/17/13 at 9:48pmpost #2275 of 42591/18/13 at 9:51amQuote:
Hooray! They finally arrived ...now to mail them off to Chris_Himself for cabling...post #2276 of 42591/18/13 at 3:06pmpost #2277 of 42591/20/13 at 8:29pm
I finally received my V5 drivers this week and assembled them yesterday. Unfortunately, I have no way to A/B my V4 drivers to my V5 drivers, as the cable and cups I used with my V4 drivers are now with the V5. So comparisons are tricky, but this is the best I can do:
Upon first listen, I thought the V5's sounded very much like the V4's. And, I still think they do. So, as far as frequency response or tonality is concerned, I really don't notice much of a difference. To me, the lows and mids sound very similar between the V4's and the V5's. A/Bing might reveal what differences do exist, but from memory the lows and mids are similar. The highs even sound the same to me, except that the sibilance I experienced with my V4's is nonexistent with my V5's. This made me very happy.
So what do I notice that's different between the two drivers? Over the last two days of listening, I've become convinced that the V5's are quite a bit more detailed than the V4's. Heck, I thought the V4 drivers were really detailed (a step above Grados in detail retrieval), but Wow. I think the V5's are even more detailed than the V4's. And this makes sense, since Rhydon told me via email that one of the substantial improvements in the V5's would be greater extension to both frequency extremes. If the bass is further extended, it's subtle enough that I don't notice it. But I would agree that the highs sound more extended and detailed. Also, I think the V5's trump the V4's in separation. I don't know if it's a side-effect of increased detail, but I really feel the instrument separation of the V5's is just fantastic, and at times jaw-dropping.
Overall, without being able to A/B, I'd say the V5's are tonally similar to the V4's, but are more detailed with superior separation. A welcome improvement.post #2278 of 42591/21/13 at 6:14pmpost #2279 of 42591/21/13 at 6:16pmpost #2280 of 42591/21/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh....mine should arrive at Chris_Himself's place on Tuesday if I am lucky...I really don't want to blow these out of proportion in my head before I hear them...I need to stop reading this thread...
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What the the best versatile, 'all-rounder' headphone that you own? 3 seconds ago
- › How To Build One Of The World's Finest Dynamic Headphones (markl... 4 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 57 seconds ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 59 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...