- 2,822 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Southern California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 9/24/15 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 152post #2266 of 43951/17/13 at 5:45amWould anyone mind sharing how long delivery took for theirs? Mine shipped out on the first of January, I live in Southern California, and they still aren't here...I know they are coming from Thailand, so I am not terribly worried, still...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2267 of 43951/17/13 at 6:14amQuote:
anyone knows where i can get the headband? not just the leather, but the frame included....
if i can't find any, that means i have to start from SR80i
and please share your impression once yours arrivedpost #2268 of 43951/17/13 at 6:26ampost #2269 of 43951/17/13 at 8:41amQuote:
The drivers are $130 from Turbulent Labs, the rest depends on who does it and where you find the parts...a lot of the fun is sourcing thosepost #2270 of 43951/17/13 at 2:17pmQuote:www.headphile.com
deal 9 on headphone deals pagepost #2271 of 43951/17/13 at 2:22pmpost #2272 of 43951/17/13 at 3:07pmpost #2273 of 43951/17/13 at 8:32pmpost #2274 of 43951/17/13 at 9:48pmpost #2275 of 43951/18/13 at 9:51amQuote:
Hooray! They finally arrived ...now to mail them off to Chris_Himself for cabling...post #2276 of 43951/18/13 at 3:06pmpost #2277 of 43951/20/13 at 8:29pm
I finally received my V5 drivers this week and assembled them yesterday. Unfortunately, I have no way to A/B my V4 drivers to my V5 drivers, as the cable and cups I used with my V4 drivers are now with the V5. So comparisons are tricky, but this is the best I can do:
Upon first listen, I thought the V5's sounded very much like the V4's. And, I still think they do. So, as far as frequency response or tonality is concerned, I really don't notice much of a difference. To me, the lows and mids sound very similar between the V4's and the V5's. A/Bing might reveal what differences do exist, but from memory the lows and mids are similar. The highs even sound the same to me, except that the sibilance I experienced with my V4's is nonexistent with my V5's. This made me very happy.
So what do I notice that's different between the two drivers? Over the last two days of listening, I've become convinced that the V5's are quite a bit more detailed than the V4's. Heck, I thought the V4 drivers were really detailed (a step above Grados in detail retrieval), but Wow. I think the V5's are even more detailed than the V4's. And this makes sense, since Rhydon told me via email that one of the substantial improvements in the V5's would be greater extension to both frequency extremes. If the bass is further extended, it's subtle enough that I don't notice it. But I would agree that the highs sound more extended and detailed. Also, I think the V5's trump the V4's in separation. I don't know if it's a side-effect of increased detail, but I really feel the instrument separation of the V5's is just fantastic, and at times jaw-dropping.
Overall, without being able to A/B, I'd say the V5's are tonally similar to the V4's, but are more detailed with superior separation. A welcome improvement.post #2278 of 43951/21/13 at 6:14pmpost #2279 of 43951/21/13 at 6:16pmpost #2280 of 43951/21/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh....mine should arrive at Chris_Himself's place on Tuesday if I am lucky...I really don't want to blow these out of proportion in my head before I hear them...I need to stop reading this thread...
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 39 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Grado Modders Go Nhoord?!?! 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear