- 2,575 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Southern California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 9/24/15 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 152post #2266 of 41681/17/13 at 5:45amWould anyone mind sharing how long delivery took for theirs? Mine shipped out on the first of January, I live in Southern California, and they still aren't here...I know they are coming from Thailand, so I am not terribly worried, still...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2267 of 41681/17/13 at 6:14amQuote:
anyone knows where i can get the headband? not just the leather, but the frame included....
if i can't find any, that means i have to start from SR80i
and please share your impression once yours arrivedpost #2268 of 41681/17/13 at 6:26ampost #2269 of 41681/17/13 at 8:41amQuote:
The drivers are $130 from Turbulent Labs, the rest depends on who does it and where you find the parts...a lot of the fun is sourcing thosepost #2270 of 41681/17/13 at 2:17pmQuote:www.headphile.com
deal 9 on headphone deals pagepost #2271 of 41681/17/13 at 2:22pmpost #2272 of 41681/17/13 at 3:07pmpost #2273 of 41681/17/13 at 8:32pmpost #2274 of 41681/17/13 at 9:48pmpost #2275 of 41681/18/13 at 9:51amQuote:
Hooray! They finally arrived ...now to mail them off to Chris_Himself for cabling...post #2276 of 41681/18/13 at 3:06pmpost #2277 of 41681/20/13 at 8:29pm
I finally received my V5 drivers this week and assembled them yesterday. Unfortunately, I have no way to A/B my V4 drivers to my V5 drivers, as the cable and cups I used with my V4 drivers are now with the V5. So comparisons are tricky, but this is the best I can do:
Upon first listen, I thought the V5's sounded very much like the V4's. And, I still think they do. So, as far as frequency response or tonality is concerned, I really don't notice much of a difference. To me, the lows and mids sound very similar between the V4's and the V5's. A/Bing might reveal what differences do exist, but from memory the lows and mids are similar. The highs even sound the same to me, except that the sibilance I experienced with my V4's is nonexistent with my V5's. This made me very happy.
So what do I notice that's different between the two drivers? Over the last two days of listening, I've become convinced that the V5's are quite a bit more detailed than the V4's. Heck, I thought the V4 drivers were really detailed (a step above Grados in detail retrieval), but Wow. I think the V5's are even more detailed than the V4's. And this makes sense, since Rhydon told me via email that one of the substantial improvements in the V5's would be greater extension to both frequency extremes. If the bass is further extended, it's subtle enough that I don't notice it. But I would agree that the highs sound more extended and detailed. Also, I think the V5's trump the V4's in separation. I don't know if it's a side-effect of increased detail, but I really feel the instrument separation of the V5's is just fantastic, and at times jaw-dropping.
Overall, without being able to A/B, I'd say the V5's are tonally similar to the V4's, but are more detailed with superior separation. A welcome improvement.post #2278 of 41681/21/13 at 6:14pmpost #2279 of 41681/21/13 at 6:16pmpost #2280 of 41681/21/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgh....mine should arrive at Chris_Himself's place on Tuesday if I am lucky...I really don't want to blow these out of proportion in my head before I hear them...I need to stop reading this thread...
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 46 seconds ago
- › FiiO Q1 or E18k for m50x ? 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 3 minutes ago
- › Fake Senheiser IE800? 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › peter123's reviews, planned reviews, first impressions and... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...