- 644 Posts. Joined 9/2007
- Location: Pittsburgh
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 5/23/14 at 9:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Only issue is centered around 300Hz Can play Car Audio test track with massive bass and play an acoustic track next with no effect on one or the other without any adjustment. Pretty...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 148post #2206 of 33351/5/13 at 4:17pmI've said it before and I'll say it again..the v5 is amazing and deserves to be regarding as a top of the line flagship. If you havent heard them with tubes then you are sorely missing out!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2207 of 33351/5/13 at 4:46pmQuote:
I'm even more excited now!
What are your V5's housed in?post #2208 of 33351/5/13 at 4:59pmpost #2209 of 33351/5/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
I tried him for some chambers a month back, no dice sadly. A cup maker I got in touch with was going to prototype some wooden sleeves, but I haven't heard anything from him. From what I gather making them out of wood is painful to say the least.post #2210 of 33351/5/13 at 9:21pmQuote:
Oh, those are some great looking headphones! I like the color scheme!
Is that the Onyx Manta headband from Turbulent Labs? What do you think of it?
Where did you get that cable?post #2211 of 33351/5/13 at 10:35pmQuote:The headband is the onyx manta but i got it from headphone lounge which i think is the same as what is offered by turbulebt labs, and it's great.
I actually made the cable myself using copper cable from plusSound on etsy and orange paracord.post #2212 of 33351/5/13 at 11:16pmI believe their are two headbands options from Headphone Lounge/Turbulent, the Manta or Onyx. One is cheaper and less padded. I have the cheaper one, I think Onyx (can't remember which is which) and it is great! I recommend the cheaper $38 option it is totally lux and worth it!post #2213 of 33351/5/13 at 11:30pmQuote:ohhh ok...i think i have the mantaOriginally Posted by parbaked
I believe their are two headbands options from Headphone Lounge/Turbulent, the Manta or Onyx. One is cheaper and less padded. I have the cheaper one, I think Onyx (can't remember which is which) and it is great! I recommend the cheaper $38 option it is totally lux and worth it!post #2214 of 33351/6/13 at 12:11am
I just finished my Magnums yesterday
V5 Drivers> Turbulent Labs woody cups> Sr125 cable. All listening so far has been with my Hisound Studio 3rd Anniv. and I'm very pleased so far. Also, I just checked my mail and I had the Black Manta Headband and a pair of Cabillas' Mahogany mushroom cups waiting for me.post #2215 of 33351/6/13 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Biscuitz
Do you like the different tone of the highs?
I'm using some Magnum V4's right now, but my Magnum X drivers are on the way! I'll post some impressions when I get them. However, it will be tricky to do comparisons, seeing as I won't be able to A/B the V4's and X drivers. I'll be using the cups and cable that my V4's are using now with the new drivers. But I'll try to describe what differences I hear as best as I can.
Its neither better or worse, just came as a bit of a shock at first but I've just got used to it now. Again, I'm not comparing to other Magnum drivers but low end Alessandro/Grado. Was getting some strange over sensitivity through my tube amp at first (crackling) but that went after a few hours. Not sure who it was that described them as V shaped, but to me they are definitely not V shaped, the mids are as forward as ever (with bowls). With jumbos the highs become sibilant and a bit painful and the mids sit back more. Though, I have my Magnum X's in my low profile walnut cups right now not in my deep aluminiums. I have some of Cabillas GS1000 cups on the way that I will try next with jumbos.post #2216 of 33351/6/13 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by wormsdriver
I just finished my Magnums yesterday
V5 Drivers> Turbulent Labs woody cups> Sr125 cable. All listening so far has been with my Hisound Studio 3rd Anniv. and I'm very pleased so far. Also, I just checked my mail and I had the Black Manta Headband and a pair of Cabillas' Mahogany mushroom cups waiting for me.
Nice...I hope you're liking the Magnums....when they popped up the classifieds, I PM'd lostMidrange, and popped off for a snack...twenty minutes later you had beaten me to 'em because I hadn't responded you bugger ...no hard feelings though, mine should be here from Jin any day now ...my Cabillas cups are waiting quietly on the shelf...post #2217 of 33351/6/13 at 9:52ampost #2218 of 33351/6/13 at 1:03pmpost #2219 of 33351/6/13 at 2:09pmpost #2220 of 33351/6/13 at 5:11pmLarry at Headphile told me he would only do them with, at minimum, a recable. He said that he threw away more than he kept because the work is so delicate and the wood breaks so frequently while doing it. Makes me wonder how Grado pulls it off with the PS500 though. They have wooden inner sleeves...
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 14 seconds ago
- › Is Minidisc Atrac R true 24bit? 26 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 29 seconds ago
- › Motorsport Model-Fi 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › Help on deciding IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Streaming service vs downloading? 3 minutes ago
- › Dubai Head-Fi Meet 8th May 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Graham Slee Majestic DAC by mark2410
- › MEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups,... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by enthusiast
- › AUDIOTRAK Prodigy CUBE External USB Sound Card by YoYo JoKeR
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by sarora
- › T-Peos Altone250 by nmatheis
- › Westone W30 Triple Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones,... by C.C.S.
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2