- 994 Posts. Joined 9/2007
- Location: Roanoke
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 9/24/15 at 7:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have to give Massdrop a lot of credit for trying to bring high-end audio to the masses through their audiophile community. Those behind their initiatives have managed to bring together...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 148post #2206 of 42591/5/13 at 4:17pmI've said it before and I'll say it again..the v5 is amazing and deserves to be regarding as a top of the line flagship. If you havent heard them with tubes then you are sorely missing out!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2207 of 42591/5/13 at 4:46pmQuote:
I'm even more excited now!
What are your V5's housed in?post #2208 of 42591/5/13 at 4:59pmpost #2209 of 42591/5/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
I tried him for some chambers a month back, no dice sadly. A cup maker I got in touch with was going to prototype some wooden sleeves, but I haven't heard anything from him. From what I gather making them out of wood is painful to say the least.post #2210 of 42591/5/13 at 9:21pmQuote:
Oh, those are some great looking headphones! I like the color scheme!
Is that the Onyx Manta headband from Turbulent Labs? What do you think of it?
Where did you get that cable?post #2211 of 42591/5/13 at 10:35pmQuote:The headband is the onyx manta but i got it from headphone lounge which i think is the same as what is offered by turbulebt labs, and it's great.
I actually made the cable myself using copper cable from plusSound on etsy and orange paracord.post #2212 of 42591/5/13 at 11:16pmI believe their are two headbands options from Headphone Lounge/Turbulent, the Manta or Onyx. One is cheaper and less padded. I have the cheaper one, I think Onyx (can't remember which is which) and it is great! I recommend the cheaper $38 option it is totally lux and worth it!post #2213 of 42591/5/13 at 11:30pmQuote:ohhh ok...i think i have the mantaOriginally Posted by parbaked
I believe their are two headbands options from Headphone Lounge/Turbulent, the Manta or Onyx. One is cheaper and less padded. I have the cheaper one, I think Onyx (can't remember which is which) and it is great! I recommend the cheaper $38 option it is totally lux and worth it!post #2214 of 42591/6/13 at 12:11am
I just finished my Magnums yesterday
V5 Drivers> Turbulent Labs woody cups> Sr125 cable. All listening so far has been with my Hisound Studio 3rd Anniv. and I'm very pleased so far. Also, I just checked my mail and I had the Black Manta Headband and a pair of Cabillas' Mahogany mushroom cups waiting for me.post #2215 of 42591/6/13 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Biscuitz
Do you like the different tone of the highs?
I'm using some Magnum V4's right now, but my Magnum X drivers are on the way! I'll post some impressions when I get them. However, it will be tricky to do comparisons, seeing as I won't be able to A/B the V4's and X drivers. I'll be using the cups and cable that my V4's are using now with the new drivers. But I'll try to describe what differences I hear as best as I can.
Its neither better or worse, just came as a bit of a shock at first but I've just got used to it now. Again, I'm not comparing to other Magnum drivers but low end Alessandro/Grado. Was getting some strange over sensitivity through my tube amp at first (crackling) but that went after a few hours. Not sure who it was that described them as V shaped, but to me they are definitely not V shaped, the mids are as forward as ever (with bowls). With jumbos the highs become sibilant and a bit painful and the mids sit back more. Though, I have my Magnum X's in my low profile walnut cups right now not in my deep aluminiums. I have some of Cabillas GS1000 cups on the way that I will try next with jumbos.post #2216 of 42591/6/13 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by wormsdriver
I just finished my Magnums yesterday
V5 Drivers> Turbulent Labs woody cups> Sr125 cable. All listening so far has been with my Hisound Studio 3rd Anniv. and I'm very pleased so far. Also, I just checked my mail and I had the Black Manta Headband and a pair of Cabillas' Mahogany mushroom cups waiting for me.
Nice...I hope you're liking the Magnums....when they popped up the classifieds, I PM'd lostMidrange, and popped off for a snack...twenty minutes later you had beaten me to 'em because I hadn't responded you bugger ...no hard feelings though, mine should be here from Jin any day now ...my Cabillas cups are waiting quietly on the shelf...post #2217 of 42591/6/13 at 9:52ampost #2218 of 42591/6/13 at 1:03pmpost #2219 of 42591/6/13 at 2:09pmpost #2220 of 42591/6/13 at 5:11pmLarry at Headphile told me he would only do them with, at minimum, a recable. He said that he threw away more than he kept because the work is so delicate and the wood breaks so frequently while doing it. Makes me wonder how Grado pulls it off with the PS500 though. They have wooden inner sleeves...
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Near Mint BeoPLAY (B&O) H6 Headphones - Black w/ box 17 seconds ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 21 seconds ago
- › AKG's new K872? 50 seconds ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 54 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE18 Pro - PRICE DROP 1 minute ago
- › Fidelizer appreciation and impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › La Figaro 339 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Wired Headphones is Dead the future is wireless 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by SoundApprentice
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...