Still waiting for mine...Last I checked they had left Thailand and were in transit to the States...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS1000tagged by System, 11/10/11
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- productGrado SR325stagged by System, 12/17/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 12/17/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
- productSymphones Magnumstagged by System, 1/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- I Really Need Some Help On A Suggestion Last post on 4/15/13 at 11:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone else have Grados that have problems with the earcups falling off?? Last post on 5/23/14 at 9:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR325is w/ flats vs. Rs1i Last post on 7/12/11 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth tracking down Alessandro MS2i? Last post on 6/16/11 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just Ordered Grado SR325i Last post on 4/14/11 at 6:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Grado modders go Magnum - Page 148post #2206 of 32211/5/13 at 4:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2207 of 32211/5/13 at 4:17pmI've said it before and I'll say it again..the v5 is amazing and deserves to be regarding as a top of the line flagship. If you havent heard them with tubes then you are sorely missing out!post #2208 of 32211/5/13 at 4:46pmQuote:
I'm even more excited now!
What are your V5's housed in?post #2209 of 32211/5/13 at 4:59pmpost #2210 of 32211/5/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
I tried him for some chambers a month back, no dice sadly. A cup maker I got in touch with was going to prototype some wooden sleeves, but I haven't heard anything from him. From what I gather making them out of wood is painful to say the least.post #2211 of 32211/5/13 at 9:21pmQuote:
Oh, those are some great looking headphones! I like the color scheme!
Is that the Onyx Manta headband from Turbulent Labs? What do you think of it?
Where did you get that cable?post #2212 of 32211/5/13 at 10:35pmQuote:The headband is the onyx manta but i got it from headphone lounge which i think is the same as what is offered by turbulebt labs, and it's great.
I actually made the cable myself using copper cable from plusSound on etsy and orange paracord.post #2213 of 32211/5/13 at 11:16pmI believe their are two headbands options from Headphone Lounge/Turbulent, the Manta or Onyx. One is cheaper and less padded. I have the cheaper one, I think Onyx (can't remember which is which) and it is great! I recommend the cheaper $38 option it is totally lux and worth it!post #2214 of 32211/5/13 at 11:30pmQuote:ohhh ok...i think i have the mantaOriginally Posted by parbaked
I believe their are two headbands options from Headphone Lounge/Turbulent, the Manta or Onyx. One is cheaper and less padded. I have the cheaper one, I think Onyx (can't remember which is which) and it is great! I recommend the cheaper $38 option it is totally lux and worth it!post #2215 of 32211/6/13 at 12:11am
I just finished my Magnums yesterday
V5 Drivers> Turbulent Labs woody cups> Sr125 cable. All listening so far has been with my Hisound Studio 3rd Anniv. and I'm very pleased so far. Also, I just checked my mail and I had the Black Manta Headband and a pair of Cabillas' Mahogany mushroom cups waiting for me.post #2216 of 32211/6/13 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Biscuitz
Do you like the different tone of the highs?
I'm using some Magnum V4's right now, but my Magnum X drivers are on the way! I'll post some impressions when I get them. However, it will be tricky to do comparisons, seeing as I won't be able to A/B the V4's and X drivers. I'll be using the cups and cable that my V4's are using now with the new drivers. But I'll try to describe what differences I hear as best as I can.
Its neither better or worse, just came as a bit of a shock at first but I've just got used to it now. Again, I'm not comparing to other Magnum drivers but low end Alessandro/Grado. Was getting some strange over sensitivity through my tube amp at first (crackling) but that went after a few hours. Not sure who it was that described them as V shaped, but to me they are definitely not V shaped, the mids are as forward as ever (with bowls). With jumbos the highs become sibilant and a bit painful and the mids sit back more. Though, I have my Magnum X's in my low profile walnut cups right now not in my deep aluminiums. I have some of Cabillas GS1000 cups on the way that I will try next with jumbos.post #2217 of 32211/6/13 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by wormsdriver
I just finished my Magnums yesterday
V5 Drivers> Turbulent Labs woody cups> Sr125 cable. All listening so far has been with my Hisound Studio 3rd Anniv. and I'm very pleased so far. Also, I just checked my mail and I had the Black Manta Headband and a pair of Cabillas' Mahogany mushroom cups waiting for me.
Nice...I hope you're liking the Magnums....when they popped up the classifieds, I PM'd lostMidrange, and popped off for a snack...twenty minutes later you had beaten me to 'em because I hadn't responded you bugger ...no hard feelings though, mine should be here from Jin any day now ...my Cabillas cups are waiting quietly on the shelf...post #2218 of 32211/6/13 at 9:52ampost #2219 of 32211/6/13 at 1:03pmpost #2220 of 32211/6/13 at 2:09pm
- Grado modders go Magnum
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment 8 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)