Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 11/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- I cringe every time I see this Last post on 8/22/11 at 4:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stars attend beatbox with Faddy Robot launch party Last post on 8/17/11 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 4/14/15 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Convincing Friend that ATH-M50's Are Superior to Beats Last post on 8/4/11 at 4:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Generic 'Which headphones should I start with' thread. Last post on 9/24/11 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
How are the Beats Pro, Detox and Studios? - Page 10post #136 of 1502/19/13 at 9:35pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 1502/19/13 at 9:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by steffanan
I just hate the natural frequency response of my beats pro's, but I absolutely love the sound of them once I have dropped the lows and boosted the highs. I just feel like other than their crappy response, they are wonderful headphones. I don't even feel like they are a bad deal at all (like every other beats set of headphones in existence) because after I put clean, powerful signal into them, I don't think they can beat for a set of durable cans. I own a set of HD 800's that I can't even listen to with my normal music. That 6000 hz boost is so painful. Sure they can't be beat for sound quality recorded tracks, but for everything else, I prefer a quiet but thumpy low end, and narrow sound stage. So yeah, I use my eq'd beats more often than my hd 800's.
try the HD 650s out, i think you will enjoy them alot.post #138 of 1502/26/13 at 7:13am
I was planning to invest in a pair of Beats Pro, but I would like to know is there is a better option at the same price, no more, no less. So far I really like the Beats, but I want to hear opinions of others. Note, I need headphones with top quality sound, since Im a musician and the headphones are for my studio. thanks!post #139 of 1502/26/13 at 8:00am
If you value sound quality at all, then don't buy any headphones in the beat range.
If you're buying them just to look cool and to impress your mates, then buy one of those fake pairs for $20. (They'll probably still sound better than the real thing)post #140 of 1502/26/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by jowiesax19
I was planning to invest in a pair of Beats Pro, but I would like to know is there is a better option at the same price, no more, no less. So far I really like the Beats, but I want to hear opinions of others. Note, I need headphones with top quality sound, since Im a musician and the headphones are for my studio. thanks!
I have a pair of Sony MDR-V55 headphones that you can buy in the UK for under £40 ($60) and they blow the beats away in terms of sound quality and build quality.post #141 of 1502/26/13 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by TheReem
LOL no. beats maybe over priced but that is a riduclous statement mate. the v55 are not even better than the solo hd. Beats pros are decent headphones very fun to listen to. I compared the pros to many headphones a few that they beat out are the ath m50, V moda m80 & m100. xb500 and xb700. The only cheap headphone that beats the pros are the shure440 but ot be fair in terms of clairty they beat my d2000 for clairty.
Well we'll agree to disagree then.
For me, the V55's have a far more balanced sound than the beat pros, which just sound boomy and make the mid-range sound like mud.
I don't believe that you've tried the V55's, so aren't in a position to make a comparison.post #142 of 1502/26/13 at 8:37amQuote:Originally Posted by TheReem
LOL i have owned them, How can you claim that someone hasn't tried them? The bass on the pros does not even go into the mids. The beats solo are an example of going into the mids. The pro can be a bit muddy sometimes with certain songs but they do have a clarity to them they also have nice bass and it's decent quality. Is it £200-300 quality absolutly not but to say a rubbish pair of headphones that are muddy sounding like the V55 is better than the flagship pro model that competes with good quality headphones in the £100-150 is just plain hating.
I still much prefer my v55's.
I've had them for over a year now and use them daily and they still show little to no signs of cosmetic wear. Unlike the beats where the headband has a high likely hood of snapping in half after a few months of usage.
You said that the beat pros are "fun sounding". Which is fine, some people prefer a big bassy sound over a more natural balanced sound. But I just prefer my music to sound more accurate. (No tracks sound muddy on the v55's, unless they're very badly mastered)post #143 of 1502/26/13 at 8:47ampost #144 of 1502/26/13 at 8:48ampost #145 of 1502/26/13 at 9:03am
I'm not trying to state my opinion as fact, so I apologize if I come across that way.
I bought the V55's when they were fairly new and paid £75 for them. But even then, I thought it was a bargain at that price.
I should also note that the V55's still retail at around £100 in many UK stores. Well worth the £40 that amazon are asking for them.
I'd take them over the beat solo & pros everytime. (Can't comment on the studios as i've never tested them, although they seem to get a bigger negative reception than the solos and pros).post #146 of 1502/26/13 at 9:21amQuote:Originally Posted by TheReem
No worries man, I have never really enjoyed a lot of sonys but many people do supose it just depends on what sound signature we are used to. If you didn't enjoy the pros you would hate the studios there awful for the price if you have heard the v moda crossfade lp they sound similar to them maybe a tad better in some areas. I hate the solo and studio they have too much bass with bleads a lot. Here in the UK we have so many competetive headphones at the 100-150 mark that the beats can sound terrible to some of them.
They'll never be a perfect headphone for everybody at any price range, because everybody has different tastes and perceptions of sound.
I think some of the headphones here in the UK are actually over priced compared to other places such as the US. A lot of the time it works our much cheaper, just to get them shipped over.post #147 of 1502/26/13 at 10:16ampost #148 of 1502/26/13 at 10:24amQuote:
The "acclaimed" are generally teenagers who have no idea that they can get far better sounding headphones in the same price range.
The "professionals" are big named celebs who are paid good money to endorse the headphones.
You get it here in the UK as well. Big star football/soccer players wearing them before games. (Sadly, people fall for it and end up squandering money on headphones that really aren't worth the price)post #149 of 1502/26/13 at 8:44pmTake a basketball players catilac bumpin the bass, put it into some McDonald's happy meal toy plastic (metal if its the pros), take a dump on it and you get some headphone that should be worth 59-75 bucks.
- How are the Beats Pro, Detox and Studios?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 2 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 8 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 8 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2