Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › April Music Eximus DP-1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

April Music Eximus DP-1 - Page 5

post #61 of 760

Does the US version of the Stello accept 220V as well?

post #62 of 760


You probably should email the company on that one. I really don't know.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleheadMay View Post

Does the US version of the Stello accept 220V as well?



 

post #63 of 760

How's the quality of the included AC and USB cables?

post #64 of 760


Just OK. My favorite USB cable is the Virtue Audio Nirvana USB that sells for around $60. It beats the Nordost Blue Heaven cable($250).  The Nirvana is more open and has better focus than the Nordost or Eximus cable..
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by airs View Post

How's the quality of the included AC and USB cables?



 

post #65 of 760

Thanks Tom.  Nice to see its a reasonable price!  Any thoughts as to a good value power cable?

 

Can anyone provide some pics of their setup/cables?  Would be fun to see...

post #66 of 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by airs View Post

Thanks Tom.  Nice to see its a reasonable price!  Any thoughts as to a good value power cable?

 

Can anyone provide some pics of their setup/cables?  Would be fun to see...



 

+1 for the pics. :)

post #67 of 760

Personally, I use a Lacie Flat Cable: imagebam.com

 

You can see that there are 8mm between the power and data lines: imagebam.com

Power and data can't quite interfere w/ one another, major bang for bucks herepopcorn.gif

 

I really concur w/ this review: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acousticrevive2/2.html

A lesser cable (converter, USB DAC) washes out the soundstage. This is probably the strongest artifact of bad USB sound.

 

The SS on the Lacie was very noticeably clearer and wider than on my other round/ferrites ridden cables. I did spend more than 1H A/Bing a handful of them.

 

This PDF shows what regular ferrites do to USB signals on page 5: http://www.tdk.de/company/ACM2012SeriesPromotionMaterial.pdf

 

I plan on cutting the Lacie USB cable in two and discretely embed both power and data lines within several layers of 99.98% copper EMI shielding tape, it's gonna make up for another night & day I'm sure biggrin.gif

post #68 of 760


Is there any reason you can't simply cut the power line entirely? Is it required for the driver to work? I assume the eximus doesn't actually draw power from the computer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post

I plan on cutting the Lacie USB cable in two and discretely embed both power and data lines within several layers of 99.98% copper EMI shielding tape, it's gonna make up for another night & day I'm sure biggrin.gif



 

post #69 of 760

I believe the dac uses the power line to sense if the usb is active.  An isolator can help with cleaning up the 'dirty' power on usb. 

post #70 of 760

Allright, I pulled the trigger on an Eximus. I'm about to join the club.  :)

Is anyone going to buy the partnering amp when it becomes available?

It's class D but the info on the site claims it to be better than Class A/B amps.

Would be interesting to know how it compares to the Stello Ai500.

post #71 of 760

When does yours arrive AHM?  Mine is scheduled for the 23rd...can't wait!

post #72 of 760

I hope soon, and not too much delay in customs.

post #73 of 760

Has anyone compared the headphone amp section on the Eximus to a separate headphone amp?

Which one and how did it fare?

post #74 of 760

 

Originally Posted by kstaken View Post

 

Is there any reason you can't simply cut the power line entirely? Is it required for the driver to work? I assume the eximus doesn't actually draw power from the computer.


I'm quite DIY savvy, but I've decided against either cracking open or electrically messing around w/ $3K pieces of kit that are still under full warranty evil_smiley.gif

post #75 of 760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleheadMay View Post

Allright, I pulled the trigger on an Eximus. I'm about to join the club.  :)

Is anyone going to buy the partnering amp when it becomes available?

It's class D but the info on the site claims it to be better than Class A/B amps.

Would be interesting to know how it compares to the Stello Ai500.



Congrats! I bet you won't be disappointed given the rave reviews the Eximus has been getting. Do post your impressions once you have a proper listen.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › April Music Eximus DP-1