Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › April Music Eximus DP-1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

April Music Eximus DP-1 - Page 29

post #421 of 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

I don't really find that convincing.

 

You didn't like it, that's unfortunate but no one is trying to convince you into anything whatsoever....there's like a zillion DAC's out there, hopefully you'll find one that you'll like...and if I were you, I'd keep looking as this would end up being a far more fruitful use of your time wink_face.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcullinan View Post

What do you guys think of the Beyer T1?

 

The worst of what the dynamic world has to offer FWIR? Try an ortho, become a believer papepipoupu.gif


Edited by leeperry - 6/28/12 at 5:14am

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #422 of 759

Can someone point me to a review of all the sound signatures of the different headphones.

Ive heard the Senn HD-800, Grado 1000, Hifiman He6 ,

Mr Speakers... lol, they are actually pretty good. My friend is an audio dealer (its bad to have friends like this!) link

Ive also heard the Audeze LCD 2. I like dynamics with detail. From the amps I heard these phones on I felt the Audez and Senn were more open expansive and detailed but not as dynamic as the Grado for example. Im wondering if it way the head amp or just the sound signature.

post #423 of 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post

 

You didn't like it, that's unfortunate but no one is trying to convince you into anything whatsoever....there's like a zillion DAC's out there, hopefully you'll find one that you'll like...and if I were you, I'd keep looking as this would end up being a far more fruitful use of your time wink_face.gif

 

 

I appreciate your ardent defense and sensitivity but I was responding to his comment that the amp 'drives' his phones.  I was saying that such a statement doesn't really mean anything and it was clear we were talking about the HO amp section and not the DAC.  As you can see I already have a DAC I'm more than satisfied with, I was just offering critical impressions of the Eximus that some might find useful.  I'd also be wary suggesting to other people what would or would not be fruitful use of their time as you see fit.  Apparently I've stumbled onto another disguised appreciation thread where offering impressions that are less than perfect are not tolerated.  Perhaps changing the thread title would be more fruitful use of time.

post #424 of 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcullinan View Post

I felt the Audez and Senn were more open expansive and detailed but not as dynamic as the Grado

 

The ortho sound might take some time to get used to, and it's basically the anti-Grado so try again if you find the patience happy_face1.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

I was responding to his comment that the amp 'drives' his phones.

 

All I'm saying is that repeating in every page that you didn't like the DP-1 is not really useful to anyone.......I hate dynamic headphones, I don't go saying that "orthos > dynamics" in every thread as this would be a waste of everyone's time biggrin.gif

 

You prefer a $50 amp over the DP-1, we heard you and we're actually happy for you.

post #425 of 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post

All I'm saying is that repeating in every page that you didn't like the DP-1 is not really useful to anyone.......I hate dynamic headphones, I don't go saying that "orthos > dynamics" in every thread as this would be a waste of everyone's time biggrin.gif

 

You prefer a $50 amp over the DP-1, we heard you and we're actually happy for you.

 

I think you are being overly sensitive and imagining something that's not there by putting words in my mouth.  To clarify, I said I liked the DP-1 DAC, just not as much as my PWD but it has a nice alternative seductive signature that I could find myself lost in. I only criticized the the amp section for HO, not the DAC.  The DP1 is primarily a DAC first it seems to me.

 

I would have been happy to stop talking about it if people didn't make silly accusations of me using an iPod or bad transport because I find the amp section not up to my standards.  Blaming a transport for an amplifiers poor performance is pretty ridiculous in itself and makes zero sense.  That nonsense requires a response.  Especially when I don't even use anything Apple.  

post #426 of 759

My point is that you've been heard, and this is all so subjective that there is no "right" or "wrong"...if you want "technically right", get a JRC4556 based O2 but subjectively speaking some review sites break it in two, mostly because you can't measure subjective SQ despite the fact that its designer seems to believe that the ASRC Benchmark DAC1 is the pinnacle of audiophilism due to its stunning measurements results: http://www.headfonia.com/nwavguys-objective-2-by-jdslabs-and-epiphany-acoustics/

Quote:
not really the total knockout NwAvGuy would have us to believe.

 

I've got more trust in TPA6120 than in JRC4556 myself jyb34.gif

 

And I rest my case that there isn't a single game ender everyone would agree upon...c'est la vie: the DP-1 is not cost effective, it's sweet sounding and it also projects a very impressive live impression when using its USB input. Not everyone will like this combination.


Edited by leeperry - 6/28/12 at 8:50am
post #427 of 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post

My point is that you've been heard, and this is all so subjective that there is no "right" or "wrong"...if you want "technically right", get a JRC4556 based O2 but subjectively speaking some review sites break it in two, mostly because you can't measure subjective SQ despite the fact that its designer seems to believe that the ASRC Benchmark DAC1 is the pinnacle of audiophilism due to its stunning measurements results: http://www.headfonia.com/nwavguys-objective-2-by-jdslabs-and-epiphany-acoustics/

 

I've got more trust in TPA6120 than in JRC4556 myself jyb34.gif

 

And I rest my case that there isn't a single game ender everyone would agree upon...c'est la vie.

 

Wow I can't believe you went there especially w/ me.  My O2 is in a box at a friends house.  It has a LM4562 in it, I don't even know where I put the JRC4556 nor do I care to find out.  I think you need to take a step back because you aren't talking about anything relevant to anything I've said tbh.  Let's move on shall we.  wink.gif

post #428 of 759

I owned the Lavry DA10. That was a nice DAC.


Edited by mcullinan - 6/28/12 at 9:13am
post #429 of 759

IMG_0155.JPG

 

Pictures speak better than Thousand Words

 

Eximus D1 as Head amp / Pre amp to drive my Stax Srm 727 mk 2 as Power Amp + Stax Sr 007 mk 2 Headphone

 

In my Set up Stax Electrostatic Amp Srm 727 mk 2 only as Stator , all the head Amp Function handel my Eximus Dp 1.

 

If my Eximus Dp1 is NOT very good Amp ?

 

Do you think can drive Stax Sr 007 mk 2 in fabolous Sound ?

 

Please advise 

post #430 of 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

IMG_0155.JPG

 

 

I hope that not a tube amp squeeze between those shelves? Also love the paper napkins or tissues between the feets biggrin.gif

post #431 of 759

It looks like a tube preamp? Integrated? The sides are open so it shouldn't be too bad. I have my preamp and mono tube amps enclosed, though I did drill many many holes in the cardboard back of the entertainment center for the tubed sections. Seems to stay relatively cool to warm. 

post #432 of 759

How many watts does the Eximus put out. Do you think they would drive the Hifiman HE6 ok?

post #433 of 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

 

Please advise 

 

I did advise but apparently the advice disappeared.  It seems to me we have a language barrier issue so I'm not sure what you areeven asking or if you are asking anything at all.  I advise you to not ask someone how your system sounds by showing a picture.  I advise you to use the HO jack instead since that was the key point we were talking about.  If you want advice about your 'stator' rig w/ the 007 you should shoot/pm a picture to Kevin Gilmore.  Personally I'm not a fan of Preamps w/ Electrostats.


Edited by Anaxilus - 6/28/12 at 1:48pm
post #434 of 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post

I hope that not a tube amp squeeze between those shelves? Also love the paper napkins or tissues between the feets biggrin.gif

You are right , In between is my high end tube pre amp T+A P 10.2 .

This is the website from Germany : http://www.taelektroakustik.de/

I use my Pre amp , as my primar set up , special in the week end , because for tube pre amp

I must warming up the tubes first for 5 minute.

For my second pre amp mostly I use Eximus Dp 1 , because solid state is instant , only turn it

On , I can directly enjoy my music.


For the tube circulation , I have increase only the wooden shelvesc about 1 cm with rubber feet.

Below the top shelves . I am not so worry about the heat because surround my rack is open.
post #435 of 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

I did advise but apparently the advice disappeared.  It seems to me we have a language barrier issue so I'm not sure what you areeven asking or if you are asking anything at all.  I advise you to not ask someone how your system sounds by showing a picture.  I advise you to use the HO jack instead since that was the key point we were talking about.  If you want advice about your 'stator' rig w/ the 007 you should shoot/pm a picture to Kevin Gilmore.  Personally I'm not a fan of Preamps w/ Electrostats.

For my all dynamic and ortho headphones I use from HO out in Eximus Dp 1

The picture show only , that with Eximus Dp 1 as pre amp / headphone amp , I can have very good Sound Quality with my set up above.

The point is , that Eximus HO section is very good head Amp.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › April Music Eximus DP-1