Hey, im now looking to buy a new set of headphones, and after reading around the forums, i thought this would be a great place to ask : )
After using the Koss Porta Pro's for a while, i decided to get something better, and thus i bought a pair of AKG 518 LE. They were quite nice, but unfortunately, it broke after just a week, thanks to the cheap plastic which isn't durable enough when collapsing them.
Now im looking for another pair, and i guess il probably get them for christmas.
So, these are my criteria;
* Im willing to spend about 1000 NOK (Norwegian currency), which is approximately 200 USD.
* Must be collapsible, so that i can bring them with me when they aren't around my neck or on my head.
* Cant look too ****ty, but i do not consider the retro look of the Porta Pro's or the Grado headphones ugly, but i dont like the looks of some studio headphones.
* I will definitively use them at school, which means they cant leak that much sound, atleast not as much as the Porta Pro's.
* They will also be used quite alot on busses, and occasionally on trains and airplanes, so they cant let too much sound get in either.
* I mostly listen to Hip-Hop (Lil Wayne, Eminem, 50 Cent, Ky-Mani/Damian Marley), some Dubstep, and sometimes Reggae (as in Bob Marley)
* Im not really sure if i want over-ear or on-ear, as long as they fullfill the criteria it doesnt really matter that much.
I've been looking at the Grado SR-60i and SR-80i, thou they would probably leak to much for my use? How much do they leak compared to the Porta Pro's?
I've also been looking at the Audio Technica ATH-M50, do anyone have any experience with them?
So what would you guys recommend?