- 2,196 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: SW
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEM for Classical Under 100 Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacement eartips suggestions (3flange?) Last post on 11/10/12 at 1:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My wallet is tired of return fees. Please help advise me on an IEM under $100 Last post on 11/4/12 at 12:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Comply T-400 - is it worth it? - Page 2post #16 of 2010/17/11 at 2:21pmHmmm, note to self must start thread with title "is ultransone edition 8 worth it?" and cross fingers
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 2010/17/11 at 2:28pmpost #18 of 2010/19/11 at 10:14amQuote:
Make your own. Go to the sporting goods area of Walmart and purchase a pack of earplugs for like $2 (~14 pairs, or $20 for 200 pairs). Cut off to desire length. Get a small nail/needle (use pliers to hold it) and heat it with a hand propane torch or stove then stick the hot needle into the center of the earplugs. And voila! you got yourself some pretty nice foam tips. Works with pretty much any iem, all you need to do is vary the size of the nail/needle. To my ears they they sound exactly like like the Complys and feels more comfortable because they don't have the inner part. But that is just my opinion.
Edited by snakeeater69 - 10/19/11 at 10:21ampost #19 of 2011/29/11 at 12:14pmQuote:
Memory foam can only hold it's shape for x amount of times (expand and hold) so in theory, this is the best way to get the most use out of you're eartips is to use them for long periods and take them off as few times as possible and your tips should last longer. Remember they add extra isolation so they're good for when you're studying as well.
***Please note that me saying memory foam can only reshape itself x amount of times mean there is a set amount for this, many factors can affect that (heat, humidity, etc) BUT it still doesn't change the fact that the less the foam has to reshape, the longer it's lifespan. ***
That's my thought on the matterpost #20 of 2011/17/13 at 9:33am
Absolutely not worth it for me! I bought a set (3 pairs) of Comply T400 for my Hifiman RE-400, and am very disappointed. The bass is much less present, and the sound isolation is nothing really better, compared to the best of the silicon tips provided by Hifiman with my RE-400. Quite some money wasted (given the high price of these comply tips)...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comply T-400 - is it worth it?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+ 35 seconds ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 1 minute ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › 11th Vienna Head-Fi Meet: 25th of March 2017 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A 4 minutes ago
- › 【≽ = शिव = ≼】91-9958802839 blaCk mAgIc SpeCIaLIsT bABa ji uae 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2... 5 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear