- 2,195 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: SW
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEM for Classical Under 100 Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacement eartips suggestions (3flange?) Last post on 11/10/12 at 1:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My wallet is tired of return fees. Please help advise me on an IEM under $100 Last post on 11/4/12 at 12:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
Comply T-400 - is it worth it? - Page 2post #16 of 2010/17/11 at 2:21pmHmmm, note to self must start thread with title "is ultransone edition 8 worth it?" and cross fingers
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 2010/17/11 at 2:28pmpost #18 of 2010/19/11 at 10:14amQuote:
Make your own. Go to the sporting goods area of Walmart and purchase a pack of earplugs for like $2 (~14 pairs, or $20 for 200 pairs). Cut off to desire length. Get a small nail/needle (use pliers to hold it) and heat it with a hand propane torch or stove then stick the hot needle into the center of the earplugs. And voila! you got yourself some pretty nice foam tips. Works with pretty much any iem, all you need to do is vary the size of the nail/needle. To my ears they they sound exactly like like the Complys and feels more comfortable because they don't have the inner part. But that is just my opinion.
Edited by snakeeater69 - 10/19/11 at 10:21ampost #19 of 2011/29/11 at 12:14pmQuote:
Memory foam can only hold it's shape for x amount of times (expand and hold) so in theory, this is the best way to get the most use out of you're eartips is to use them for long periods and take them off as few times as possible and your tips should last longer. Remember they add extra isolation so they're good for when you're studying as well.
***Please note that me saying memory foam can only reshape itself x amount of times mean there is a set amount for this, many factors can affect that (heat, humidity, etc) BUT it still doesn't change the fact that the less the foam has to reshape, the longer it's lifespan. ***
That's my thought on the matterpost #20 of 2011/17/13 at 9:33am
Absolutely not worth it for me! I bought a set (3 pairs) of Comply T400 for my Hifiman RE-400, and am very disappointed. The bass is much less present, and the sound isolation is nothing really better, compared to the best of the silicon tips provided by Hifiman with my RE-400. Quite some money wasted (given the high price of these comply tips)...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comply T-400 - is it worth it?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Noble BTS 29 seconds ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 1 minute ago
- › Need help choosing new cans - BT 770 PRO vs. ATH-MSR7 vs. SRH840 -... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 4 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 6 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 7 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear