I have been enjoying my Denon, but always missed full rendition of mid. Recently, I feel strong mid in the Denon. Has anyone had similar experience? Or is it just my ears adjusted to the phones?
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
Denon AH-D7000 recessed mid changedpost #1 of 910/15/11 at 8:27amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 910/15/11 at 9:08ampost #3 of 910/15/11 at 9:20am
If you have been listening to other headphones then at times you need to adjust to the new sound signature. I was able to get a larger more detailed midrange after some small changes to my system. The fuzzy mid cloud was removed and detail and speed were left. There will always be a little wood sound but the goal is to make it less with tweeks. My Denons are almost all mid detail now!post #4 of 910/15/11 at 9:50amQuote:
It is exactly this. After a while the phone you're listening too will become your neutral, the frequencies will even out and you won't find it too be missing anything. Only in comparison are the mids placed on a back shelf for the dominant bass.post #5 of 911/1/11 at 2:11pm
Is this a good thing?
Quote:post #6 of 911/6/11 at 10:52am
Well it's good and bad I suppose. Good in that if you listen to something long enough you're likely going to enjoy it and nothing will seem lacking. The bad in that you become accustomed to the sound, in the case of the D7000 find the emphatic bass normal and so any other headphones you move onto will sound lacking in comparison.post #7 of 911/7/11 at 7:00am
If you are concerned with this then try the open-back mod. That will bring the mids to life and tighten the bass significantly. The treble becomes very airy. If I'm to describe its sound signature with this mod it would closely resemble the Sony EX1000 but all frequencies are better than the EX1000, including bass quantity.post #8 of 911/10/11 at 3:24pmThread Starterpost #9 of 911/10/11 at 6:30pmQuote:
Good to hear. If you were interested in trying to do the open mod (which is not permanent BTW) you can just unscrew the cups and put them on the side to just test. Then you easily unclip the ear pads and let them rest against the driver instead of being clipped in place. That is all you need to do to tryout the open-back mod. I bet you will love them even more after this. You're denons will be mid-centric in comparison to stock. Good luck.
- Denon AH-D7000 recessed mid changed
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HiFIMan HE-500 9 seconds ago
- › Need an AMP/DAC recommendation for HD600's ~ under $200 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 33 seconds ago
- › Audirvana Plus 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Hey guys could you recommend a sub ~$100 amp for my Sennheiser G4ME... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)