I have been enjoying my Denon, but always missed full rendition of mid. Recently, I feel strong mid in the Denon. Has anyone had similar experience? Or is it just my ears adjusted to the phones?
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
Denon AH-D7000 recessed mid changedpost #1 of 910/15/11 at 8:27amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 910/15/11 at 9:08ampost #3 of 910/15/11 at 9:20am
If you have been listening to other headphones then at times you need to adjust to the new sound signature. I was able to get a larger more detailed midrange after some small changes to my system. The fuzzy mid cloud was removed and detail and speed were left. There will always be a little wood sound but the goal is to make it less with tweeks. My Denons are almost all mid detail now!post #4 of 910/15/11 at 9:50amQuote:
It is exactly this. After a while the phone you're listening too will become your neutral, the frequencies will even out and you won't find it too be missing anything. Only in comparison are the mids placed on a back shelf for the dominant bass.post #5 of 911/1/11 at 2:11pm
Is this a good thing?
Quote:post #6 of 911/6/11 at 10:52am
Well it's good and bad I suppose. Good in that if you listen to something long enough you're likely going to enjoy it and nothing will seem lacking. The bad in that you become accustomed to the sound, in the case of the D7000 find the emphatic bass normal and so any other headphones you move onto will sound lacking in comparison.post #7 of 911/7/11 at 7:00am
If you are concerned with this then try the open-back mod. That will bring the mids to life and tighten the bass significantly. The treble becomes very airy. If I'm to describe its sound signature with this mod it would closely resemble the Sony EX1000 but all frequencies are better than the EX1000, including bass quantity.post #8 of 911/10/11 at 3:24pmThread Starterpost #9 of 911/10/11 at 6:30pmQuote:
Good to hear. If you were interested in trying to do the open mod (which is not permanent BTW) you can just unscrew the cups and put them on the side to just test. Then you easily unclip the ear pads and let them rest against the driver instead of being clipped in place. That is all you need to do to tryout the open-back mod. I bet you will love them even more after this. You're denons will be mid-centric in comparison to stock. Good luck.
- Denon AH-D7000 recessed mid changed
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones 16 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 38 seconds ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 1 minute ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 1 minute ago
- › Reaction to snakes 2 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 minutes ago
- › Best DAC under 100 (Help!) 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2