I have been enjoying my Denon, but always missed full rendition of mid. Recently, I feel strong mid in the Denon. Has anyone had similar experience? Or is it just my ears adjusted to the phones?
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Denon AH-D7000 recessed mid changedpost #1 of 910/15/11 at 8:27amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 910/15/11 at 9:08ampost #3 of 910/15/11 at 9:20am
If you have been listening to other headphones then at times you need to adjust to the new sound signature. I was able to get a larger more detailed midrange after some small changes to my system. The fuzzy mid cloud was removed and detail and speed were left. There will always be a little wood sound but the goal is to make it less with tweeks. My Denons are almost all mid detail now!post #4 of 910/15/11 at 9:50amQuote:
It is exactly this. After a while the phone you're listening too will become your neutral, the frequencies will even out and you won't find it too be missing anything. Only in comparison are the mids placed on a back shelf for the dominant bass.post #5 of 911/1/11 at 2:11pm
Is this a good thing?
Quote:post #6 of 911/6/11 at 10:52am
Well it's good and bad I suppose. Good in that if you listen to something long enough you're likely going to enjoy it and nothing will seem lacking. The bad in that you become accustomed to the sound, in the case of the D7000 find the emphatic bass normal and so any other headphones you move onto will sound lacking in comparison.post #7 of 911/7/11 at 7:00am
If you are concerned with this then try the open-back mod. That will bring the mids to life and tighten the bass significantly. The treble becomes very airy. If I'm to describe its sound signature with this mod it would closely resemble the Sony EX1000 but all frequencies are better than the EX1000, including bass quantity.post #8 of 911/10/11 at 3:24pmThread Starterpost #9 of 911/10/11 at 6:30pmQuote:
Good to hear. If you were interested in trying to do the open mod (which is not permanent BTW) you can just unscrew the cups and put them on the side to just test. Then you easily unclip the ear pads and let them rest against the driver instead of being clipped in place. That is all you need to do to tryout the open-back mod. I bet you will love them even more after this. You're denons will be mid-centric in comparison to stock. Good luck.
- Denon AH-D7000 recessed mid changed
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FS Hybrid IEM Audiofly AF78 47 seconds ago
- › Alpha dogs + lepy 2020a possible? 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › How does the cerwin vega XD5 compared to the JBL LSR 305 if any one... 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 5 minutes ago
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 5 minutes ago
- › Which is best for Rock music? SoundMagic E30, E50, E80, and others 6 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 7 minutes ago
- › Possible alternative to RSA Intruder? 9 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2