I have been enjoying my Denon, but always missed full rendition of mid. Recently, I feel strong mid in the Denon. Has anyone had similar experience? Or is it just my ears adjusted to the phones?
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
After deciding that I’d need about $1K to get the sound I was after, I was getting frustrated with the IEM world. After all, I could just buy the OPPO PM3 for $400, call it a day, and deal with the...
Introduction I've been writing many reviews for local audiophile sites of my country so I decided to write one for head-fi too. Subject is Ostry KC06. (a.k.a Giant Slayer) Sources used: LG...
Denon AH-D7000 recessed mid changedpost #1 of 910/15/11 at 8:27amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 910/15/11 at 9:08ampost #3 of 910/15/11 at 9:20am
If you have been listening to other headphones then at times you need to adjust to the new sound signature. I was able to get a larger more detailed midrange after some small changes to my system. The fuzzy mid cloud was removed and detail and speed were left. There will always be a little wood sound but the goal is to make it less with tweeks. My Denons are almost all mid detail now!post #4 of 910/15/11 at 9:50amQuote:
It is exactly this. After a while the phone you're listening too will become your neutral, the frequencies will even out and you won't find it too be missing anything. Only in comparison are the mids placed on a back shelf for the dominant bass.post #5 of 911/1/11 at 2:11pm
Is this a good thing?
Quote:post #6 of 911/6/11 at 10:52am
Well it's good and bad I suppose. Good in that if you listen to something long enough you're likely going to enjoy it and nothing will seem lacking. The bad in that you become accustomed to the sound, in the case of the D7000 find the emphatic bass normal and so any other headphones you move onto will sound lacking in comparison.post #7 of 911/7/11 at 7:00am
If you are concerned with this then try the open-back mod. That will bring the mids to life and tighten the bass significantly. The treble becomes very airy. If I'm to describe its sound signature with this mod it would closely resemble the Sony EX1000 but all frequencies are better than the EX1000, including bass quantity.post #8 of 911/10/11 at 3:24pmThread Starterpost #9 of 911/10/11 at 6:30pmQuote:
Good to hear. If you were interested in trying to do the open mod (which is not permanent BTW) you can just unscrew the cups and put them on the side to just test. Then you easily unclip the ear pads and let them rest against the driver instead of being clipped in place. That is all you need to do to tryout the open-back mod. I bet you will love them even more after this. You're denons will be mid-centric in comparison to stock. Good luck.
- Denon AH-D7000 recessed mid changed
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 40 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG Pro Audio K812PRO Superior Reference Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions... 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 4 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse