I have been enjoying my Denon, but always missed full rendition of mid. Recently, I feel strong mid in the Denon. Has anyone had similar experience? Or is it just my ears adjusted to the phones?
Related Forum Threads
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which high-end for trance? Last post on 8/12/12 at 4:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
Denon AH-D7000 recessed mid changedpost #1 of 910/15/11 at 8:27amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 910/15/11 at 9:08ampost #3 of 910/15/11 at 9:20am
If you have been listening to other headphones then at times you need to adjust to the new sound signature. I was able to get a larger more detailed midrange after some small changes to my system. The fuzzy mid cloud was removed and detail and speed were left. There will always be a little wood sound but the goal is to make it less with tweeks. My Denons are almost all mid detail now!post #4 of 910/15/11 at 9:50amQuote:
It is exactly this. After a while the phone you're listening too will become your neutral, the frequencies will even out and you won't find it too be missing anything. Only in comparison are the mids placed on a back shelf for the dominant bass.post #5 of 911/1/11 at 2:11pm
Is this a good thing?
Quote:post #6 of 911/6/11 at 10:52am
Well it's good and bad I suppose. Good in that if you listen to something long enough you're likely going to enjoy it and nothing will seem lacking. The bad in that you become accustomed to the sound, in the case of the D7000 find the emphatic bass normal and so any other headphones you move onto will sound lacking in comparison.post #7 of 911/7/11 at 7:00am
If you are concerned with this then try the open-back mod. That will bring the mids to life and tighten the bass significantly. The treble becomes very airy. If I'm to describe its sound signature with this mod it would closely resemble the Sony EX1000 but all frequencies are better than the EX1000, including bass quantity.post #8 of 911/10/11 at 3:24pmThread Starterpost #9 of 911/10/11 at 6:30pmQuote:
Good to hear. If you were interested in trying to do the open mod (which is not permanent BTW) you can just unscrew the cups and put them on the side to just test. Then you easily unclip the ear pads and let them rest against the driver instead of being clipped in place. That is all you need to do to tryout the open-back mod. I bet you will love them even more after this. You're denons will be mid-centric in comparison to stock. Good luck.
- Denon AH-D7000 recessed mid changed
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Stax Thread III 6 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 35 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 5 minutes ago
- › I.C Mint Noble Kaiser 10U Aluminum version 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...