Looking for a good pair of IEM that i can use while i work out with an iPhone control, and preferably under 80$. Ive been looking at some sennheisers and sure's but i would like some info from people that have used some. Thanks
- productAltec Lansing AHP112 Compact Portable Stereo Earbudtagged by System, 10/19/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 10/19/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/11
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 10/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- What would you reccomend out of these 5 earbuds for the type of music i listen to Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help deciding on IEM's Last post on 11/1/12 at 3:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In-Ear's with Mic for iP5, max $100... Phone use Last post on 10/15/12 at 12:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Double Review] Etymotic HF3 & Sony XBA-3, with appearances from the Vsonic GR07 MKII Last post on 7/3/13 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
Recommendation for working out IEMpost #1 of 1610/15/11 at 1:17amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1610/15/11 at 3:46ampost #3 of 1610/16/11 at 12:04amThread Starterpost #4 of 1610/16/11 at 12:56amThread Starterpost #5 of 1610/16/11 at 8:43ampost #6 of 1610/16/11 at 10:30ampost #7 of 1610/16/11 at 10:43am
You should really look into the Meelectronics M6P. It has amazing sound for the price, along with the iPhone controls you want. Plus, they're near indestructible. Anybody who has owned one will rave about the value of these phonespost #8 of 1610/16/11 at 12:55pmI'm in the same boat as you. I've been a fan of the Klipsch Promedia (often on sale for cheap, and same sound as the S4) but I keep losing/breaking them. Haven't seen them on sale lately, though.
Just ordered these, which are supposedly on par with them.
Other cheap options: Apple IEM w/mic, or of course any Meelec phone with the inline remote.post #9 of 1610/16/11 at 1:03pmThread Starterpost #10 of 1610/16/11 at 3:16pm
I totally agree. the M6P is the way to go, very comfy and secure. This is my go to IEM when I take my dog for a walk. The sound is great and they are only around $20 which is a steal.
Xears N3i is a nice pair too, but I had serious comfort issues with mine. They are too big and the J-cord is too short. not a good choice for the gym. I even like better the sound sig of the M6P.post #11 of 1610/16/11 at 4:07pmpost #12 of 1610/16/11 at 6:03pm
Not to hi-jack the thread but it's relevant...I see the M6P a few dollars cheaper than the the M6. How is the inline remote when working out? Doesn't it bounce around with the weight if you're running or lifting? I'm also guessing they are the same phones except for the control?post #13 of 1610/16/11 at 6:25pmpost #14 of 1610/16/11 at 11:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by HeatFan12
Not to hi-jack the thread but it's relevant...I see the M6P a few dollars cheaper than the the M6. How is the inline remote when working out? Doesn't it bounce around with the weight if you're running or lifting? I'm also guessing they are the same phones except for the control?
Nope. The weight of the remote really doesn't make a difference because it's so light. I do clip it to my shirt, though, because if it's just dangling the cord snags pretty easily. Same for all phones though.post #15 of 1610/17/11 at 1:57am
I found that Feels Pro.900 is the best for me for working out.
It is so light, you forgot that you wear them, and with T100 tips, perfect fits and they don't fall out eitherReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendation for working out IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Reterminate 6.3mm to 4 pin XLR 4 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ Appreciation thread. Opinions, reviews,... 1 minute ago
- › Turtle Beach i30 and SEVEN series? 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 2 minutes ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude