Now I know why the LCD threads are so long!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 11/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which is your Audeze Desert Island Headphone: LCD-3 or LCD-X Last post on Today at 2:57 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3? Last post on Yesterday at 3:22 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Abyss ab1266, A greatest Headphone in the world now! Compare with 009 LCD3 R10 and so on in this... Last post on 12/5/13 at 4:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- is audeze a bad idea for classical music? Last post on Yesterday at 1:04 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones, going from 91db to 96 db, would it make a noticeable difference with a DAP ? Last post on 12/4/13 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
Audeze LCD3 Initial Impression - Page 23post #331 of 34710/26/11 at 10:53amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #332 of 34710/26/11 at 11:03amQuote:
To me Godiva is sort of the Rolex of watches. Or maybe the Bose of chocolates. I have not tried Royce, but I do believe Scharffen Berger is probably on that same level.post #333 of 34710/26/11 at 11:21ampost #334 of 34710/26/11 at 11:40ampost #335 of 34710/26/11 at 2:14pmpost #336 of 34710/26/11 at 5:39pmpost #337 of 34710/27/11 at 8:37ampost #338 of 34710/27/11 at 8:42amQuote:
I agree with you. Changing the thread title to "Audeze LCD-3 Discussion" would probably suffice.post #339 of 34710/27/11 at 9:08ampost #340 of 34710/31/11 at 9:48amQuote:
I love Royce, would make a point to hoard them whenever I'm in Singapore.
But for good chocolate that is cheaper and more easily accessible, Germany's Ritter Sport will always be my favorite.post #341 of 34711/3/11 at 9:21pmQuote:
I know it's about the sound. But at that price point, I need aesthetics too. Must... be... black!post #342 of 34711/3/11 at 9:38pmpost #343 of 34711/7/11 at 11:36amQuote:
Absolutely - "must be black!"
But... the sound has to be 100% better than the LCD2's, HE'6's, etc.post #344 of 34711/7/11 at 11:50amQuote:
I also feel strongly about the look of my headphones and basically brown is not my color.post #345 of 34712/7/13 at 5:14am
Thanks for the review. I have been torn between the HD800 and the LCD 3. The fact that the LCD are a fair bit more expensive than the HD800 would the purchase be worth it. It came 8th place in the battle of the flagships. Be grateful for comments.
- Audeze LCD3 Initial Impression
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 20 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 25 seconds ago
- › Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) 1 minute ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK10 portable DAC and amp 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 2 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64 4 minutes ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . 1st listening impressions... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi