+1 Too many!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphonetagged by System, 11/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- I need recommendations for headphone amps/dacs Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 7/5/15 at 8:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
Audeze LCD3 Initial Impression - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think Audeze should have a special introductory price for the LCD-3 for a limited time -just like the T1 had.
So at what introductory price would you buy one?
+ 200% appreciation tax.............
Well, one of the compromises of the LCD 2 is that the soundstage and layering is not as good as any of the Stax, Sennheiser HE60/90/HD800, Sony R10, Qualia etc....
If we are looking at a $2000 for the LCD3 and Audeze want to compete in this space, then these are the areas that MUST be improved upon to justify such a cost. I am a great fan of the existing LCD2, especially in relation to price vs performance, but the LCD3 has to be a substantial improvement to come anywhere close to the Stax 009 or Sennheiser Orpheus.
The 009 and Orpheus arn't hype type headphones they are expensive and scarce. They often don't impress at first listening and its only after extended use do you realise just how good the are
I have a discussion with Alex at the booth when he asked me about the sound stage. Personally I think in terms of spatial dimension, the sound stage is about the same or may be slightly larger. But the key is that it sounded so nice that it seems putting the music in its natural postiion. Nothing seems out of place. Frankly I was so drawn to the music and did not feel there is anything lack thereof. But I should probably stated my listening preference is vocal. So, I guess for those who listen to classical may wish the sound stage is larger.
I know I probably would get slammed for hyping by noting the above initial impression. But after Jude TV episode on the 009, I thought about getting the 009, I also heard the HE90, I didn't hype about these two after hearing them. I don't mind to be differed by those who have heard the LCD3, but can only laugh away at the comments of those that have not heard the LCD3.
I don't think anywhere in that impression that he said the 009 was beaten. He just said the 009 was bright...
It would be nice if the LCD3 could beat the 009, but I won't be holding my breath. I just hope it could give me a taste of the 009 performance, because I could never afford a 009. But, if I could afford a set - I would have bought a set already. The LCD3s are within reach, barely, for people like me, I think.
thanks for your great review.
However I may have different opinions even I have not heard the LCD3. I own the LCD2 rev1 , rev2, HD800, HD600
SR009 and HE90, all the headphones listed in your review of course except LCD3. I use the SR009 with 727A
Spritzer modded, I don't have BHSE but I have DIY T2 with stax and orpheus outlet. I use the Balancing Act 300B
to drive the dynamic and orthodynamic headphoes with great result.
If I never hear the LCD3, I would say that the LCD2 v1 or v2 is a very enjoyable and engaging phone. But unfortunately now that
I have heard the LCD3, the LCD2 V1 or V2 has has shown some graininess in comparison. With the first sound
wave hitting my eardrum, I am at awe at how smooth, clear, balance, and yet very engaging the LCD3 sounded.
The bass is still even tighter. Without question another layer of veil has been lifted from the LCD2
Can these effects be because of different source, different amplifier? Because all of the listed good points of the LCD3 over the LCD2
I can correct all those with the use of LCD2 rev 2 , rev1 with fully balanced setup , good cable with Balancing Act and tube rolling.
Even if not, it does not seem to me that the LCD3 is a must in my system. So I think before we will spend 2000$ for new headphone
should we consider about all these factors as well as the source and setup.
The difference to me is like the HD600 to the HD800
This one I am not sure because I think both have different sound signature while by what you described the LCD3 seems
to have the same sound signature as you said It still has the Audeze house sound but every aspect seems to clearly improved
When I see this it makes me think it's the same as LCD2 rev 2 vs LCD rev1 more than HD600 vs HD800. However I can correct something
that rev2 is better than rev1 by adjusting the source, amplifier and tubes os I think LCD3 may not have significant change in my setup and I
have already cancelled my preorder
I personally felt the difference was bigger than the difference between the HD800 and the HE90 (I compared the two only couple of months ago in a small meet and I have owned the HD800 for almost from the beginning).
Again this statement should be interpreted with care as you don't have much time to use both in proper set up.
I find myself enjoyed the LCD3 more so than the Stax 009 as I find the 009 a little brighter than the LCD3 which I worry may induce fatigue easier
This one I wholeheartedly agree with you. I found that Stax SR009 is in bright tone and seems brighter and brighter when you listened long time. I also
cannot listen long time. I think LCD 2 or LCD3 hold an edge over Stax SR009 in this aspect until we know which amplifier is appropriate for SR009.
Total speculation and innuendo.
Which is totally on par with what gets posted so prevalently by those without facts and too much time on their hands...............................
So far, the LCD3's first impressions seem to suggest many improvements over the LCD2.
Has anyone else had the chance to listen to it and want to point out some simple details comparing with the LCD2? Any information would be great!
- Audeze LCD3 Initial Impression
- › The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 10 minutes ago
- › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 10 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 10 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse