So i got a pair of portapros, and decided to do some modding. I cut a quarter hole in the foam, and it made them sound nice, but ide like to Kramer mod them, as i think their too deep in bass. I found a guide, took the cushions off and saw the little black clips, tried pushing at them with a thin knife and the grill didnt budge! Is there something im doing wrong? Ide love some help!
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to keep in a time capsule Last post on 12/20/11 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Disgraceful Koss costumer service Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GREAT sounding light weight headphones, not IEM. Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia) Last post on 9/15/11 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on ear headphones for about £10 (for DIY ear muff headphones) Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS?post #1 of 210/14/11 at 12:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/14/11 at 8:32pm
I had issues taking those grills of my portapro as well. I just left it at that and just did the quarter mod. Do an experiment if you would.Take the drivers off the band and put them up to your ears. You will find them having much less bass and better highs. I have a pair of ksc75 clipons that fit right on to the portapro drivers and now they sound totally different. Go figure that whats holding the drivers is whats really affecting the sound..
- HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Lightweight cans with good isolation for listening whilst studying 6 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MRD-XB50: All of your basses...all of them. 2 minutes ago
- › Receiver wonky - repair, give away, other? 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Audio-GD DAC [mid/hi-fi 500 - 1500$] 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)