So i got a pair of portapros, and decided to do some modding. I cut a quarter hole in the foam, and it made them sound nice, but ide like to Kramer mod them, as i think their too deep in bass. I found a guide, took the cushions off and saw the little black clips, tried pushing at them with a thin knife and the grill didnt budge! Is there something im doing wrong? Ide love some help!
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to keep in a time capsule Last post on 12/20/11 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Disgraceful Koss costumer service Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GREAT sounding light weight headphones, not IEM. Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia) Last post on 9/15/11 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on ear headphones for about £10 (for DIY ear muff headphones) Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
I bought this in october. I agree with other reviewers, the sound is definitely value for money you can read other reviews for that. However, the build quality is terrible. I took good...
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS?post #1 of 210/14/11 at 12:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/14/11 at 8:32pm
I had issues taking those grills of my portapro as well. I just left it at that and just did the quarter mod. Do an experiment if you would.Take the drivers off the band and put them up to your ears. You will find them having much less bass and better highs. I have a pair of ksc75 clipons that fit right on to the portapro drivers and now they sound totally different. Go figure that whats holding the drivers is whats really affecting the sound..
- HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Orgy of Capacitors: The Cap Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 25 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Set Of Headphones To Pair With Lyr? 3 minutes ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2