So i got a pair of portapros, and decided to do some modding. I cut a quarter hole in the foam, and it made them sound nice, but ide like to Kramer mod them, as i think their too deep in bass. I found a guide, took the cushions off and saw the little black clips, tried pushing at them with a thin knife and the grill didnt budge! Is there something im doing wrong? Ide love some help!
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to keep in a time capsule Last post on 12/20/11 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Disgraceful Koss costumer service Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GREAT sounding light weight headphones, not IEM. Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia) Last post on 9/15/11 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on ear headphones for about £10 (for DIY ear muff headphones) Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS?post #1 of 210/14/11 at 12:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/14/11 at 8:32pm
I had issues taking those grills of my portapro as well. I just left it at that and just did the quarter mod. Do an experiment if you would.Take the drivers off the band and put them up to your ears. You will find them having much less bass and better highs. I have a pair of ksc75 clipons that fit right on to the portapro drivers and now they sound totally different. Go figure that whats holding the drivers is whats really affecting the sound..
- HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 10 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 26 seconds ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 2 minutes ago
- › Definitive List of Well-Recorded Rock Albums 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2