So i got a pair of portapros, and decided to do some modding. I cut a quarter hole in the foam, and it made them sound nice, but ide like to Kramer mod them, as i think their too deep in bass. I found a guide, took the cushions off and saw the little black clips, tried pushing at them with a thin knife and the grill didnt budge! Is there something im doing wrong? Ide love some help!
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to keep in a time capsule Last post on 12/20/11 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Disgraceful Koss costumer service Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GREAT sounding light weight headphones, not IEM. Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia) Last post on 9/15/11 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on ear headphones for about £10 (for DIY ear muff headphones) Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS?post #1 of 210/14/11 at 12:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/14/11 at 8:32pm
I had issues taking those grills of my portapro as well. I just left it at that and just did the quarter mod. Do an experiment if you would.Take the drivers off the band and put them up to your ears. You will find them having much less bass and better highs. I have a pair of ksc75 clipons that fit right on to the portapro drivers and now they sound totally different. Go figure that whats holding the drivers is whats really affecting the sound..
- HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › WEE - new product from Woo Audio 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › Ottawa Regional meet - September 2015 - respond here 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 9 minutes ago
- › Portable Amp Recommendations - iPhone 6 and Ultimate Ears Pro 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)