So i got a pair of portapros, and decided to do some modding. I cut a quarter hole in the foam, and it made them sound nice, but ide like to Kramer mod them, as i think their too deep in bass. I found a guide, took the cushions off and saw the little black clips, tried pushing at them with a thin knife and the grill didnt budge! Is there something im doing wrong? Ide love some help!
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to keep in a time capsule Last post on 12/20/11 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Disgraceful Koss costumer service Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GREAT sounding light weight headphones, not IEM. Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones under $30 (shipped to Australia) Last post on 9/15/11 at 9:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on ear headphones for about £10 (for DIY ear muff headphones) Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS?post #1 of 210/14/11 at 12:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/14/11 at 8:32pm
I had issues taking those grills of my portapro as well. I just left it at that and just did the quarter mod. Do an experiment if you would.Take the drivers off the band and put them up to your ears. You will find them having much less bass and better highs. I have a pair of ksc75 clipons that fit right on to the portapro drivers and now they sound totally different. Go figure that whats holding the drivers is whats really affecting the sound..
- HELP KRAMER MODDING PORTAPROS?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 28 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 37 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 or 700 from the M50 50 seconds ago
- › Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 or 700 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › Best headphone voting 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)