A bit leaner then the 3C and more or less as the 3F is that has been reported. You can read Tyll’s review and measurements on Inner fidelity if you haven’t done it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/27/14 at 12:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 650post #9736 of 974910/17/14 at 11:53am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9737 of 974910/17/14 at 12:01pmpost #9738 of 974910/17/14 at 12:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by goldendarko
Low budget I think the E12 is the champ, for middle range I would probably give a good look to the ALO Audio Rx Mk3 B+ (what wonderful naming huh - $649) or the Centrance HiFi M8 ($699), or the new Centrance Hifi Mini M8 (also $699). I haven't owned those last 2 but I have heard them (the Centrance HiFi M8 & ALO Audio ones I mean) and they both sounded great with my LCD-3, though I settled on the E12 because I found the sound only marginally better on the others but the value much better with the Fiio Amp, it's now my go to portable amp for LCD-3, HE-560 & Alpha Dog headphones.
I will second the ALO Rx Mk3-B+ . My LCD-3 and LCD-X both sound excellent with this amp. I mainly listen to the X's with the Hugo, but the ALO amp with a DX90 is my alternate portable rig and it sounds very good.post #9739 of 974910/17/14 at 12:17pmQuote:
It’s correct in his review he compared the 3f to the 3c, 2f and 2c, X. The sonic change from adding fazor on an LCD 3C I only seen posted by people on this forum. Do a search on this and other Audeze threads if you don’t believe me!post #9740 of 974910/17/14 at 1:17pmpost #9741 of 974910/17/14 at 3:03pmQuote:
I’m looking forward on your thoughts between lcd3f and lcd3cf! My guess is it’s not going to be much of a difference on the Conductor (SS amp). Maybe some more on something like an OTL amp that benefits from higher Ohms.post #9742 of 974910/17/14 at 5:15pmpost #9743 of 974910/17/14 at 8:45pmQuote:
Yup... I am looking forward to the day I can refer to mine as the lcd3fc when it gets the carbon fiber headband upgrade!post #9744 of 974910/27/14 at 11:54amQuote:
that will be SLICK.
The LCD-3 has always been my favorite Audeze - and its actually THE headphone that's responsible for my transition from high-end audio two-channel in-room systems to high-end personal audio!!
After I got the X and XC however, I got the LCD-2 w/ Fazor - and fell in love with it. It was almost like I was hearing what so many people went NUTS OVER before with the original LCD-2! Now, don't get me wrong, I used to dig my LCD-2s (OG version) but the LCD-3 put me into another time and space when ever I was in a listening sesh - like a grand loudspeaker system...
So I've been really feelin' the new LCD-2 w/ Fazor - and though it may have become my new fave - until my LCD-3 w/ Fazor broke-in!!!!
WHOAH. Sorry: no-audiophile approved buzzwords right now for me - I'm just basking in the insane spaciousness, with both micro and macro-dynamic detail GALORE (oops, there're those approved buzzwords, LOL).
I'm finding the new LCD-3 w/ Fazor actually plays nicer with more amplifiers.
Anybody else experiencing that?
What a sonic TREATpost #9745 of 974910/27/14 at 12:11pmpost #9746 of 974910/27/14 at 12:40pmMike I found I had to tube-roll my best-performing amp when I went from the LCD2r1 to 3F. Not surprising considering the comparative darkness of the 2r1.
OTOH the gap between my well-performing mid-level SS amp (Meier Classic) and the tube one narrowed significantly going from 2r1 to 3F. That may support the idea the 3F "plays nicer".
I've never heard the 2r2 or 3C so those comparisons are out.post #9747 of 974910/28/14 at 12:04pmpost #9748 of 974910/29/14 at 7:01am
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FS: Fiio X5 Bundle 37 seconds ago
- › M-Audio AV40 - still a good buy? 40 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Head Fi's Balanced Battalion 2 minutes ago
- › WTB Denon D2000 or D5000 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)