2 pairs. LCD2.2 from 2012 and LCD3 from 2013. No driver failure. I had a cable issue (soldering on the left driver connector on the cable side was horrible). The cable was replaced by my local hi-fi, and they managed to get Audeze to send them a cable as replacement.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 633
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9482 of 113188/12/14 at 12:49ampost #9483 of 113188/12/14 at 3:19amQuote:
There were some initial issues with drivers on serial numbers starting 231 (most of those that would fail should have failed by now). I have a vague recollection that this is what resulted in Audeze offering a 3 year warranty on LCD-3s. It looks like they had another spurt of failures at some point during the first half of 2013. But forum members should realise that the kind of customer that buys an LCD-3 will often be aware of head-fi and most will post here if they experience failures....so the forum thread can provide a skewed perception that they are "all" failing, which is not true. Now I don't want to tempt fate, but my unit which was validated according to the graph in August 2012 (serial 261) has been faultless so far.post #9484 of 113188/12/14 at 3:45amQuote:This is slightly irresponsible approach. Nothing personal but more often these days new members cling onto any negative out of nothing more than natural anxiety over money.
Welcome to the forum. Having read all 9000 posts the reported issues and the rate of the same are not concerning. No more than any other thread over the last 9.5 years I've been on this site. Far more interesting is to read about the customer service care; any product can fail.
In contrast another manufacturer have weekly issues reported with the product and they clearly do not have the manufacturing issues resolved yet, suggest you read that thread for contextpost #9485 of 113188/12/14 at 4:10amI dont Think its irresponsible I've read many pages on this thread, ad I started I think LCD3 is a wonderful headphone, but at sometime I stop reading post here, because one user after another complaint about drives had to be replaces.
Maybe not that big of a deal when you live In the US, but another story when you live in Europe and have to pay a lot for shipping and maybe taxes.post #9486 of 113188/12/14 at 4:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Moonhead
I dont Think its irresponsible I've read many pages on this thread, ad I started I think LCD3 is a wonderful headphone, but at sometime I stop reading post here, because one user after another complaint about drives had to be replaces.
Maybe not that big of a deal when you live In the US, but another story when you live in Europe and have to pay a lot for shipping and maybe taxes.
Choose a dealer that will handle the international returns for you. Mine will! If you are in the EU, excluding the UK, then the dealer is responsible for handling your returns for 2 years...in the UK it is only one year. However many will help you for the entire warranty period if needed. Audeze seem to have a technique for return shipping avoiding customs (for the UK at least)....but if you have to get it there yourself, of course it is a considerable expense. I am not sure if Audeze can arrange a courier collection on your behalf.post #9487 of 113188/12/14 at 4:57amThanks for sharing Jonstatt.
I eventually sold my HD800 I loved it for its technicalities, details etc, but sometimes felt cold and downright sterile not to mention I could be boring if you didn't feat it with good masters.
I have listen to LCD3 non-fazor only ones, but was struck by how lush and lifelike it sounded to the HD800 and the weight didn't border me much, I had HE6 before, almost feels the same in my book.
I just killed my wallet by purchasing some 009, so no Audeze for me right now, I guess I will be able to afford some by time they will be named LCD4 or something alikepost #9488 of 113188/12/14 at 5:26am^I avoided the electrostats for exactly the reported driver failure/imbalance issues. Maybe it is worst in my part of the world where it's always humid. If reliability is a concern, maybe sennheiser is the best pick as I seldom hear anyone reporting issues for my lowly hd25 or totl hd800....post #9489 of 113188/12/14 at 5:35amI off course first read about drivers issue after I had purchase my 009, I not sure it's the same case with 007?
I feel the same way that HD800 is maybe one of the most reliable headphones out there, if I discover trouble with my 009 i will get some HD800 or LCD3 or maybe both .
Sorry for off topic guys.post #9490 of 113188/13/14 at 3:10ampost #9491 of 113188/13/14 at 4:46amJust got mine back from repair! I was just comtemplating if I should get my set fazored when my right driver gave way a month ago. I can't tell how different my before and after fazored LCD-3 sound since my set-up has improved quite a bit over the last month. Anyway, I finally get to use my Wywire Red cable since getting them weeks ago. Wow, even when not fully burnt in, the improvement over the stock cable is already so much. Bigger soundstage, more detailed and better imaging with the Wywire red. It is really quite a cable and given the short turnaround time and reasonable price, one should seriously consider the Wywire red cable if you are looking for a cable for LCD-3.
Edited by froger - 8/13/14 at 4:48ampost #9492 of 113188/13/14 at 5:05ampost #9493 of 113188/13/14 at 5:21amQuote:
I sent them to US through my local agent. I didn't pay a cent, but it took around 7 weeks as my local agent kept it for almost a month before sending it over together with other stuff.post #9494 of 113188/13/14 at 5:31ampost #9495 of 113188/13/14 at 8:48pm
Here is the FR graph for my LCD-X. Would like to compare with some from the LCD-3(f) just to see how the bass end looks as well as the treble. I LOVE these cans but I think I would also like to have the LCD-3(f) for some of the mellower selections in the library for those beautiful mids etc. Although I have absolutely NO COMPLAINTS with the X. In fact for rockin' heavy it's really hard to beat these cans period IMHO. Just remembering the 3(c) I had and ya know it was really hard to see those cans go away especially for delicate guitar work and some vocals where those beautiful mids just carried me away... I can see a pair of LCD-3(f) in the future BUT no way are these X going anywhere. In fact it could be said that possibly some improved upstream componentry may well be in order before investing in another set of cans at this point.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Effect Audio cables thread 38 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 47 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Discussion - best AMP/DAC combo for TH900 gaming 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso PB3 Mockingbird Portable Balanced Headphone Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Onkyo A800 and H900M full-size headphones - shipping March 2016 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear