2 pairs. LCD2.2 from 2012 and LCD3 from 2013. No driver failure. I had a cable issue (soldering on the left driver connector on the cable side was horrible). The cable was replaced by my local hi-fi, and they managed to get Audeze to send them a cable as replacement.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 633
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9482 of 112208/12/14 at 12:49ampost #9483 of 112208/12/14 at 3:19amQuote:
There were some initial issues with drivers on serial numbers starting 231 (most of those that would fail should have failed by now). I have a vague recollection that this is what resulted in Audeze offering a 3 year warranty on LCD-3s. It looks like they had another spurt of failures at some point during the first half of 2013. But forum members should realise that the kind of customer that buys an LCD-3 will often be aware of head-fi and most will post here if they experience failures....so the forum thread can provide a skewed perception that they are "all" failing, which is not true. Now I don't want to tempt fate, but my unit which was validated according to the graph in August 2012 (serial 261) has been faultless so far.post #9484 of 112208/12/14 at 3:45amQuote:This is slightly irresponsible approach. Nothing personal but more often these days new members cling onto any negative out of nothing more than natural anxiety over money.
Welcome to the forum. Having read all 9000 posts the reported issues and the rate of the same are not concerning. No more than any other thread over the last 9.5 years I've been on this site. Far more interesting is to read about the customer service care; any product can fail.
In contrast another manufacturer have weekly issues reported with the product and they clearly do not have the manufacturing issues resolved yet, suggest you read that thread for contextpost #9485 of 112208/12/14 at 4:10amI dont Think its irresponsible I've read many pages on this thread, ad I started I think LCD3 is a wonderful headphone, but at sometime I stop reading post here, because one user after another complaint about drives had to be replaces.
Maybe not that big of a deal when you live In the US, but another story when you live in Europe and have to pay a lot for shipping and maybe taxes.post #9486 of 112208/12/14 at 4:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Moonhead
I dont Think its irresponsible I've read many pages on this thread, ad I started I think LCD3 is a wonderful headphone, but at sometime I stop reading post here, because one user after another complaint about drives had to be replaces.
Maybe not that big of a deal when you live In the US, but another story when you live in Europe and have to pay a lot for shipping and maybe taxes.
Choose a dealer that will handle the international returns for you. Mine will! If you are in the EU, excluding the UK, then the dealer is responsible for handling your returns for 2 years...in the UK it is only one year. However many will help you for the entire warranty period if needed. Audeze seem to have a technique for return shipping avoiding customs (for the UK at least)....but if you have to get it there yourself, of course it is a considerable expense. I am not sure if Audeze can arrange a courier collection on your behalf.post #9487 of 112208/12/14 at 4:57amThanks for sharing Jonstatt.
I eventually sold my HD800 I loved it for its technicalities, details etc, but sometimes felt cold and downright sterile not to mention I could be boring if you didn't feat it with good masters.
I have listen to LCD3 non-fazor only ones, but was struck by how lush and lifelike it sounded to the HD800 and the weight didn't border me much, I had HE6 before, almost feels the same in my book.
I just killed my wallet by purchasing some 009, so no Audeze for me right now, I guess I will be able to afford some by time they will be named LCD4 or something alikepost #9488 of 112208/12/14 at 5:26am^I avoided the electrostats for exactly the reported driver failure/imbalance issues. Maybe it is worst in my part of the world where it's always humid. If reliability is a concern, maybe sennheiser is the best pick as I seldom hear anyone reporting issues for my lowly hd25 or totl hd800....post #9489 of 112208/12/14 at 5:35amI off course first read about drivers issue after I had purchase my 009, I not sure it's the same case with 007?
I feel the same way that HD800 is maybe one of the most reliable headphones out there, if I discover trouble with my 009 i will get some HD800 or LCD3 or maybe both .
Sorry for off topic guys.post #9490 of 112208/13/14 at 3:10ampost #9491 of 112208/13/14 at 4:46amJust got mine back from repair! I was just comtemplating if I should get my set fazored when my right driver gave way a month ago. I can't tell how different my before and after fazored LCD-3 sound since my set-up has improved quite a bit over the last month. Anyway, I finally get to use my Wywire Red cable since getting them weeks ago. Wow, even when not fully burnt in, the improvement over the stock cable is already so much. Bigger soundstage, more detailed and better imaging with the Wywire red. It is really quite a cable and given the short turnaround time and reasonable price, one should seriously consider the Wywire red cable if you are looking for a cable for LCD-3.
Edited by froger - 8/13/14 at 4:48ampost #9492 of 112208/13/14 at 5:05ampost #9493 of 112208/13/14 at 5:21amQuote:
I sent them to US through my local agent. I didn't pay a cent, but it took around 7 weeks as my local agent kept it for almost a month before sending it over together with other stuff.post #9494 of 112208/13/14 at 5:31ampost #9495 of 112208/13/14 at 8:48pm
Here is the FR graph for my LCD-X. Would like to compare with some from the LCD-3(f) just to see how the bass end looks as well as the treble. I LOVE these cans but I think I would also like to have the LCD-3(f) for some of the mellower selections in the library for those beautiful mids etc. Although I have absolutely NO COMPLAINTS with the X. In fact for rockin' heavy it's really hard to beat these cans period IMHO. Just remembering the 3(c) I had and ya know it was really hard to see those cans go away especially for delicate guitar work and some vocals where those beautiful mids just carried me away... I can see a pair of LCD-3(f) in the future BUT no way are these X going anywhere. In fact it could be said that possibly some improved upstream componentry may well be in order before investing in another set of cans at this point.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 5 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Hello world 54 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic dt330 mk ii - who owns these? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...