Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 624

post #9346 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post

We'll just have to agree to disagree smily_headphones1.gif

And yet you won't stop beating a dead horse due to your disagreement with Audeze. Funny. The changes(if there were any) have already been made. We get it, you can't recommend them to your pals. Sorry to hear that, and thanks for sharing.
Edited by RebelRising - 7/6/14 at 12:19pm
post #9347 of 9585
ANYWAY....does anyone know if Tyll's LCD-3F's were fully broken? He said the bass seems to have dropped off from the the LCD-3, but I wonder if they were fully broken in yet since they fazor's are still pretty new. It also seems as if a lot of people think the LCD-X shows considerable improvement with more break-in from what I've read on that thread.
post #9348 of 9585
He was not the only one to say that the Fs have less bass. Also, I saw a pair of Fs at a locat shop that had the same behavior. The Fs however are more airy and more detailed. So yeah, many could prefer the Fs so much more. The best answer as always is to hear for yourself and then make a decision smily_headphones1.gif
post #9349 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRising View Post

And yet you won't stop beating a dead horse due to your disagreement with Audeze. Funny. The changes(if there were any) have already been made. We get it, you can't recommend them to your pals. Sorry to hear that, and thanks for sharing.
If you say so smily_headphones1.gif
post #9350 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post

The best answer as always is to hear for yourself and then make a decision smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for agreeing smily_headphones1.gif Hope to never hear such whining again...It gets old after a while, you understand.
post #9351 of 9585

I went to listen to the LCD 3F a couple of month ago from a Sennheiser HDV-D800 as amp/dac and I compared it with the LCD X. It was IMO clear that the LCD 3F have a warmer/creamer and more intimate sound then the LCD X in this setup. The LCD 3F have not as much base as the LCD X and LCD 3C. The LCD X on the other hand didn’t IMO have the mids, is not as dynamic, is not as reviling and is not as colorful as the LCD 3F, so they don’t sound the same. By colorful I don’t mean adding artificially coloration, more like present the instruments naturally tonality. To me the LCD 3F sound like the classic, just a little bit clearer and with a bit less pronounced base. I can’t say exactly how much less base it has because it was not in my home rig.

 

Anyway I liked LCD 3F better than the LCD X in this setup. If one will like the fazor one better than the LCD 3C will probably dependent on if one is willing to change the extra energy and clarity (mostly in the midrange and lower treble) with the slightly reduced base. And that will to some extend depend on witch other dac, cables and amp one have.

 

Btw the new driver seems to requisite more burn in time to sound good then the old classic. The new not fully burn in, is according to the personal in the shop, pretty harsh.   

 

I wish that Audeze one day will make a headphone witch has the clear and open sound of the LCD 3F with the base of the classic and if possible a little lighter.

post #9352 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articnoise View Post

 

Anyway I liked LCD 3F better than the LCD X in this setup.

 

 

As did I. Felt like the X was a bit on the bright side for my ears. Could be that I'm too sensitive in that regard; I was never able to tone down the HD800 sibilance (but that's another tale). 

post #9353 of 9585

Having had the fazor upgrade and now living with it for more than a month, I am still glad I made the choice. The differences, however, are quite subtle. To my ears the bass is better defined but still substantial. The low rumble now has an audible note making it more musical in my opinion. But, the sub bass is still there. In any event, the fazor upgrade to my phones was a very subtle, but welcome, improvement.

post #9354 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsecret View Post

Having had the fazor upgrade and now living with it for more than a month, I am still glad I made the choice. The differences, however, are quite subtle. To my ears the bass is better defined but still substantial. The low rumble now has an audible note making it more musical in my opinion. But, the sub bass is still there. In any event, the fazor upgrade to my phones was a very subtle, but welcome, improvement.
Great info. If I end up not liking the X, I will likely trade them in for LCD3(f) but I suspect I am going to like the X very much from what I have read. Nice to read you are digging your favored 3s.
post #9355 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articnoise View Post
 

I went to listen to the LCD 3F a couple of month ago from a Sennheiser HDV-D800 as amp/dac and I compared it with the LCD X. It was IMO clear that the LCD 3F have a warmer/creamer and more intimate sound then the LCD X in this setup. The LCD 3F have not as much base as the LCD X and LCD 3C. The LCD X on the other hand didn’t IMO have the mids, is not as dynamic, is not as reviling and is not as colorful as the LCD 3F, so they don’t sound the same. By colorful I don’t mean adding artificially coloration, more like present the instruments naturally tonality. To me the LCD 3F sound like the classic, just a little bit clearer and with a bit less pronounced base. I can’t say exactly how much less base it has because it was not in my home rig.

 

Anyway I liked LCD 3F better than the LCD X in this setup. If one will like the fazor one better than the LCD 3C will probably dependent on if one is willing to change the extra energy and clarity (mostly in the midrange and lower treble) with the slightly reduced base. And that will to some extend depend on witch other dac, cables and amp one have.

 

Btw the new driver seems to requisite more burn in time to sound good then the old classic. The new not fully burn in, is according to the personal in the shop, pretty harsh.   

 

I wish that Audeze one day will make a headphone witch has the clear and open sound of the LCD 3F with the base of the classic and if possible a little lighter.

 

Very good info.  My next LCD will be the -3F.  I want to match it with the Ragg / Yagg.  That's the plan..  

post #9356 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

 

Very good info.  My next LCD will be the -3F.  I want to match it with the Ragg / Yagg.  That's the plan..  

Thanx! It seems like great combo to me.

post #9357 of 9585

In case there was still any doubt, the Fazor version has a drop off in bass compared to the classic.  I was told this directly from Audeze customer service.

 

I had contacted them asking about the issue before I purchased a pair.  I was told that the Fazor version changed the bass response and that I should consider looking at either the LCD-X (which they thought was more suited to contemporary music) or a used LCD-3.

 

I did end up picking up a classic LCD-3, but decided after about a week that it just didn't do it for me.  Best of luck to everyone else here.

post #9358 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash676 View Post
 

In case there was still any doubt, the Fazor version has a drop off in bass compared to the classic.  I was told this directly from Audeze customer service.

 

I had contacted them asking about the issue before I purchased a pair.  I was told that the Fazor version changed the bass response and that I should consider looking at either the LCD-X (which they thought was more suited to contemporary music) or a used LCD-3.

 

I did end up picking up a classic LCD-3, but decided after about a week that it just didn't do it for me.  Best of luck to everyone else here.

 

 

I'm just praying that my LCD3 (c) drivers would hold up forever... can't afford to have them replaced with a fazor'ed one if it need to be RMA'ed!

post #9359 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post
 

 

 

I'm just praying that my LCD3 (c) drivers would hold up forever... can't afford to have them replaced with a fazor'ed one if it need to be RMA'ed!

I wonder if the LCD3(C) owners can ask to not be fazored ?
Or do the new drivers require it?
IE if my drivers crap out, can they fix the drivers and not fazor them ?
Don't know , not fussed too much.

post #9360 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by undersys View Post

I wonder if the LCD3(C) owners can ask to not be fazored ?

Or do the new drivers require it?

IE if my drivers crap out, can they fix the drivers and not fazor them ?

Don't know , not fussed too much.

From what I understand they are moving to the new parts and process across their product lines and I am not sure if they even have any old parts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3