- 1,011 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 616post #9226 of 110865/28/14 at 2:42pmI decided to leave them as they are. For now at least.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9227 of 110865/28/14 at 3:30pmpost #9228 of 110865/28/14 at 4:09pmpost #9229 of 110865/28/14 at 4:48pmpost #9230 of 110865/28/14 at 5:19pm
I am very pleased with the upgrade but gave it a lot of thought before committing. I can understand those who don't want to mess with an already excellent headphone. My set up is tube amp and tube output SACD player so, the fazor upgrade may work well on my set-up but not someone else's solid state set up. I can only go by what my ears tell me and it was a worthwhile investment for me. It seemed to add openness, air and top end without taking away anything - at least on my system.post #9231 of 110865/28/14 at 5:53pmI think part of the reason of the mixed feedback on fazor'ed LCD3 could be the source and amp in use. I would imagine for warmer/more intimate/smoother types of setups it would benefit more than say a more analytical/airy/edgy types setup, where the "classic" maybe have better synergy.post #9232 of 110865/29/14 at 3:37amQuote:Originally Posted by jmm007
I have been reading about the Fazor upgrade now for several weeks in this tread. Some like it, some don't… etc. I don't live near a dealer so I can't demo them. I am wondering if I should just sell my original LCD-3 and buy a new Fazor version directly from Audeze. Or better yet, wait for their next generation? Has the street price on the used marked taken a hit for used original LCD-3's? I would suspect not much change since I don't see a tidal wave of positive comments for the modified Fazor LCD-3.
What part of VA. do you live in? There will be a big headphone meet in the DC area on Saturday, July 26th, 2014 to accompany the CanMania personal audio show at Capital Audio Fest. You could demo them there.post #9233 of 110865/30/14 at 9:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by kkcc
I think part of the reason of the mixed feedback on fazor'ed LCD3 could be the source and amp in use. I would imagine for warmer/more intimate/smoother types of setups it would benefit more than say a more analytical/airy/edgy types setup, where the "classic" maybe have better synergy.
I suspect that may well be the case with the Mjo/G stack which is why I am apprehensive about sending mine in to get fazored. With that amp/dac already tending more toward forward a tad and energetic it may be best to leave well enough alone for now. I think I will try to get the X from Cable Co. to audition as I am intrigued by the LCD X based on reviews on Head Fi. It would be very interesting to hear how they sound with the Schiit stack I have to compare.post #9234 of 110865/31/14 at 2:51amHas audeze mentioned that their will be a new model next year,I know everything is normally top secret with regards how it looks and technology but would be nice to give us an idea before forking out this year on the lcd x or lcd 3post #9235 of 110866/8/14 at 11:41pmpost #9236 of 110866/9/14 at 12:26ampost #9237 of 110866/9/14 at 6:48amQuote:
I used double sided tape....post #9238 of 110866/9/14 at 7:31amQuote:
A brand new $2k headphone? send it back!post #9239 of 110866/9/14 at 7:37ampost #9240 of 110866/9/14 at 8:03amOut the Box LCD 3 F azor ,
tonight I just received my BINB LCD 3 F
Out the box pair with mass Ko Bo WOOOW , the mid so creamy natural and organic , I love the bass from LCD 3 Fazor very low and clean
Overall The clarity is excellent better than nya previous LCD 3
I will post my impression after 50 hours Burn In
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 31 seconds ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 52 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50X alternatives... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 HD-650 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3ii vs X5? 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...