- 1,012 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 616post #9226 of 110855/28/14 at 2:42pmI decided to leave them as they are. For now at least.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9227 of 110855/28/14 at 3:30pmpost #9228 of 110855/28/14 at 4:09pmpost #9229 of 110855/28/14 at 4:48pmpost #9230 of 110855/28/14 at 5:19pm
I am very pleased with the upgrade but gave it a lot of thought before committing. I can understand those who don't want to mess with an already excellent headphone. My set up is tube amp and tube output SACD player so, the fazor upgrade may work well on my set-up but not someone else's solid state set up. I can only go by what my ears tell me and it was a worthwhile investment for me. It seemed to add openness, air and top end without taking away anything - at least on my system.post #9231 of 110855/28/14 at 5:53pmI think part of the reason of the mixed feedback on fazor'ed LCD3 could be the source and amp in use. I would imagine for warmer/more intimate/smoother types of setups it would benefit more than say a more analytical/airy/edgy types setup, where the "classic" maybe have better synergy.post #9232 of 110855/29/14 at 3:37amQuote:Originally Posted by jmm007
I have been reading about the Fazor upgrade now for several weeks in this tread. Some like it, some don't… etc. I don't live near a dealer so I can't demo them. I am wondering if I should just sell my original LCD-3 and buy a new Fazor version directly from Audeze. Or better yet, wait for their next generation? Has the street price on the used marked taken a hit for used original LCD-3's? I would suspect not much change since I don't see a tidal wave of positive comments for the modified Fazor LCD-3.
What part of VA. do you live in? There will be a big headphone meet in the DC area on Saturday, July 26th, 2014 to accompany the CanMania personal audio show at Capital Audio Fest. You could demo them there.post #9233 of 110855/30/14 at 9:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by kkcc
I think part of the reason of the mixed feedback on fazor'ed LCD3 could be the source and amp in use. I would imagine for warmer/more intimate/smoother types of setups it would benefit more than say a more analytical/airy/edgy types setup, where the "classic" maybe have better synergy.
I suspect that may well be the case with the Mjo/G stack which is why I am apprehensive about sending mine in to get fazored. With that amp/dac already tending more toward forward a tad and energetic it may be best to leave well enough alone for now. I think I will try to get the X from Cable Co. to audition as I am intrigued by the LCD X based on reviews on Head Fi. It would be very interesting to hear how they sound with the Schiit stack I have to compare.post #9234 of 110855/31/14 at 2:51amHas audeze mentioned that their will be a new model next year,I know everything is normally top secret with regards how it looks and technology but would be nice to give us an idea before forking out this year on the lcd x or lcd 3post #9235 of 110856/8/14 at 11:41pmpost #9236 of 110856/9/14 at 12:26ampost #9237 of 110856/9/14 at 6:48amQuote:
I used double sided tape....post #9238 of 110856/9/14 at 7:31amQuote:
A brand new $2k headphone? send it back!post #9239 of 110856/9/14 at 7:37ampost #9240 of 110856/9/14 at 8:03amOut the Box LCD 3 F azor ,
tonight I just received my BINB LCD 3 F
Out the box pair with mass Ko Bo WOOOW , the mid so creamy natural and organic , I love the bass from LCD 3 Fazor very low and clean
Overall The clarity is excellent better than nya previous LCD 3
I will post my impression after 50 hours Burn In
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 54 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 2 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 6 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...