- 1,044 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Beyerdynamic DT 480 - 25 ohm(with some mods) This is a review of the Beyerdynamic DT 480, I believe the only other headphone that shares a driver with the DT 48, the original dynamic headphone....
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 616post #9226 of 113795/28/14 at 2:42pmI decided to leave them as they are. For now at least.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9227 of 113795/28/14 at 3:30pmpost #9228 of 113795/28/14 at 4:09pmpost #9229 of 113795/28/14 at 4:48pmpost #9230 of 113795/28/14 at 5:19pm
I am very pleased with the upgrade but gave it a lot of thought before committing. I can understand those who don't want to mess with an already excellent headphone. My set up is tube amp and tube output SACD player so, the fazor upgrade may work well on my set-up but not someone else's solid state set up. I can only go by what my ears tell me and it was a worthwhile investment for me. It seemed to add openness, air and top end without taking away anything - at least on my system.post #9231 of 113795/28/14 at 5:53pmI think part of the reason of the mixed feedback on fazor'ed LCD3 could be the source and amp in use. I would imagine for warmer/more intimate/smoother types of setups it would benefit more than say a more analytical/airy/edgy types setup, where the "classic" maybe have better synergy.post #9232 of 113795/29/14 at 3:37amQuote:Originally Posted by jmm007
I have been reading about the Fazor upgrade now for several weeks in this tread. Some like it, some don't… etc. I don't live near a dealer so I can't demo them. I am wondering if I should just sell my original LCD-3 and buy a new Fazor version directly from Audeze. Or better yet, wait for their next generation? Has the street price on the used marked taken a hit for used original LCD-3's? I would suspect not much change since I don't see a tidal wave of positive comments for the modified Fazor LCD-3.
What part of VA. do you live in? There will be a big headphone meet in the DC area on Saturday, July 26th, 2014 to accompany the CanMania personal audio show at Capital Audio Fest. You could demo them there.post #9233 of 113795/30/14 at 9:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by kkcc
I think part of the reason of the mixed feedback on fazor'ed LCD3 could be the source and amp in use. I would imagine for warmer/more intimate/smoother types of setups it would benefit more than say a more analytical/airy/edgy types setup, where the "classic" maybe have better synergy.
I suspect that may well be the case with the Mjo/G stack which is why I am apprehensive about sending mine in to get fazored. With that amp/dac already tending more toward forward a tad and energetic it may be best to leave well enough alone for now. I think I will try to get the X from Cable Co. to audition as I am intrigued by the LCD X based on reviews on Head Fi. It would be very interesting to hear how they sound with the Schiit stack I have to compare.post #9234 of 113795/31/14 at 2:51amHas audeze mentioned that their will be a new model next year,I know everything is normally top secret with regards how it looks and technology but would be nice to give us an idea before forking out this year on the lcd x or lcd 3post #9235 of 113796/8/14 at 11:41pmpost #9236 of 113796/9/14 at 12:26ampost #9237 of 113796/9/14 at 6:48amQuote:
I used double sided tape....post #9238 of 113796/9/14 at 7:31amQuote:
A brand new $2k headphone? send it back!post #9239 of 113796/9/14 at 7:37ampost #9240 of 113796/9/14 at 8:03amOut the Box LCD 3 F azor ,
tonight I just received my BINB LCD 3 F
Out the box pair with mass Ko Bo WOOOW , the mid so creamy natural and organic , I love the bass from LCD 3 Fazor very low and clean
Overall The clarity is excellent better than nya previous LCD 3
I will post my impression after 50 hours Burn In
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 21 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 32 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 50 seconds ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › FS: Philips A5 Proi *Free US Shipping & PayPal* 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-900 Complete And In Excellent Condition 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear