- 856 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here a short first impressions review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag on it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 616post #9226 of 99835/28/14 at 2:42pmI decided to leave them as they are. For now at least.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9227 of 99835/28/14 at 3:30pmpost #9228 of 99835/28/14 at 4:09pmpost #9229 of 99835/28/14 at 4:48pmpost #9230 of 99835/28/14 at 5:19pm
I am very pleased with the upgrade but gave it a lot of thought before committing. I can understand those who don't want to mess with an already excellent headphone. My set up is tube amp and tube output SACD player so, the fazor upgrade may work well on my set-up but not someone else's solid state set up. I can only go by what my ears tell me and it was a worthwhile investment for me. It seemed to add openness, air and top end without taking away anything - at least on my system.post #9231 of 99835/28/14 at 5:53pmI think part of the reason of the mixed feedback on fazor'ed LCD3 could be the source and amp in use. I would imagine for warmer/more intimate/smoother types of setups it would benefit more than say a more analytical/airy/edgy types setup, where the "classic" maybe have better synergy.post #9232 of 99835/29/14 at 3:37amQuote:Originally Posted by jmm007
I have been reading about the Fazor upgrade now for several weeks in this tread. Some like it, some don't… etc. I don't live near a dealer so I can't demo them. I am wondering if I should just sell my original LCD-3 and buy a new Fazor version directly from Audeze. Or better yet, wait for their next generation? Has the street price on the used marked taken a hit for used original LCD-3's? I would suspect not much change since I don't see a tidal wave of positive comments for the modified Fazor LCD-3.
What part of VA. do you live in? There will be a big headphone meet in the DC area on Saturday, July 26th, 2014 to accompany the CanMania personal audio show at Capital Audio Fest. You could demo them there.post #9233 of 99835/30/14 at 9:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by kkcc
I think part of the reason of the mixed feedback on fazor'ed LCD3 could be the source and amp in use. I would imagine for warmer/more intimate/smoother types of setups it would benefit more than say a more analytical/airy/edgy types setup, where the "classic" maybe have better synergy.
I suspect that may well be the case with the Mjo/G stack which is why I am apprehensive about sending mine in to get fazored. With that amp/dac already tending more toward forward a tad and energetic it may be best to leave well enough alone for now. I think I will try to get the X from Cable Co. to audition as I am intrigued by the LCD X based on reviews on Head Fi. It would be very interesting to hear how they sound with the Schiit stack I have to compare.post #9234 of 99835/31/14 at 2:51amHas audeze mentioned that their will be a new model next year,I know everything is normally top secret with regards how it looks and technology but would be nice to give us an idea before forking out this year on the lcd x or lcd 3post #9235 of 99836/8/14 at 11:41pmpost #9236 of 99836/9/14 at 12:26ampost #9237 of 99836/9/14 at 6:48amQuote:
I used double sided tape....post #9238 of 99836/9/14 at 7:31amQuote:
A brand new $2k headphone? send it back!post #9239 of 99836/9/14 at 7:37ampost #9240 of 99836/9/14 at 8:03amOut the Box LCD 3 F azor ,
tonight I just received my BINB LCD 3 F
Out the box pair with mass Ko Bo WOOOW , the mid so creamy natural and organic , I love the bass from LCD 3 Fazor very low and clean
Overall The clarity is excellent better than nya previous LCD 3
I will post my impression after 50 hours Burn In
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Band Name Game II 28 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 33 seconds ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › How do i increase sound quality on my pc? 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD NFB-28 or Emotiva Stealth DC-1? 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Modi + iPhone 5 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)