- 955 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 616post #9226 of 104575/28/14 at 2:42pmI decided to leave them as they are. For now at least.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9227 of 104575/28/14 at 3:30pmpost #9228 of 104575/28/14 at 4:09pmpost #9229 of 104575/28/14 at 4:48pmpost #9230 of 104575/28/14 at 5:19pm
I am very pleased with the upgrade but gave it a lot of thought before committing. I can understand those who don't want to mess with an already excellent headphone. My set up is tube amp and tube output SACD player so, the fazor upgrade may work well on my set-up but not someone else's solid state set up. I can only go by what my ears tell me and it was a worthwhile investment for me. It seemed to add openness, air and top end without taking away anything - at least on my system.post #9231 of 104575/28/14 at 5:53pmI think part of the reason of the mixed feedback on fazor'ed LCD3 could be the source and amp in use. I would imagine for warmer/more intimate/smoother types of setups it would benefit more than say a more analytical/airy/edgy types setup, where the "classic" maybe have better synergy.post #9232 of 104575/29/14 at 3:37amQuote:Originally Posted by jmm007
I have been reading about the Fazor upgrade now for several weeks in this tread. Some like it, some don't… etc. I don't live near a dealer so I can't demo them. I am wondering if I should just sell my original LCD-3 and buy a new Fazor version directly from Audeze. Or better yet, wait for their next generation? Has the street price on the used marked taken a hit for used original LCD-3's? I would suspect not much change since I don't see a tidal wave of positive comments for the modified Fazor LCD-3.
What part of VA. do you live in? There will be a big headphone meet in the DC area on Saturday, July 26th, 2014 to accompany the CanMania personal audio show at Capital Audio Fest. You could demo them there.post #9233 of 104575/30/14 at 9:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by kkcc
I think part of the reason of the mixed feedback on fazor'ed LCD3 could be the source and amp in use. I would imagine for warmer/more intimate/smoother types of setups it would benefit more than say a more analytical/airy/edgy types setup, where the "classic" maybe have better synergy.
I suspect that may well be the case with the Mjo/G stack which is why I am apprehensive about sending mine in to get fazored. With that amp/dac already tending more toward forward a tad and energetic it may be best to leave well enough alone for now. I think I will try to get the X from Cable Co. to audition as I am intrigued by the LCD X based on reviews on Head Fi. It would be very interesting to hear how they sound with the Schiit stack I have to compare.post #9234 of 104575/31/14 at 2:51amHas audeze mentioned that their will be a new model next year,I know everything is normally top secret with regards how it looks and technology but would be nice to give us an idea before forking out this year on the lcd x or lcd 3post #9235 of 104576/8/14 at 11:41pmpost #9236 of 104576/9/14 at 12:26ampost #9237 of 104576/9/14 at 6:48amQuote:
I used double sided tape....post #9238 of 104576/9/14 at 7:31amQuote:
A brand new $2k headphone? send it back!post #9239 of 104576/9/14 at 7:37ampost #9240 of 104576/9/14 at 8:03amOut the Box LCD 3 F azor ,
tonight I just received my BINB LCD 3 F
Out the box pair with mass Ko Bo WOOOW , the mid so creamy natural and organic , I love the bass from LCD 3 Fazor very low and clean
Overall The clarity is excellent better than nya previous LCD 3
I will post my impression after 50 hours Burn In
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › Which AWG for and headphone cable wires ? 7 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 9 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 11 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 12 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Vero Revolutionary Headphone Cabling System by MIT 18 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2