Just to confirm...if the serial number starts with 261 is this fazor or no.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 615post #9211 of 95875/16/14 at 3:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9212 of 95875/16/14 at 3:29pmpost #9213 of 95875/16/14 at 3:33pmpost #9214 of 95875/17/14 at 9:57am
I just got a spanking new set of LCD-3s (the F version I assume.) I got to listen and compare the LCD-X and the LCD-3 for about 2 hours. They were both really good sounding headphones. The X definitely had a little more bite and edge to it with a little tighter bottom end. They were both really good and it took a lot of going back and forth to decide. The LCD-3 won out because it seemed to be just as detailed but a little smoother. I would guess the X is more transparent and would be better for a mastering engineer, but I just liked listening to the 3 better. So I ended up with a 3.
So far I can definitely recommend the BMC PureDAC with the LCDs. It's a pretty fantastic pairing.
Edited by KmanChu - 5/17/14 at 12:26pmpost #9215 of 95875/17/14 at 12:13pmpost #9216 of 95875/17/14 at 1:37pmpost #9217 of 95875/17/14 at 4:29pmQuote:
I haven't been following the thread very closely, are you trying to avoid the fazor?post #9218 of 95875/17/14 at 5:46pm
Would you want to be fazored? I prefer the older sound signature. It's a little warmer and darker. Creamier mids with a little better bass extension. I didn't hear them at the same time though. I owned the older back in early 2012, sold it and then bought it again just after the switch to fazor and I was disappointed.post #9219 of 95875/18/14 at 12:22amCongrats. Are you using the BMC's hp amp or an external amp?post #9220 of 95875/18/14 at 5:34am
Straight from the balanced headphone output. I can only guess it would take a really top notch amp to better it, maybe if you like tubes? I would like a chance to compare the integrated headphone out vs running into something like a GS-X or Taurus. The dealer I bought it from uses the integrated headphone out (into LCD-3s actually) at his desk and he has much higher dollar stuff laying around his store. I got to listen to a Burson Conductor in the dealer demo room and it was absolutely no contest. I'm a happy camper, something pretty dramatic would have to come along to make me want to change anything.post #9221 of 95875/18/14 at 3:09pm^ Excellent, cheers. I love the PureDAC myself - easily betters previous DAC's I've owned (EE MiniMax; Meier StageDAC; Schiit Bifrost etc). Yes I run mine through a (neutrally tuned) Decware Taboo mk II - just found the right driver tube for the 3F yesterday.
I do enjoy the balanced hp out when I'm in the mood for changepost #9222 of 95875/27/14 at 5:33pm
Just got my LCD3s back after the fazor upgrade. I had reservations knowing it is not reversible. But, glad I did it. A little more air, but most noticeable difference to me was the improvement in soundstage and separation. They did seem slightly heavier but that could just be my imagination. Not a huge difference but noticeable and, IMO, an improvement.post #9223 of 95875/27/14 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bigsecret
Just got my LCD3s back after the fazor upgrade. I had reservations knowing it is not reversible. But, glad I did it. A little more air, but most noticeable difference to me was the improvement in soundstage and separation. They did seem slightly heavier but that could just be my imagination. Not a huge difference but noticeable and, IMO, an improvement.
Did the bass maintain its trademark punch and timbre down low after the fazors? I agree they could use a little more air and cleanliness in the treble end at times but I guess it doesn't bug me enough to send them in. I still want to audition the X to compare though... For now I think I will just wait and see if they don't come out with a new flagship as these cans just sound exquisite the way they are. Listening to Al Marconi "Terra Nova" after work and sitting there in the recliner with eyes closed just completely carried me away to another space and time. And is that not why we do this headphone thing after all? Absolutely beautiful pristine emotional connection. It's not all that difficult to just be happy with what is...post #9224 of 95875/28/14 at 2:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by commtrd
Did the bass maintain its trademark punch and timbre down low after the fazors? I agree they could use a little more air and cleanliness in the treble end at times but I guess it doesn't bug me enough to send them in. I still want to audition the X to compare though... For now I think I will just wait and see if they don't come out with a new flagship as these cans just sound exquisite the way they are. Listening to Al Marconi "Terra Nova" after work and sitting there in the recliner with eyes closed just completely carried me away to another space and time. And is that not why we do this headphone thing after all? Absolutely beautiful pristine emotional connection. It's not all that difficult to just be happy with what is...
I didn't notice a change in the bass so much as a little more air around it. Everything has a little more air, sounds a little wider and a little deeper. They did not lose any intimacy but they aren't quite as dark either. Given your high level of satisfaction described above, the fazor upgrade could diminish what you most enjoy with your phones.post #9225 of 95875/28/14 at 2:41pm
I have been reading about the Fazor upgrade now for several weeks in this tread. Some like it, some don't… etc. I don't live near a dealer so I can't demo them. I am wondering if I should just sell my original LCD-3 and buy a new Fazor version directly from Audeze. Or better yet, wait for their next generation? Has the street price on the used marked taken a hit for used original LCD-3's? I would suspect not much change since I don't see a tidal wave of positive comments for the modified Fazor LCD-3.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 34 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 49 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 - $400 - Like New 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins MM1 vs Focal-xs, Which is the best? 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Mobile Phones Recommandation, please?... 4 minutes ago
- › The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)