Just to confirm...if the serial number starts with 261 is this fazor or no.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 615post #9211 of 111105/16/14 at 3:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9212 of 111105/16/14 at 3:29pmpost #9213 of 111105/16/14 at 3:33pmpost #9214 of 111105/17/14 at 9:57am
I just got a spanking new set of LCD-3s (the F version I assume.) I got to listen and compare the LCD-X and the LCD-3 for about 2 hours. They were both really good sounding headphones. The X definitely had a little more bite and edge to it with a little tighter bottom end. They were both really good and it took a lot of going back and forth to decide. The LCD-3 won out because it seemed to be just as detailed but a little smoother. I would guess the X is more transparent and would be better for a mastering engineer, but I just liked listening to the 3 better. So I ended up with a 3.
So far I can definitely recommend the BMC PureDAC with the LCDs. It's a pretty fantastic pairing.
Edited by KmanChu - 5/17/14 at 12:26pmpost #9215 of 111105/17/14 at 12:13pmpost #9216 of 111105/17/14 at 1:37pmpost #9217 of 111105/17/14 at 4:29pmQuote:
I haven't been following the thread very closely, are you trying to avoid the fazor?post #9218 of 111105/17/14 at 5:46pm
Would you want to be fazored? I prefer the older sound signature. It's a little warmer and darker. Creamier mids with a little better bass extension. I didn't hear them at the same time though. I owned the older back in early 2012, sold it and then bought it again just after the switch to fazor and I was disappointed.post #9219 of 111105/18/14 at 12:22amCongrats. Are you using the BMC's hp amp or an external amp?post #9220 of 111105/18/14 at 5:34am
Straight from the balanced headphone output. I can only guess it would take a really top notch amp to better it, maybe if you like tubes? I would like a chance to compare the integrated headphone out vs running into something like a GS-X or Taurus. The dealer I bought it from uses the integrated headphone out (into LCD-3s actually) at his desk and he has much higher dollar stuff laying around his store. I got to listen to a Burson Conductor in the dealer demo room and it was absolutely no contest. I'm a happy camper, something pretty dramatic would have to come along to make me want to change anything.post #9221 of 111105/18/14 at 3:09pm^ Excellent, cheers. I love the PureDAC myself - easily betters previous DAC's I've owned (EE MiniMax; Meier StageDAC; Schiit Bifrost etc). Yes I run mine through a (neutrally tuned) Decware Taboo mk II - just found the right driver tube for the 3F yesterday.
I do enjoy the balanced hp out when I'm in the mood for changepost #9222 of 111105/27/14 at 5:33pm
Just got my LCD3s back after the fazor upgrade. I had reservations knowing it is not reversible. But, glad I did it. A little more air, but most noticeable difference to me was the improvement in soundstage and separation. They did seem slightly heavier but that could just be my imagination. Not a huge difference but noticeable and, IMO, an improvement.post #9223 of 111105/27/14 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bigsecret
Just got my LCD3s back after the fazor upgrade. I had reservations knowing it is not reversible. But, glad I did it. A little more air, but most noticeable difference to me was the improvement in soundstage and separation. They did seem slightly heavier but that could just be my imagination. Not a huge difference but noticeable and, IMO, an improvement.
Did the bass maintain its trademark punch and timbre down low after the fazors? I agree they could use a little more air and cleanliness in the treble end at times but I guess it doesn't bug me enough to send them in. I still want to audition the X to compare though... For now I think I will just wait and see if they don't come out with a new flagship as these cans just sound exquisite the way they are. Listening to Al Marconi "Terra Nova" after work and sitting there in the recliner with eyes closed just completely carried me away to another space and time. And is that not why we do this headphone thing after all? Absolutely beautiful pristine emotional connection. It's not all that difficult to just be happy with what is...post #9224 of 111105/28/14 at 2:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by commtrd
Did the bass maintain its trademark punch and timbre down low after the fazors? I agree they could use a little more air and cleanliness in the treble end at times but I guess it doesn't bug me enough to send them in. I still want to audition the X to compare though... For now I think I will just wait and see if they don't come out with a new flagship as these cans just sound exquisite the way they are. Listening to Al Marconi "Terra Nova" after work and sitting there in the recliner with eyes closed just completely carried me away to another space and time. And is that not why we do this headphone thing after all? Absolutely beautiful pristine emotional connection. It's not all that difficult to just be happy with what is...
I didn't notice a change in the bass so much as a little more air around it. Everything has a little more air, sounds a little wider and a little deeper. They did not lose any intimacy but they aren't quite as dark either. Given your high level of satisfaction described above, the fazor upgrade could diminish what you most enjoy with your phones.post #9225 of 111105/28/14 at 2:41pm
I have been reading about the Fazor upgrade now for several weeks in this tread. Some like it, some don't… etc. I don't live near a dealer so I can't demo them. I am wondering if I should just sell my original LCD-3 and buy a new Fazor version directly from Audeze. Or better yet, wait for their next generation? Has the street price on the used marked taken a hit for used original LCD-3's? I would suspect not much change since I don't see a tidal wave of positive comments for the modified Fazor LCD-3.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 10 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 32 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 49 seconds ago
- › MHDT Labs: R-2R NOS Tube DACs 59 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX, Beyerdynamic DT990 & Dunu DN-2000J 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 4 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...