Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 593

post #8881 of 9618

Seems I'm going to get stunned I'll post the impressions plus frequency chart :bigsmile_face:

post #8882 of 9618
So LCD3.2 begins.. I lost the track of LCD2 revisions.
post #8883 of 9618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

So LCD3.2 begins.. I lost the track of LCD2 revisions.

Actually LCD 2 and LCD 3 should be at rev 3 :))

 

LCD - 3 veiled version - rev 1, Lcd-3 unveiled - rev 2, LCD-3 Fazor - Rev 3

 

Lcd 2 dark version - rev 1, lcd 2 improved driver version with more air - lcd 2 rev 2, lcd 2 bamboo/rose wood with different headband and metal cable connectors - rev 2.1, lcd-2 fazors - rev 3


Edited by dan.gheorghe - 4/10/14 at 7:31am
post #8884 of 9618
I refer to mine as LCD-3 Classic. smily_headphones1.gif
post #8885 of 9618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones Bob View Post

I refer to mine as LCD-3 Classic. smily_headphones1.gif

 



like that better than .1 or .2. smily_headphones1.gif
post #8886 of 9618

Here is my FR Graph, in case anyone wants to see one with the fazor...

 

 

post #8887 of 9618
Wow, it look similar to my X, interesting.

post #8888 of 9618
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraha View Post

Wow, it look similar to my X, interesting.


The LCD-3 Fazor and LCD-X sound similar too.

Last Tuesday at a local dealer, I auditioned my LCD-3 beside the new LCD-3 with Fazor and LCD-X.
post #8889 of 9618

I bought my pair of LCD3 last year around this time and have been beyond happy with them. BUT I can't help but wonder how they would sound with the fazors installed in them. Does anyone know for sure if the drivers are still the same? Would it be worthwhile to send them to Audeze to be retrofitted with the new fazors? Wonder what that would cost or if I should just leave them as is until or if one of the drivers malfunctions?

 

They really sound awesome now but if the fazors would make them sound even better I would like to get them installed. Any thoughts on this appreciated.

post #8890 of 9618
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
 

I bought my pair of LCD3 last year around this time and have been beyond happy with them. BUT I can't help but wonder how they would sound with the fazors installed in them. Does anyone know for sure if the drivers are still the same? Would it be worthwhile to send them to Audeze to be retrofitted with the new fazors? Wonder what that would cost or if I should just leave them as is until or if one of the drivers malfunctions?

 

They really sound awesome now but if the fazors would make them sound even better I would like to get them installed. Any thoughts on this appreciated.

 

Personally I don't think its worth it if you already have a pair and are happy with them. I think someone said they were $250 plus shipping to upgrade. I would say they will just add the fazors to your existing drivers but I am only guessing. I auditioned both for a few hours and although the change is noticeable straight away, it is very subtle. It is more dynamic and alive sounding is the best way I can describe it but the signature sounded the same otherwise. 

 

One problem I see with the fazors is that because they stick out more, sometimes they will touch my ears if I haven't got the headphones adjusted properly. I have only had the LCD3's for 3 days so I am still adjusting to the fit/weight of these. For people getting new LCD3's then the fazor is definitely better IMO (as long you don't have big ears).

post #8891 of 9618
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post
 

I bought my pair of LCD3 last year around this time and have been beyond happy with them. BUT I can't help but wonder how they would sound with the fazors installed in them. Does anyone know for sure if the drivers are still the same? Would it be worthwhile to send them to Audeze to be retrofitted with the new fazors? Wonder what that would cost or if I should just leave them as is until or if one of the drivers malfunctions?

 

They really sound awesome now but if the fazors would make them sound even better I would like to get them installed. Any thoughts on this appreciated.

If you're curious might as well go for it. Pretty cool idea to have a semi-upgradable headphone. 

post #8892 of 9618
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlxx View Post
 

 

Personally I don't think its worth it if you already have a pair and are happy with them. I think someone said they were $250 plus shipping to upgrade. I would say they will just add the fazors to your existing drivers but I am only guessing. I auditioned both for a few hours and although the change is noticeable straight away, it is very subtle. It is more dynamic and alive sounding is the best way I can describe it but the signature sounded the same otherwise. 

 

One problem I see with the fazors is that because they stick out more, sometimes they will touch my ears if I haven't got the headphones adjusted properly. I have only had the LCD3's for 3 days so I am still adjusting to the fit/weight of these. For people getting new LCD3's then the fazor is definitely better IMO (as long you don't have big ears).

You might want to take a closer look at the earpads themselves. The material inside my left one was much softer and easier to compress than the right one, making my left ear touch the drivers far too much for my comfort. I contacted Audeze and they were more than willing to send me a new, hopefully firmer replacement pair. My LCD3 is about 2 weeks old, so they'd definitely accommodate you as well since it's brand new. 

post #8893 of 9618

I will stay content with my 261 pair and my LCD-X by it's side and wait for the new flagship :)

post #8894 of 9618
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRising View Post
 

You might want to take a closer look at the earpads themselves. The material inside my left one was much softer and easier to compress than the right one, making my left ear touch the drivers far too much for my comfort. I contacted Audeze and they were more than willing to send me a new, hopefully firmer replacement pair. My LCD3 is about 2 weeks old, so they'd definitely accommodate you as well since it's brand new. 

 

Hmm.. both of the pads look and feel the same but the front of the pads do squish down quite a lot as compared to the back portion. Think I'll send them an email, thanks for the info!

post #8895 of 9618

I already got a reply back from Audeze in regards to getting the upgrade done and it is indeed $250 BUT they also put new pads on and that would be nice. I think I am going to go ahead with the upgrade as I am very curious. When I get them back I will report on any aural changes and improvements if yall would be interested. What wi ll be difficult will be not having my phones for however long it takes them to do it. Hope I can  survive without them for a few days!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3