Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Audeze LCD3 - Page 583

post #8731 of 9585

The fastest way of verifying it would be the sensivity and ohms:

 

LCD-3 91dB     vs    LCD-X  96dB

LCD-3 45 Ohm vs    LCD-X 22Ohm


Edited by mowglycdb - 4/1/14 at 3:32pm
post #8732 of 9585

They clearly state the 3 is same as it ever was, that is the tech they have made updates and adjustments but no Star War

Star Trek drivers.


Edited by Saraguie - 4/1/14 at 3:31pm
post #8733 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by citraian View Post


Yeap, kind of biggrin.gif
I don't like their practices and I don't think it's fair for their customers. Currently I don't think I want to support them anymore even if I really like their products.

 

Had LCD-2 and LCD-3 and sold them. Won't be getting Audezes for quite a while. Not even bothering with them until they can bring down the weight, regardless of the weight. Even though I don't have Audeze's anymore and don't have to deal with them, the last pages still infuriate me. The number of revisions and sudden changes is too high. I much rather prefer the approach of Audioengine. They take their time in creating the products and don't release a product until it's fully ready. You don't see Audioengine making a revision each year. Virtually no report of a model changing sound throughout it's release. I much prefer the consistency.

 

I understand the concept of pushing your product to the best, but you also have to take care of your previous customers. It's not acceptable for previous customers to be constantly having to put up better upgrades every few months. 

 

They are making significant changes to the sound of a model very frequently and not offering upgrades on top really makes me want to avoid them in the future. I'm glad I read this.

post #8734 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowglycdb View Post

The fastest way of verifying it would be the sensivity and ohms:

LCD-3 91dB     vs    LCD-X  96dB
LCD-3 45 Ohm vs    LCD-X 22Ohm
I got another confirmation from Tara right now so you might want to check again biggrin.gif
post #8735 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post

Had LCD-2 and LCD-3 and sold them. Won't be getting Audezes for quite a while. Not even bothering with them until they can bring down the weight, regardless of the weight. Even though I don't have Audeze's anymore and don't have to deal with them, the last pages still infuriate me. The number of revisions and sudden changes is too high. I much rather prefer the approach of Audioengine. They take their time in creating the products and don't release a product until it's fully ready. You don't see Audioengine making a revision each year. Virtually no report of a model changing sound throughout it's release. I much prefer the consistency.

I understand the concept of pushing your product to the best, but you also have to take care of your previous customers. It's not acceptable for previous customers to be constantly having to put up better upgrades every few months. 

They are making significant changes to the sound of a model very frequently and not offering upgrades on top really makes me want to avoid them in the future. I'm glad I read this.
Right on smily_headphones1.gif
post #8736 of 9585

This is America and they are a privately owned business doing business in a free market a for profit company…….I do not see how they violated our trust by wanting to make more money by expanding their offerings. Their CS is beyond reproach as far as I read. They provide what is described at the time you purchase it and if defective they fix it.

 

This is a emotional hobby and as such feelings take over a lot of the times. That's what's happening here.

 

You are exercising your right to spend your money elsewhere, right on!

post #8737 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post
 

This is America and they are a privately owned business doing business in a free market a for profit company…….I do not see how they violated our trust by wanting to make more money by expanding their offerings. Their CS is beyond reproach as far as I read. They provide what is described at the time you purchase it and if defective they fix it.

 

This is a emotional hobby and as such feelings take over a lot of the times. That's what's happening here.

 

You are exercising your right to spend your money elsewhere, right on!

 

If by offerings you mean new models, like LCD-X, sure I'm fine with that. I don't think any LCD-3 will be mad about that, jealous perhaps, but not mad. Now making changes that frequently within the same model is a different case and should not be treated in the same manner. There is a distinction here and it should be recognized as such.

 

I agree that their customer service is very pleasant. Although that's not a substitute for what they are doing. I guess it comes down to your personal preferences and principles.

post #8738 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

If by offerings you mean new models, like LCD-X, sure I'm fine with that. I don't think any LCD-3 will be mad about that, jealous perhaps, but not mad. Now making changes that frequently within the same model is a different case and should not be treated in the same manner. There is a distinction here and it should be recognized as such.

 

I agree that their customer service is very pleasant. Although that's not a substitute for what they are doing. I guess it comes down to your personal preferences and principles.

Maybe I'm not informed. LCD3s there are two. Ser #s starting with 236 and 266. Are there more major changes happening?

My pair is from Dec 12 and 266. Keeping in mind they are part hand made and different components change slightly by batches, like same color paints or floor tiles, same manufacture same formula but slightly different in each run.

post #8739 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post
 

Maybe I'm not informed. LCD3s there are two. Ser #s starting with 236 and 266. Are there more major changes happening?

My pair is from Dec 12 and 266. Keeping in mind they are part hand made and different components change slightly by batches, like same color paints or floor tiles, same manufacture same formula but slightly different in each run.

 

Over the past few months, I've been constantly hearing that the new Audezes are more airy sounding or less dark sound. My Audeze was from 2011, so I would've definitely liked my Audeze to be more airy and less dark sounding. The new Fazor upgrade and the sonic changes would constitute a major change for me personally. 

post #8740 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom25 View Post
 

 

Had LCD-2 and LCD-3 and sold them. Won't be getting Audezes for quite a while. Not even bothering with them until they can bring down the weight, regardless of the weight. Even though I don't have Audeze's anymore and don't have to deal with them, the last pages still infuriate me. The number of revisions and sudden changes is too high. I much rather prefer the approach of Audioengine. They take their time in creating the products and don't release a product until it's fully ready. You don't see Audioengine making a revision each year. Virtually no report of a model changing sound throughout it's release. I much prefer the consistency.

 

I understand the concept of pushing your product to the best, but you also have to take care of your previous customers. It's not acceptable for previous customers to be constantly having to put up better upgrades every few months. 

 

They are making significant changes to the sound of a model very frequently and not offering upgrades on top really makes me want to avoid them in the future. I'm glad I read this.

 

You guys still aren't getting the point...the "old" LCD3 is as ready as it's ever going to be. To many, the sound is perfect. They are changing the sound, no question about that. Is it an upgrade, per se? No, not necessarily. I don't know why you and citraian continue to act like Audeze is leaving their customers in the dust, as if youre missing out on something. Why should a sidegrade change how you feel about your current set-up? Do I need to sell my 2013 Accord just because the 2014 version has leather on the inside of the cup holder? What if I don't like the feel or temperature of leather?

 

Newer doesn't always mean better; this statement probably applies to headphones more than any other market. Do what you will with your money, but just know that what Audeze is doing is not unique only to them, nor should it be.

 

EDIT: Just saw your post regarding how you would indeed have liked your phones to be more airy. If you're that intent on it, there's always the X ;) Considering that it's cheaper than the 3 (and since you consider the Fazor technolody to be superior) you'd be losing a minimal amount if you had decided to sell one and get the other. And to be fair, it was released quite some time after the 3. 


Edited by RebelRising - 4/1/14 at 4:37pm
post #8741 of 9585

the old version's value might just have gone up ..........

post #8742 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
 

the old version's value might just have gone up ..........

 

That's highly possible as well.

post #8743 of 9585

Yep confirmed and only possible with new LCD-3 in developement so I've heared.

post #8744 of 9585
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRising View Post
 

 

You guys still aren't getting the point...the "old" LCD3 is as ready as it's ever going to be. To many, the sound is perfect. They are changing the sound, no question about that. Is it an upgrade, per se? No, not necessarily. I don't know why you and citraian continue to act like Audeze is leaving their customers in the dust, as if youre missing out on something. Why should a sidegrade change how you feel about your current set-up? Do I need to sell my 2013 Accord just because the 2014 version has leather on the inside of the cup holder? What if I don't like the feel or temperature of leather?

 

Newer doesn't always mean better; this statement probably applies to headphones more than any other market. Do what you will with your money, but just know that what Audeze is doing is not unique only to them, nor should it be.

 

EDIT: Just saw your post regarding how you would indeed have liked your phones to be more airy. If you're that intent on it, there's always the X ;) Considering that it's cheaper than the 3 (and since you consider the Fazor technolody to be superior) you'd be losing a minimal amount if you had decided to sell one and get the other. And to be fair, it was released quite some time after the 3. 

 

LOL you missed our point. Sure the new LCD-3 might be better sounding for me, but for others it might be the opposite.

 

My point is: I'd rather have Audeze make significant tweaks over time and call them different models, rather than making frequent and sneaky changes to the same model. If we both can't see eye to eye on this point, then all further conversations would be useless. If I pay for a LCD-3, I want to get a LCD-3 that's been constant in sound over time and not get a LCD-X sounding LCD-3 or whatever else it is. For example, I can buy a used Audioengine A5 and not have to worry about any changes that might have taken place to it. This peace of mind is crucial to me. I want to know that I am getting the definite version. After years of research and listening to customers, Audioengine came out with A5+. All the A5 and A5+ sound consistent. I don't see constant upgrades with them.

 

Also, comparing cars to headphones is very different. With cars, YOU KNOW well in advance that there are going to be revisions each year. This is not the case in audio and it shouldn't be either. If an audio manufacturer follows the same philosophy as a car manufacturer, count me OUT.


Edited by Zoom25 - 4/1/14 at 4:57pm
post #8745 of 9585
^ sounds like fazor has not been added to the LCD3 (or 2 for that matter), but tweaks may have happened that make the 3 slightly airier, either by accident (materials variations) or by design. Perhaps some members of Audeze customer support are less informed than others?

However it seems they are looking at adding fazor to a forthcoming LCD3 - seems plausible! - which, should it succeed, might well be called the sometime rumored 'LCD4' or some other model name...

Edit: this was to follow mowglycdb's post
Edited by AiDee - 4/1/14 at 4:58pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Audeze LCD3