For sound... LCD-3. But it leaks like crazy so ciems are nice for when the outside doesn't want to hear it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog: A reference class Dog Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Alpha Dogs ($499USD, discontinued) with my own money after doing my own research and thus this is my...
Hi everyone, Before I start the review, I would like to thank Campfire Audio for making this awesome IEM, and also to d marc0 for inviting me in the tour. INTRODUCTION I'm an Indonesian...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION This is going to be a long review – I'll get that out up front. My time with the U6 has been a...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Just on sound quality, meh. It's very quiet, and detailed, but on my main headphones, AKG K712, the mid-treble balance is just too bright. The bass is nice and deep and honest, and midrange is OK,...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 573post #8581 of 110851/26/14 at 4:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8582 of 110851/26/14 at 4:29amQuote:
LCD3 no doubt. IEMs can not compare with pro headphones. Also it's fun to have different cables to fit the LCD3.post #8583 of 110851/26/14 at 5:02ampost #8584 of 110851/26/14 at 10:59amQuote:Quote:
+1 For sound quality and being in a building no question LCD3. For being out and about, airplanes, walking down the street, riding a bus, shopping in a mall, no question IEMs.post #8585 of 110851/26/14 at 11:02ampost #8586 of 110852/17/14 at 9:40ampost #8587 of 110852/17/14 at 9:43amQuote:
The LCD3 might be so good that it is highlighting weaknesses in your chain in that frequency band which is muddy. What are you driving them with? I found it costs a lot to deliver true tight bass from dac to amp in order to get the truth of the LCD2s bass capabilities.post #8588 of 110852/17/14 at 9:49amQuote:
Depends on what you're comparing them to. And like the person before me mentioned just before, what's your system?post #8589 of 110852/17/14 at 10:10ampost #8590 of 110852/17/14 at 12:39pmQuote:
I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.post #8591 of 110852/17/14 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zoom25Quote:
I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.
I felt that lcdx has more impact (fast) and the lcd3 get deeper. I heard that with organ, when it stops playing you can hear the deep bass causes by the air coming back to the organ's tube (couldn't hear that on lcdx)post #8592 of 110852/17/14 at 6:23pmQuote:
Spot on description.post #8593 of 110852/17/14 at 9:33pm
If you had to categorize the sound of each of the Audeze' headphones how would you guys describe each one ?
Which of them would be the best "all arounders" ?post #8594 of 110852/18/14 at 5:26pmQuote:
Easy for the last one...LCD-X. For my comments between the LCD-3 and LCD-X, you can find them in my review of the LCD-X headphones.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Xuelin Ihifi 800, a brief introduction 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 21 seconds ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 30 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 55 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Curious about using carbon fiber for cups 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... 4 minutes ago
- › Carbon Fiber Wrapped 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse