For sound... LCD-3. But it leaks like crazy so ciems are nice for when the outside doesn't want to hear it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 573post #8581 of 110851/26/14 at 4:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8582 of 110851/26/14 at 4:29amQuote:
LCD3 no doubt. IEMs can not compare with pro headphones. Also it's fun to have different cables to fit the LCD3.post #8583 of 110851/26/14 at 5:02ampost #8584 of 110851/26/14 at 10:59amQuote:Quote:
+1 For sound quality and being in a building no question LCD3. For being out and about, airplanes, walking down the street, riding a bus, shopping in a mall, no question IEMs.post #8585 of 110851/26/14 at 11:02ampost #8586 of 110852/17/14 at 9:40ampost #8587 of 110852/17/14 at 9:43amQuote:
The LCD3 might be so good that it is highlighting weaknesses in your chain in that frequency band which is muddy. What are you driving them with? I found it costs a lot to deliver true tight bass from dac to amp in order to get the truth of the LCD2s bass capabilities.post #8588 of 110852/17/14 at 9:49amQuote:
Depends on what you're comparing them to. And like the person before me mentioned just before, what's your system?post #8589 of 110852/17/14 at 10:10ampost #8590 of 110852/17/14 at 12:39pmQuote:
I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.post #8591 of 110852/17/14 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zoom25Quote:
I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.
I felt that lcdx has more impact (fast) and the lcd3 get deeper. I heard that with organ, when it stops playing you can hear the deep bass causes by the air coming back to the organ's tube (couldn't hear that on lcdx)post #8592 of 110852/17/14 at 6:23pmQuote:
Spot on description.post #8593 of 110852/17/14 at 9:33pm
If you had to categorize the sound of each of the Audeze' headphones how would you guys describe each one ?
Which of them would be the best "all arounders" ?post #8594 of 110852/18/14 at 5:26pmQuote:
Easy for the last one...LCD-X. For my comments between the LCD-3 and LCD-X, you can find them in my review of the LCD-X headphones.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 20 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT1350 CC vs Sennheiser Momentum over ear 1 minute ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 8 minutes ago
- › Any opinions on Sennheiser HD25 Light? 9 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Immersive PC 373D 10 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...