For sound... LCD-3. But it leaks like crazy so ciems are nice for when the outside doesn't want to hear it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 573post #8581 of 96561/26/14 at 4:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8582 of 96561/26/14 at 4:29amQuote:
LCD3 no doubt. IEMs can not compare with pro headphones. Also it's fun to have different cables to fit the LCD3.post #8583 of 96561/26/14 at 5:02ampost #8584 of 96561/26/14 at 10:59amQuote:Quote:
+1 For sound quality and being in a building no question LCD3. For being out and about, airplanes, walking down the street, riding a bus, shopping in a mall, no question IEMs.post #8585 of 96561/26/14 at 11:02ampost #8586 of 96562/17/14 at 9:40ampost #8587 of 96562/17/14 at 9:43amQuote:
The LCD3 might be so good that it is highlighting weaknesses in your chain in that frequency band which is muddy. What are you driving them with? I found it costs a lot to deliver true tight bass from dac to amp in order to get the truth of the LCD2s bass capabilities.post #8588 of 96562/17/14 at 9:49amQuote:
Depends on what you're comparing them to. And like the person before me mentioned just before, what's your system?post #8589 of 96562/17/14 at 10:10ampost #8590 of 96562/17/14 at 12:39pmQuote:
I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.post #8591 of 96562/17/14 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zoom25Quote:
I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.
I felt that lcdx has more impact (fast) and the lcd3 get deeper. I heard that with organ, when it stops playing you can hear the deep bass causes by the air coming back to the organ's tube (couldn't hear that on lcdx)post #8592 of 96562/17/14 at 6:23pmQuote:
Spot on description.post #8593 of 96562/17/14 at 9:33pm
If you had to categorize the sound of each of the Audeze' headphones how would you guys describe each one ?
Which of them would be the best "all arounders" ?post #8594 of 96562/18/14 at 5:26pmQuote:
Easy for the last one...LCD-X. For my comments between the LCD-3 and LCD-X, you can find them in my review of the LCD-X headphones.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Band Name Game II 9 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 32 seconds ago
- › Good headphones for school. 50 seconds ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › I love my SR80's, but I want MOAR! (too many options, very wide... 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 upgrade cable with warranty for sale 2 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)