For sound... LCD-3. But it leaks like crazy so ciems are nice for when the outside doesn't want to hear it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone for me?!!? Last post on 12/28/13 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Second Headphones Advise Please!! Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Website to buy headphones? Last post on 3/22/13 at 12:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So like many I'm not exactly into a super flat sound signature. I like some bass at times, actually pretty much all the time. I own flat headphones and I've heard many of the best flat headphones...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 573post #8581 of 110851/26/14 at 4:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8582 of 110851/26/14 at 4:29amQuote:
LCD3 no doubt. IEMs can not compare with pro headphones. Also it's fun to have different cables to fit the LCD3.post #8583 of 110851/26/14 at 5:02ampost #8584 of 110851/26/14 at 10:59amQuote:Quote:
+1 For sound quality and being in a building no question LCD3. For being out and about, airplanes, walking down the street, riding a bus, shopping in a mall, no question IEMs.post #8585 of 110851/26/14 at 11:02ampost #8586 of 110852/17/14 at 9:40ampost #8587 of 110852/17/14 at 9:43amQuote:
The LCD3 might be so good that it is highlighting weaknesses in your chain in that frequency band which is muddy. What are you driving them with? I found it costs a lot to deliver true tight bass from dac to amp in order to get the truth of the LCD2s bass capabilities.post #8588 of 110852/17/14 at 9:49amQuote:
Depends on what you're comparing them to. And like the person before me mentioned just before, what's your system?post #8589 of 110852/17/14 at 10:10ampost #8590 of 110852/17/14 at 12:39pmQuote:
I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.post #8591 of 110852/17/14 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zoom25Quote:
I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.
I felt that lcdx has more impact (fast) and the lcd3 get deeper. I heard that with organ, when it stops playing you can hear the deep bass causes by the air coming back to the organ's tube (couldn't hear that on lcdx)post #8592 of 110852/17/14 at 6:23pmQuote:
Spot on description.post #8593 of 110852/17/14 at 9:33pm
If you had to categorize the sound of each of the Audeze' headphones how would you guys describe each one ?
Which of them would be the best "all arounders" ?post #8594 of 110852/18/14 at 5:26pmQuote:
Easy for the last one...LCD-X. For my comments between the LCD-3 and LCD-X, you can find them in my review of the LCD-X headphones.
- New Audeze LCD3
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 9 seconds ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 26 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: Concero HP 5 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...