For sound... LCD-3. But it leaks like crazy so ciems are nice for when the outside doesn't want to hear it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 573post #8581 of 90031/26/14 at 4:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8582 of 90031/26/14 at 4:29amQuote:
LCD3 no doubt. IEMs can not compare with pro headphones. Also it's fun to have different cables to fit the LCD3.post #8583 of 90031/26/14 at 5:02ampost #8584 of 90031/26/14 at 10:59amQuote:Quote:
+1 For sound quality and being in a building no question LCD3. For being out and about, airplanes, walking down the street, riding a bus, shopping in a mall, no question IEMs.post #8585 of 90031/26/14 at 11:02ampost #8586 of 90032/17/14 at 9:40ampost #8587 of 90032/17/14 at 9:43amQuote:
The LCD3 might be so good that it is highlighting weaknesses in your chain in that frequency band which is muddy. What are you driving them with? I found it costs a lot to deliver true tight bass from dac to amp in order to get the truth of the LCD2s bass capabilities.post #8588 of 90032/17/14 at 9:49amQuote:
Depends on what you're comparing them to. And like the person before me mentioned just before, what's your system?post #8589 of 90032/17/14 at 10:10ampost #8590 of 90032/17/14 at 12:39pmQuote:
I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.post #8591 of 90032/17/14 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zoom25Quote:
I thought the LCD-X was supposed to have more of a visceral bass response while the LCD-3 had more body to it.
I felt that lcdx has more impact (fast) and the lcd3 get deeper. I heard that with organ, when it stops playing you can hear the deep bass causes by the air coming back to the organ's tube (couldn't hear that on lcdx)post #8592 of 90032/17/14 at 6:23pmQuote:
Spot on description.post #8593 of 90032/17/14 at 9:33pmpost #8594 of 90032/18/14 at 5:26pmQuote:
Easy for the last one...LCD-X. For my comments between the LCD-3 and LCD-X, you can find them in my review of the LCD-X headphones.
- New Audeze LCD3
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › DAC/Amp or PC sound card to drive headphone? 10 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 32 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 33 seconds ago
- › How's the Fidelio/CitiScape range? 43 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 3 minutes ago
- › Worst speakers you have ever heard 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE Adapter. Brand new. 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob