Maybe I have to go buy another pair of LCD-3's and try them out to confirm this...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
New Audeze LCD3 - Page 549
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #8222 of 85278/26/13 at 7:58ampost #8223 of 85278/26/13 at 8:15amQuote:
I don't find the lcd2.2 to be so dark on Burson Conductor either, but LCD3 are less dark.post #8224 of 85278/26/13 at 9:09amQuote:
Houston, we have a quorum. Now we need to get Justin to fasttrack the GS-X mk2.post #8225 of 85278/26/13 at 9:40amQuote:
This is the graph of my lcd2 :
This is the graph of the lcd3 I didn't consider dark at all:
Edited by dan.gheorghe - 8/26/13 at 9:43ampost #8226 of 85278/26/13 at 9:56ampost #8227 of 85278/26/13 at 10:11ampost #8228 of 85278/26/13 at 10:21ampost #8229 of 85278/26/13 at 10:24ampost #8230 of 85278/26/13 at 11:00ampost #8231 of 85278/26/13 at 11:19amQuote:
That's what I thought too until a bad choice of cables turned my LCD-3s into K701spost #8232 of 85278/26/13 at 11:34amQuote:
Yep-comes down to the rest of the chain.
-Danielpost #8233 of 85278/29/13 at 7:57pm
Today I was conditioning my leather sofas and decided to randomly dab some of the cream on the LCD-3 earpads as I don't have the Audeze leather care kit. Definitely an improvement in comfort and even sound for me. It's almost memory foam like. Less pressure on the side now. Although a bit more pressure at the top. Also, broke out the wood care kit and decided to polish that. it got a shade darker and looks much richer now.post #8234 of 85279/2/13 at 8:51am
- New Audeze LCD3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 11 seconds ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 31 seconds ago
- › Etymotic ER-4S 40 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 50 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics is coming out with a new IEM? 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › SR60-Mod part II 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi